Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    after many trys to install and play silver over the years, yesterday firstly the idea came up to watch a letsplay. it was delicious! it is actually.. i would call it the favourite game of my youth, athmosphere, landscape and music do their best to surround the dynamic fighting system which i wonder to see not mroe often in games.

big + for a sequel! please make sure to keep up the mouse-moves and the beautiful countryside. if the story links to silver 1 i wouldnt be mad

Hello everyone!
    I actually registered here to see if there would have been any chance to see the original Silver ported on Ouya.
    Although I still hope for it, I found these ideas for a prequel or sequel to Silver, and I love them! Silver as the protagonist alongside David's father sounds a great idea to me. Perhaps his route to the "dark side".

Quote Originally Posted by DrSlash
    First of all I think that having the original composer and writer in the team is a must - the music in the game was so unique and the writing was so good that I can't imagine a Silver game without either of these people.
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by DrSlash
    The gameplay is already perfect as is (including the battle system and pie-menus). Of course it could use some slight tweaks here and there but the only issue for most gamers would be the console save system - I'd suggest to get rid of them.
    I think I don't understand what you say here. The Chronichler was a nice idea. I played the PC version, and what annoyed me is that he doesn't reappear, so the second time I played it I went to talk to him only when needed. So in a remake, let him stay or at least reappear!!

Quote Originally Posted by MBurner
    About the world: Awesome! I loved the atmosphere made up by music and areas. But for Silver II I would prefer an open world - as far as possible. The world should and could stay the same, even though Metalon and Winter might not be there yet. But those could be former villages or whatever you want it to be.

In addition to that, the gameplay is simply great and stunning. Never have I played a game so easy and yet so claiming. But what about some sidequests? Or other options for buying stuff? Especially if you would use an open world where it shouldn't be allowed to travel via map (but what about horses, ships, whatever?) it could be useful to be able to buy food, drinks and everything else in the most common places.

And multiplayer? I am not talking about beating up each other, but to be able to play the game together, as you were able to play three characters at once already. Or something totally new? Like players being able to create sidequests for other players?

If you would integrate these ideas, it would be a thin line between having your own, somewhat new kind of the Silver gameplay and other already existing games like everything you see nowadays: WoW, GTA, whatever it may be.

I am really keen on seeing what you will develop there.

Please don't flame me for my ideas or my english as I am totally thrilled by the idea of Silver II.
    Please, don't take it as a flame, nor will I attack you on your English since I am not a native speaker either. Anyway, I would prefer for the game to be KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid). The line between Silver II and already existing franchises would be thin. Too thin, and I don't hope you prefer original stuff and not more of the same as I do.

In my (debatable) opinion: an open world is a good idea, in Silver you could go wherever you like, but you wouldn't find anything new. Buying different goods, be them gears or food or magic in this open world would be a step in the right direction.

I would welcome sidequests too, and a real leveling system (if I remember in Silver you level up only by defeating bosses), but I would keep it single-player and more importantly offline. Maybe, just maybe, a local co-op. I wouldn't like to see yet another MMORPG.

Still, as I said before, this is my opinion. Hope to see David again soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Chevalier View Post
    I think I don't understand what you say here. The Chronichler was a nice idea. I played the PC version, and what annoyed me is that he doesn't reappear, so the second time I played it I went to talk to him only when needed. So in a remake, let him stay or at least reappear!!
    Yeah, that's basically what I meant - getting rid of the old save system and making it possible to save anytime (not because I didn't like it in the original game, but because most other players won't like it nowadays).

15 years has past!

I did beat the game the very minut! No this game is not bad. Its Equally good as i remember it! Godlord! you made an Epic game. I agree with some, the Composer for the scores NEEDS to be in Silver 2.

NO i do not want multiplayer or something strange 3D or mounts and open World.

If i could decide, Silver 2 would be the very same game with fixed background (dont know the Word)
    I would even donate for a silver 2 IF i knew it would be so simlar Silver 1 in style.

Feel free to decide the story, just keep the Composer, Battle system, the love hate feeling.

Yes abit better graphic would be nice, but dont over do it. This game are like Heroes Might and Magic 3 and dont ruin it like they did with Heroes 4 and 5 with mega Graphics and just facepalm

When will you begin to work? Release date? I swear on all i have, i will buy Silver 2 and i will give it a chans, dont fuck this up Team // Mikael from sweden. Time magic OP

Thoughts on Silver 2

Hello everyone!

