Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Hey Captain_Grausam,

we are very intrigued by the possibilities of the Unreal Engine 4 and we are currently evaluating whether a switch would make sense.

We would be pleased to receive pictures of your fan art as soon as you have something finished. If you give us your consent, we’d also post them to our social media channels.

-> I hope that you're using DirectX 12 for development. It has multi-core support and performs much better than DirectX 11 in detailed scenes.
    -> When I played the older Aquanox 1 and 2, I always wondered about what those buildings could look like inside. I think this would make sense for missions too, to have elements that need to be done inside underwater bases, messing with equipment in ELF nodes, etc. I know it takes more resources to develop, but since there are not that many populated locations this should prove relatively easy to do.
    -> One thing I don't like in some games is excessive bloom, so please try to balance that out in the game or at least offer a setting for it.
    -> I'd like to be able to finish the game in multiple ways, depending on the choices I make along the way.
    -> If you introduce cutscenes, please don't compress them like most studios do.
    I have a lot more ideas for you, but I'm waiting for a beta to see what you've done so far.

Soundtrack?

I was wondering what the soundtrack for Aquanox deep descent is going to be I heard some music from the Dev blog the was from the previous games? Also are they going to keep the torpedo siren? Personally I found that the torpedo siren (also most of the soundtrack) made the game more intense? Anyway those were all my questions I hope the Devs can make us a master piece and keep the name Aquanox alive.

Hello again,

I was thinking maybe it would be a good idea to release Archimedean Dynasty on Steam and GOG as a teaser for things to come, both Aquanox games are already available on Steam (though removed from GOG).
    That is if you have (or can get) the distribution rights of the game of course as I think they might be with Ubisoft after their Blue Byte takeover.
    I still have the original CD-ROM and it works fine under Dosbox and apparently it also works with nGlide in 3dfx mode, though I tried it on my old PC and was to slow for me, the software render worked great though.

Long ideas list ahead!!

Hi all

Nice to see a aquanox series back on track.I hope you can nail some good points with todays technology.

I am sure you will do terrific job with the graphics and such but there are some things I would like to see implemented in “submarine combat sim” that diffiers from any space sim.

Lets get this ;Space and Seas are two different enviroments.We simply don't want to see submarines in space.Of course games in these two enviromnents have much to learn from each other.The following years after the release of Aquanox showed what can be done in space but there are clearly some points I would like to adress.

-Everything is sturdy under the sea.They have to withstand a lot of pressure by themselves so they should be taking up a huge beating.

-Watch SeaQuest series of steven Spielberg I guess.They have terrific ideas buried there.

-I like the actual bioweapon idea.But some cross over between bio and mechanical should be integrated into the game.Fish don't move by propulsion of mass as in a standard sense.They use their body movement to propel them through water.I think some of the submarines should do the same thing in the game and not just move straight like a space sim.

-Underwater means “currents and pressure changes”.There should be streams of changing currents which effect your movement while fighting.Some high pressure areas should also allow so types of ship to triumph on others(like an arc or some water way,channel where the low pressure vessels take damage while others can hide a bit there without taking any).Some volcanic gas vents (bubling water vents on ocean floor) can cause damage to small ships for example.If ship movement of one could effect the other a bit that would be very nice indeed.

-Underwater torpedoes are a start.But shouldn't end there.

-Employ fish tactics.Leeching,taging(for better torpadoe lock down) along and ink ejection are some ideas.A acid cloud leave which obscures the area,damages the submarines passing through would be nice.

-Leeching:Scouts and light fighters should be able to fire some “leech” torpedoes that when attached transfers some shield/energy from the target while you stay within very short range of your target(100m or so);So you have to manevour around the target to leech.The leeches fall of once they reach an amount of “sucktion” from the prey.They should be hard to land on small targets.You can call “the leech”.

-Electro harpooning (Taken from the whale chases) could be nice.The harpooned guy and the predator have a link that if not broken does damage overtime.Big ship to Big,medium ship kind of weapon.Not easy to hit small targets.

-Some weapon nano-fish robots like a school of pirhanas would be nice.Some nanobots could be like protector/shield fish swimming with you while the others like for scouts are attacking purposes.Maybe could be some repair bot kinds.

Proximity Slugs:For capital ships to haunt down scout/high manevurability ships.Slugs that go slow but act as “flak cannons” exploding with a second command and dealing damage in a sphere of vicinity.It would be like old pirate ships firing their canons.

