Exclamation PS4 Darksiders 2 Deathinitive Edition No Voice/Subs cutscenes

Hi,

I could not find a similair thread, so if it does exist, my apologies for adding a new one in advance!
    I've bought Darksiders 2 for PS4 through PSN but for some reason it will not play any voice during cutscenes, also when talking to NPC's there is no voice and it seems like the game is skipping most of the cutscenes.

Saw some advise on other forums to delete the game and reinstall, however, no luck there. Did a safemode of ps4 and reconstruct the database and then reinstall the game but no luck either.

Anyone else have the same issue here and if so, any fixes or is there a patch on the way? The game is on path level 1.02 and says there are no newer patches available, PS4 also on latest patch.

Thanks!

Me too

Quote Originally Posted by dpuntjuh View Post
    Hi,

I could not find a similair thread, so if it does exist, my apologies for adding a new one in advance!
    I've bought Darksiders 2 for PS4 through PSN but for some reason it will not play any voice during cutscenes, also when talking to NPC's there is no voice and it seems like the game is skipping most of the cutscenes.

Saw some advise on other forums to delete the game and reinstall, however, no luck there. Did a safemode of ps4 and reconstruct the database and then reinstall the game but no luck either.

Anyone else have the same issue here and if so, any fixes or is there a patch on the way? The game is on path level 1.02 and says there are no newer patches available, PS4 also on latest patch.

Thanks!
    I'm having the same issue. I tried to delete and download the game again, searched for answers online and have found nothing. How can thq nordic still being selling this game if it doesn't run properly?

I have found the solution

Hi,

Thanks!
    I have found the solution on a video. Aparently you have to change the console's language to US English, after that, the game will download a parch file, you wait it end and then you can change the console to your language again and the game will run fine.
    I'M impressed that it is not ao commented

Hi,

Thanks!
    Spend more than 5 minutes looking. I found it because I was having the same exact issue.

http://forum.nordicgames.at/threads/...e-probelms-PS4 Lots of details in this post, and it has been around since 2016.

Also, reddit post warning people away from these games: https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4Deals/co...s3ps4/dnjmtww/

@Scottsyorke - Your fix did not work for me. Glad it worked for you though.

Thumbs up This fixes it

Change console language to US English, then enter the game, once in game press the touchpad and choose quit game.
    Now press the PS button to go to your home screen, select Darksiders II and press the options button on your controller, select close application and restart the game, this fixed it for me. You can switch back the language after that.

Thx Scottsyorke for pointing me in the right direction, but you need to fully close the application afterwards for it to work, that was the main difference.

Hope this fixes it for all of you
    Last edited by Roronoa Z; 06-12-2017 at 13:18.