Great to hear news on a possible sequel to a truly magnificent game - Silver! And I'm happy to have found a forum with people who also genuinely hope this game would come true!

I've read the previous comments (tried to put the german ones through google translate as well) and I have a few suggestions of my own.

Regarding the pre-rendered backgrounds - in my opinion these were the heart and core of the game and should pretty much stay the same. To me - they made the game stand out back in the 90's. They propelled the story and contributed to the fantastic atmosphere of the game. This element of the games should therefore stay the same.

It would be a real pity to see Silver go down the same road as for instance the Monkey Island-franchise. Three of the best adventure games ever made - and then everything destroyed with too much 3D and horrific game controls (Monkey Island 4). In other words, keep the backgrounds pretty much the same and focus on animation of the moving characters. I believe the game still looks fantastic today thanks to these pre-rendered backgrounds. The only thing that looks out of date really, are the cut-scene animations - take the destruction of Metalon for example.

As for the story, a prequel that tells the story would be great. I'd love to hear more about the different locations of Jerrah - What is Atro really? Why did Spires sink into the ocean? Thank could work! Me, myself was thinking of a sequel set several hundred years after Silver's defeat when David's quest had actually become a legend (reference to the Chronicler). In this present time - the blood river under Metalon stars to flow once more and the eight orbs must once more be found by David's ancestor.

Anyway, I'd love to discuss further ideas for a sequel - if anyone's still interested. I still hope for that sequel!

Erik, Sweden

Hallo liebe Leute von Nordic Games

gibt es bereits Neuigkeiten zum Silver Nachfolger oder einem Remake?

Ich hoffe doch sehr das die Pläne für ein neues Silver Game nicht verworfen wurden.

Auch wenn es keine neuen News gibt, könntet ihr vielleicht bitte kurz bestätigen das etwas in diese Richtung kommt.

Danke schon mal im voraus.

Has there been any development? Did Nordic Games finally find the right developer for this game?

Hi guys!

I registered here only to say that I'd be stoked as f*** if a sequel came out! F'ing HYPED! (I'm 29, this game gets my inner child out real bad)

But actually, let me say some more things
    I speak from heart when I say I'm a very big fan of Silver. I think it's one of the most magical and enthralling games I've ever played. Last year I played it again (several times) and it was just as great as ever
    I love the beauty, the tragedy, the magic, the interesting characters and whatnot that make this game so great.
    Silver also doesn't sidetrack unneccessarily. Everything is truly spun into and around the storyline. I've replayed the game dozens of times because it was simply THAT good. Not because of any replayability factors that seem out of place or artificial in any way (though having different character compositions to choose and different weapons/spells to explore was pretty sweet to make every next playthrough exciting).

Just wanted to let you know what I think and feel about a possible sequel. If you make it happen, I'll throw my cash at you.

PS: My brother would probably be really happy, too. He bought the game originally and we both were hooked right away.
    Last edited by ETBrooD; 16-07-2015 at 10:19.

Any news regarding a release of Silver 2 or perhaps a HD remake?
    I think making it in Unreal Engine 4 could be an option.

Hi everyone,
    i just wanted to check in and repeat the question so many people have asked over the years:
    Are there any news regarding the development of a possible sequel of Silver?
    If you can't go into details please just tell us if there still is a chance or if the plans have been dropped altogether.
    I would love a new Silver game, and I know many people that think the same way and would buy it if has enough similiarities (especially the combat system) to the first part.
    It would be really nice to get a response,

Regards,
    Pendax

Is there any new news?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendax View Post
    Hi everyone,
    i just wanted to check in and repeat the question so many people have asked over the years:
    Are there any news regarding the development of a possible sequel of Silver?
    If you can't go into details please just tell us if there still is a chance or if the plans have been dropped altogether.
    I would love a new Silver game, and I know many people that think the same way and would buy it if has enough similiarities (especially the combat system) to the first part.
    It would be really nice to get a response,

Regards,
    Pendax

I agree, it would be great just to know if you are still working on it or have it in mind or if the project is cancelled.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2