Short Burst from gatling guns:This is under water.Small projectiles don't do well for long ranges.In space sims you could just keep your hand on the button and hower over your enemies.In an underwater sim this should be short burst.The effective range of these “gatling”type weapons should be low,they should scatter with range and even do no damage at some range.Skirmishes and hit and run tactics require to deliver the “bullet” load in short amount of times in short ranges.This should make these type of weapons suitable for fast agile submarines which can hit and run and maneuvour.

Scouts vs Big ships:This is a big deal;The argument “small ships are agile but have low hp,big ships have high hp but slow” usually doesn't work.Shield regeneration and ship repair are big part of this equation.

Big ships should have means to deal heavy damage,sustain heavy damage but should'nt have the manevurability of the small ships.Maybe they shouldn't even have some small gattling cannons and small electro harpoons.Their repair should be high.They should be able to launch large number of torpedoes.Flak cannons are for big ships only.Although they move slow they shouldn't be effected by the currents that much.Long range.

Small Ships:High abiltiy to recharge shields.They are fast and agile but have to come into close proximity for short bursts.They don't have high number of repair bot/nanobots to repair overtime but have to rely on “leeching”.They are highly effected by currents and pressure changes.This class should have the only small-short ranged burst option.

Extra Manevurability:The ships should be able to be loaded with more side jets or fans for better strafing and manevurability.The ships should have hull points like in mechwarrior where it restricts the type of weapon/repairbot/extra fan and the amount a ship could pack

Random map.If there was a “Fallout” kind of map where you went with your submarine through the place and just “crash landed” to some incidences that would be nice.Such events as in fallout maybe “basic” pirates attacking you or some people wanting your help or some very weird discovery.Maybe even the city places could be a bit random to increase replayability.

Lastly my favorite part in Aquanox 2 was the pirate treasure under the sea with turrets and stuff.It was just nice!!.

I hope this game becomes more than fancy graphics .Sorry for the long post but Aquanox is an "old" friend afterall .

Thumbs up Oh man

When I was kid someone gave me Aquanox on a disc from some game magazine and I completely fell in love.. I completed game more than 200 times, found all "hidden missions", even found unused ship in game files and added it, changed ones that already were in game, for example made a real torpedo-submarine out of Voodoo Breath decreasing gun places to one + torpedo launcher and raising torpedo carry to 42.. You can say I'm 100% Aquanox fanboy hahah. So for me the more of AN and AN2 we have the better since I don't really enjoy AD :/ I currently own like 3 orginal CD's with Aquanox, one with Aquanox 2 and both on steam to be ready for everything really, so when I found out there will be relaunch it was like ressurection of my childhood, I'm very excited to see how it will turn out :D I'm buying preorder if it will be here for sure.
    About expectations:
    -physics and pushing other ships like it was in AN
    -I loved stealth missions, don't forget them
    -for me dialogues were not cheesy but you know, fanboy mind
    -make it super difficult (maybe just me, but on hightest setting I've completed AN in like 3-4 hours)
    -story continuation
    -maaaaaaany upgrades (I just ******* LOVE upgrading stuff, even irl everything I have is upgraded/modified)
    -longer than predecessors
    -special missions like in AN2
    -maybe option to go somewhere before cutscene and clear area before action (I know it's not meant to be like that but for first gameplay noone will do this, also in mission with turrets and liberty statue it was pretty funny to not shoot generators and first clear turrets before doing that)
    -more hidden/side missions
    -more ships
    -more guns
    -more everything!
    -also add side objectives like they were in AN, saving freighter in mission with pirates attacking ELF for example
    -there are moment in AN when you must move because game tells you there are too many anemies, make them beatable on hightest difficulty for extra credits
    -make "extra" upgrades for players that play on hightest difficulty all time
    -working multiplayer, anyone?
    -open world
    -maybe gathering resources from pirates in open world (not cash) for upgrades, alternatively to buying it (or to get discount for them)

Px23

ps.Sorry for any mistakes, english is not my main language

Talking Ideas and suggestions

Hi everyone!
    Some ideas:
    Pagda is very colorful character, good to see him again in new part of the game.
    Some big ships, like the harvester, at least in one mission.
    In the first part of the Aqua, was mentioned holographic 3D museum. In A.D. After completing the game you can enjoy the colorful pictures and sound of the surf beach, be very cool, to make a similar presentation in the new part.
    News feed in different locations, about what is happening in the world of Aqua.
    The ability to trade equipment at different stations and make a credits on the difference in value.
    Good human story, in the style of the 2-3 A.N.
    Last edited by Gamlet; 30-07-2015 at 16:33.
    The wise man always stands firmly feet on the ground while his head is in the riad ... in paradise.

Light Everyone!

I've been reading up on all the suggestions, and I must say there are some really good ones written here. We've been already on track as it seems, but will certainly keep an eye out for further things.

