Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Aquanox - Deep Descent

Light everyone!

Norbert Varga here, one of the producers and game designer on the Aquanox project from Digital Arrow. We are the guys who are working on the new Aquanox game together with Nordic Games. Myself, and some other colleges will keep an eye on the forums and thought to bring up this post in order to discuss things with you all.

We are always keen to listen to what the community has to say!

Raconz O.D.
    Welcome, Norbert!

Looking forward to this game as it develops.

Community Manager

Welcome Norbert, nice to have you on board!
    "Words are the only bullets in truth's bandolier. And poets are the snipers." (Dan Simmons, Hyperion)

Make more advertises!

I'm so glad that there is a successor !!
    Make some more advertising for this forum, the topic is discussed in 100 other forums, nobody knows from this here.
    What I consider most important:
    So nice and authentic characters as in Aquanox 2 with realistic speakers
    A similar game system as in Schleichfahrt at which the player can choose himself which way he goes
    More boats and a lot for tuning that increases the game a lot, because you always save money for new modules, the player has more options and it never gets boring
    Good acoustic accompaniment for an Intensive atmosphere
    A graphically well designed cockpit with plenty of detail that immerses the player in the game
    A better-designed environment, but you have already made good anyway
    A large open world to explore and something like a map which can be opened when needed
    Secret missions as in AN2!
    A multiplayer! If there was a multiplayer on the internet, that would increase the fan base, which is pretty scattered close together, more! Besides me, no one knew Schleichfahrt or Aquanox. I have shown it to a couple friends and they were not averse, they never saw anything like this before. There is hardly a similar game, you can do very much of it! People search Games with level and story, not something like Cod or Battlefield.

If I forgot something I'm writing again.
    Best regards! A loyal supporter
    Last edited by StoneyFoxNatural; 26-09-2014 at 16:22.

I forgot: What really nice was in An2, were the nice Animated Portraits of the Charakters! This brings more life in the Game. There are not many Games with this feauture.

Hey StoneyFox!

Thanks for your response!

I have to say that I agree, with most of your points and suggestions!

Creating a game, in which you can spend hours and hours on playing while still finding something fun to do is one of our main goals here at Digital Arrow.
    Explorable zones, freedom in ship customization and chain quests with twists are only some of the few things that will surely keep you occupied!

Regarding the multiplayer part, you will have plenty of options to enjoy the game with your friends!

We are happy to inform you that our Development blog page is up and running, and you can find it on www.aquanox.com. We will be posting a lot of extended and more in-depth details about the development of the game there.

Also check out our page at https://www.facebook.com/AquaNoxOfficial , if you haven't already, for some additional game related content!

Hello!
    Sorry for my english as I am not a native english speaker. Yet I wanted to register and thank you for your efforts to recreate that somewhat cult and unique game.
    The list of features you are announcing is large, maybe too large, i hope you will find a rational solution between scale and your own resources.
    The things i want to mention are storyline and writing. Their qualitiy is somewhat critical for a game with an rpg elements with a focus on believable and developed game atmospere and immersion. The storyline in Aquanox 2 was, well, on a medium level.
    And I find it CRITICAL that developers of your team have played in games, that have already settled a quality level of plot and writing in the games, like Fallout New Vegas, Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines, Gothic1. The reason I am mentioning these action/rpgs is that their story and writing are combined wery well with a in-game factions (there are lots of them in the world of Aqua), have some unique game mechanics based on game design and environment, non-cartoony characters, and some great quests and stories.
    Please, dont try to white a story by youselves from scratch, why not hire a good writer for creating or polishing it!
    Last edited by Polite_Orc; 19-10-2014 at 07:33.

Hey Polite_Orc!

First of all, thank you for registering and taking your time to comment!

Creating a game, that includes a quality storyline and all these features is certainly challenging. A game like Aquanox: DD includes a big number elements that in the wrong hands can distract each other and result in a mediocre game. Luckily we have experienced people developing the game. Be it the storyline, singleplayer, multiplayer, or the rational balance between these three.

Note that none of those games you mentoined have any from of multiplayer (except for Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines, where they added MP in 2012), however these games certainly serve as a good example for a great story!
    Last edited by ViktorDA; 20-10-2014 at 10:59.

Quote Originally Posted by ViktorDA View Post
    Hey Polite_Orc!

First of all, thank you for registering and taking your time to comment!

Creating a game, that includes a quality storyline and all these features is certainly challenging. A game like Aquanox: DD includes a big number elements that in the wrong hands can distract each other and result in a mediocre game. Luckily we have experienced people developing the game. Be it the storyline, singleplayer, multiplayer, or the rational balance between these three.
    Note that none of those games you mentoined have any from of multiplayer (except for Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines, where they added MP in 2012), however these games certainly serve as a good example for a great story!
    Well, there's no multiplayer because usually multiplayer brings shameful death for the concept of singleplayer game with roleplaying elements such as immersion, lore depth or complexicity of gameplay.
    Except of System Shock 2, maybe.

In Bloodlines time and resources for the rudimental MP were sacrificed for the singleplayer development, if I am remember correctly.
    Last edited by Polite_Orc; 21-10-2014 at 17:55.

Hello people or should I say Light people!

I just heard about Deep Descent and think it's great news, the series was in hibernation for too long.

Hey Dot Matrix!

Welcome on board!

Hi again, it may be too early to discuss, but were there any devs discussions about the ingame music' main style and choice?

Some futuristic electronic music maybe, or a good old industrial\techno?

Quote Originally Posted by Polite_Orc View Post
    Hi again, it may be too early to discuss, but were there any devs discussions about the ingame music' main style and choice?

Some futuristic electronic music maybe, or a good old industrial\techno?
    It's too early to discuss indeed. But don't worry, we will be releasing info on this subject very soon.

xilef9292
    Can we please get an update of the development process? There are neither new information on the website, nor in this forum. Do you have new concepts, problems, or visual material?
    Aqua dentes habet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast