I recently bought the Raven game and it wont start

When I press the start button via Steam it shows up a window where I can select start the game and then it just turns black and then it just says the "raven_game.exe" stopped working.

My computer is a functionally gaming computer but its seems it wont take it.

Its a windows 8, with DX 11 graphic drive, GEforce 750M

I still cant get it to work and I've tried with run the steam program as admin and check the cache but even that wont work

Community Leader
    Ritter des 12. Kelches
    Hi!

I'm sorry to hear that the game doesn't launch for you.

The support is already taking a look at possible reasons for crashes. Could you please send a mail to support@nordicgames.at and describe exactly when this happens? Please also attach the DXDiag file and the game's logfile as described here, if it already exists.

I'm sure they will provide you with a solution as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience!

me too

Quote Originally Posted by Emrys89 View Post
    When I press the start button via Steam it shows up a window where I can select start the game and then it just turns black and then it just says the "raven_game.exe" stopped working.

I still cant get it to work and I've tried with run the steam program as admin and check the cache but even that wont work
    My problem close to yours, I use Win7 pro,DX11,GE Force 750i. When I click to start chapter 1, I get loading screen then it goes to a pastel blue screen and stops working. Have to restart to stop it. I have 8gigs ram and have a dual core quad at 2.67ghz. The game is from Amazon not "steam".

Try to run it with compatibility mode or/and disabling visual themes on the compatibility tab.

Until the first chapter ends!

I do almost have a simular problem except that i can play the game all the way through chapter one without any bigger problems or bugs. When the game is about to load the next chapter the credits pop in "and the game is over". I bought the game on Steam and it might has something to do with it. But i know that i am not the only one with exact this problem and i read that the makers of the game have done almost if not anything at all to fix it, which annoys me a bit because i actually paid money for this. It`s been released two years ago and this is not a minor bug, it`s quiet a big one.

I hope my words will be heard and there is a patch on the way.

thank you!

Community Leader
    Ritter des 12. Kelches
    Since The Raven was originally released in episodes, I guess the credits still start after every chapter. If I remember that correctly, you should be able to select the second chapter from the game menu after finishing the first. Are you able to do that when starting a new game or does this start chapter 1 again for you?

This happens also on Windows 10. It's a bug in Steam version setup:
    you have to force the specific game language to English/Deutsch https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...8487-WSCN-4121 (last part) or will freeze with black screen or crash directly when started from Launcher.
    Last edited by hexaae; 17-09-2016 at 00:58.
    Gaming laptop ASUS G751JY (i7-4860HQ, 16GB DDR3L 1600Mhz, GTX 980M 4GB DDR5 G-Sync, SSD)

Quote Originally Posted by hexaae View Post
    This happens also on Windows 10. It's a bug in Steam version setup:
    you have to force the specific game language to English/Deutsch https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...8487-WSCN-4121 (last part) or will freeze with black screen or crash directly when started from Launcher.
    ohhh. so its bug in steam version

Quote Originally Posted by ANNOmaniac View Post
    Since The Raven was originally released in episodes, I guess the credits still start after every chapter. If I remember that correctly, you should be able to select the second chapter from the game menu after finishing the first. Are you able to do that when starting a new game or does this start chapter 1 again for you?
    As I am facing the same problem. I can't select 2nd chapter..

where from you bought ??