"News feed in different locations, about what is happening in the world of Aqua."

Can you elaborate a bit on how you thought about this? This sounds interesting.

-Some weapon nano-fish robots like a school of pirhanas would be nice.Some nanobots could be like protector/shield fish swimming with you while the others like for scouts are attacking purposes.Maybe could be some repair bot kinds.

This one is good, Syth. Generally, I like the way you think! Thanks for the huge list! Lots of awesome ideas in there.

@nanoguy We are working now on Unreal Engine 4, so DX12 is certainly in plan.

NOTE: A lot of your suggestions are actually already in plan/in process. Head over to our Kickstarter page/Blog to have a check on the details!
    Last edited by NorbertDA; 24-08-2015 at 15:58.
    Check out the Aquanod Deep Descen Kickstarter! Thank you all for your support!

~Digital Arrow Producer & Lead Designer

Got the Kickstarter notification on Steam and I was like HOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHIT! Seriously, quite possibly my favorite video game franchise of all time (next to The Elder Scrolls that is ), so incredibly nostalgic to me. Hope you guys reach your goal!

Anyways, one thing that I'm surprised that people haven't mentioned yet are microtransactions (rewards or significant items in which people use real world money to purchase). I took a look at the rewards for Kickstarter backers and it's gotten me a little worried. I mean sure they're rewards for those who donate and all, which is fine, but I'm afraid that might lead to microtransactions playing a huge part in the overall product. Sure people could make tons of money off of it but it ends up killing the experience for us that are playing it. It's what made Triple-A title games like EVOLVE, Destiny, and The Crew such colossal failures in the long term (Destiny especially). If there are microtransactions involved could you please keep it to a minimum, or at least don't make it significantly important that gives other people advantages to others, because I don't want to end up wasting a good amount of money just to beat a certain level, boss, or even other players. It's a really good way of turning people off to your game extremely quickly.

Hi Toondude10!

I am not sure what you are referring to here, but Aquanox Deep Descent is going to feature no microtransactions . If you are thinking about the rewards such are the stickers, custom cockpit items, etc in the Kickstarter rewards, those are just extra bonuses for the backers who purchase that particular reward tier (and are exclusive to those reward tiers).

Items of these kind will be purchased using actual in-game money earned from trading, salvaging and missions. I hope I clarified the situation.

Well I mean like certain items that will give you a much needed advantage over everyone (i.e. special weapons, armor, upgrades, early access items, etc.) and you can only get them using real money. You know the term, "Pay to Win," that sort of thing.

But I'm sure you knew that already so I'm relived that there's not going to be anything like that (hopefully) so thanks for clarifying that (mostly )

That's exactly what I meant. No such things will be in Aquanox Deep Descent. You will need to earn your credits in-game and purchase equipment with the in-game earned currencies, just like in other RPG games (such are the The Elder Scrolls games or similar).
    Last edited by NorbertDA; 25-08-2015 at 16:04.

Question

Light to all! I have a question to developers. Can you release a modding tools(like map editor, model editor,scripts editor and etc) for AquaNox 1-2? Your company have a rights for AquaNox series,and i think Massive Development gave you all the equipment, programms and documentations, which MD used for AquaNox development. If you have this tools, can you release them? Pleeeeease! I and other people which played this games are want to complement this games with new maps, missions, models and etc.

I hope, you will answer my question.

Yours faithfully, deedlit2.

So I watched that promo video on Kickstarter again and I noticed that in the prototype footage the sound effects seemed pretty...basic. I'm meaning that the blasting, explosions, crashing, etc. seemed as though you just looked up video game sound effects on Youtube or something and just used those. I would really like to have more uniqueness to the sound so it doesn't feel unoriginal and bland.

Continuing on a similar route, I think it would be a really cool idea if say your ship gets damaged during combat and you could hear crunching and crashing from the immense pressure of the ocean deep. Maybe even glass cracking, systems failing, or even air and water leaking (although I'm sure that would be pretty difficult to do). I think it would give a sense of realism that would really add suspense and maybe even fear.
    Last edited by Toondude10; 26-08-2015 at 02:32.

@deedlit2

Unfortunately, I do not have much information on this subject at this point. Hopefully will be able to tell you more further down the road.

@Toondude10

The sound effects are very early versions within our prototype (same as gameplay and art), so they are certainly not representative of the final quality we plan to have in the game. Cracking, crunching and crashing from the immense pressure, leaking air, cracking glass, system failures and even more are things we certainly have in mind as well!
    Last edited by NorbertDA; 26-08-2015 at 17:39.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast