Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Post The Development of Silver 2

So there is serious plans on making a sequel to Silver i hope? This game has a big fanbase which means the developers needs to stay true to the first game and not wander to far off the path.

1. I'd like to ask the IP holders at Nordic Games who you had in mind to develop this game and why?
    2. Which engine has been taken into consideration?

Hopefully we can have a serious conversation about this topic and the direction of where to take it. I really loved this game back in the days, recently bought Silver on GOG and are now doing a re-run of it.
    Last edited by lavizh; 24-06-2013 at 16:46.

1) We have nobody in mind but we know the original devs are still around...
    2) That depends on the devs.

Silver was a nice RPG and we hope we can satisfy one day the need of the community to continue Silver.
    Reinhard Pollice|Business & Product Development Director Nordic Games GmbH, Vienna, Austria
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ElMegalomator

Make a new Aquanox happen: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-deep-descent/

Oh man das ist ja der Wahnsinn.

Ich habe seit dem ersten Teil darauf gewartet das es endlich mal was neues bezüglich der Silver IP gibt. Der erste Teil gehört zu meinen absoluten Lieblingsspielen und ich kenne da eine menge Leute die nur darauf warten das ein zweiter Teil erscheint.

Es wäre echt grandios wenn ihr ein Silver im Stil des ersten Teil machen würdet. Ich bin zwar kein Experte, aber heutzutage müsste das wahrscheinlich auch in echtem 3D gehen, sprich ohne vorgerenderte Hintergründe.

Ich hätte da 2 Fragen.

1. Sollte (hoffentlich) ein Silver Nachfolger erscheinen, würdet ihr auch eine Konsolenversion in Betracht ziehen?

2. Gibt es Pläne den ersten Teil erneut zu releasen mit verbesserten Charaktermodellen und höher aufgelösten Hintergründen?

Silver in einer verbesserten Version würde ich mir glatt nochmal zulegen. ^^

Vielen Dank im voraus.

Wir evaluieren gerade alle möglichen Optionen. Die von dir angesprochenen sind für uns auch sehr interessant. Wir sind dabei auch im regen Austausch mit Originalentwicklern.
    Reinhard Pollice|Business & Product Development Director Nordic Games GmbH, Vienna, Austria

Make a new Aquanox happen: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-deep-descent/

Vielen Dank für die schnelle Antwort.

Ich freue mich schon riesig darauf.
    So lange es was mit Silver zu tun hat ist es gekauft

Egal ob nun der zweite Teil oder ein HD Remake des ersten.
    Am besten wäre natürlich beides

Das sind großartige Neuigkeiten für mich, dass ihr in die Silver-Marke vertraut.
    Ich hatte gedacht, das Kapitel sei auf ewig abgehakt.

Solltet ihr dem Spiel einen Nachfolger oder ein HD-Remake spendieren, so bitte ich euch inständig darum, wieder eine Schwerthieb-Maussteuerung zu implementieren. Es war ein großartiges Alleinstelllungsmerkmal.

Ich bin gespannt, was ihr draus macht.

Hallo,
    Die Maussteuerung finde ich nach wie vor genial.
    Ich hoffe, dass wir was tolles daraus machen können.

Amazing news!!

There is a huge fanbase waiting for this game. The facebook page of Spiral House gets bombed with posts to buy the rights of silver and they just released the news that you guys got the rights now.

I'd love to see another Great Story!

Don't forget to implement the cool attack movements like Falcon(which was my favorite)

Endlich!

Ich bin ein wirklich sehr großer Fan des Spiels. Es war so ca. das erste richtige Spiel was ich je gespielt habe..
    Das waren noch Zeiten..
    Es ist echt eines der wenigen spiele welches ich so oft rausgekrammt habe und der einzige Existenzgrund für meinen alten XP Laptop..
    Ich hoffe echt ihr bringt bald einen würdigen Nachfolger für dieses grandiose Meisterwerk
    Über jeglichen neuen Infos zu diesem Projekt bin ich sowasvon Dankbar!

Ihr habt echt mit dem Kauf der Silver Reihe (und auch mit dem Kauf der Darksiders Reihe) viel gutes getan.
    Jetzt nutzt bitte diese geniale Chance für diese Spiele!
    Danke

Since I've played Silver back in 2000 it's been my all-time favorite. Actually, I've spent the recent year trying to find the developers of the original game to propose them to start a kickstarter campaign for it's sequel - so you can imagine how excited I was when I've found out that you've actually purchased the Silver IP! It's also good to know that you want to cooperate with the original developers. Being a video game developer myself I know how much feedback and opinions from fans mean to you right now, so let me express some of my thoughts and suggestions about the game (you might or might not consider it, it's just my personal opinion):

First of all I think that having the original composer and writer in the team is a must - the music in the game was so unique and the writing was so good that I can't imagine a Silver game without either of these people.
    Secondly, the sequels are usually more commercially successful than remakes, so if you are going to make a remake, I'd suggest releasing a sequel first.
    One of the main features of the game was variety - each location was very unique and was very different from all the others, so I'd suggest keeping that in mind as well.
    The gameplay is already perfect as is (including the battle system and pie-menus). Of course it could use some slight tweaks here and there but the only issue for most gamers would be the console save system - I'd suggest to get rid of them.
    If the game shares it's setting with the original, it could probably be a prequel with David's father being the protagonist.
    I'm not sure whether pre-rendered backgrounds would be better than real-time 3D graphics, so I'd suggest posting previews of wither variants and letting the gamers decide which of them they prefer. Project Eternity and Tides of Numenera both use pre-rendered graphics, so I guess it's not a bad time to get back to using pre-rendered graphics. I suppose you might want to do the same with the western vs anime graphical style dilemma.

I wish you the best of luck, please take your time making the game and I hope Silver franchise will have a reeally bright future as well as Nordic Games. Thanks for your attention, you are the best for purchasing Silver IP and making my childhood dream come true!

I'm so happy someone picked up the rights to Silver its easily one of my favorite DC games.It would be awesome to see Nordic and Spiral House team up and make a new game.

Quote Originally Posted by DrSlash View Post
    ...If the game shares it's setting with the original, it could probably be a prequel with David's father being the protagonist.
    I'm not sure whether pre-rendered backgrounds would be better than real-time 3D graphics, so I'd suggest posting previews of wither variants and letting the gamers decide which of them they prefer. Project Eternity and Tides of Numenera both use pre-rendered graphics, so I guess it's not a bad time to get back to using pre-rendered graphics. I suppose you might want to do the same with the western vs anime graphical style dilemma.
    To be honest, I have been thinking about a prequel as well, wrote the idea and the setting down ages ago, but unfortunately all the data is lost since my old notebook crashed. But the father as the protagonist would be one idea, even though I thought about Silver as a protagonist as well. Set a few decades before Silver I, when Silver himself was young (maybe about the age of David) and where David's father would be a friend of Silver. Just a vague idea.

About the world: Awesome! I loved the atmosphere made up by music and areas. But for Silver II I would prefer an open world - as far as possible. The world should and could stay the same, even though Metalon and Winter might not be there yet. But those could be former villages or whatever you want it to be.

In addition to that, the gameplay is simply great and stunning. Never have I played a game so easy and yet so claiming. But what about some sidequests? Or other options for buying stuff? Especially if you would use an open world where it shouldn't be allowed to travel via map (but what about horses, ships, whatever?) it could be useful to be able to buy food, drinks and everything else in the most common places.

And multiplayer? I am not talking about beating up each other, but to be able to play the game together, as you were able to play three characters at once already. Or something totally new? Like players being able to create sidequests for other players?

If you would integrate these ideas, it would be a thin line between having your own, somewhat new kind of the Silver gameplay and other already existing games like everything you see nowadays: WoW, GTA, whatever it may be.

I am really keen on seeing what you will develop there.

Please don't flame me for my ideas or my english as I am totally thrilled by the idea of Silver II.

I love the idea of having a co-op mode! Sidequests and more stuff to buy are worth implementing too.

Idiot :)

EX Silver artist writes...

Cool! I've just come across this news and am excited about the idea of a new Silver game.

I worked on Silver at Infogrames as an artist and scripter and always considered it to be a decent game, albeit released a year or two too late It was a long development with a few changes along the way, but we got there in the end.

I do feel there's life in Silver and hope there will be a new development.

As for the dev team. It's mostly fragmented now with most people going in different directions, although I believe Spiral House is still going with a few remaining talented people. Last I heard, Bobby Earl and Robbie Tinman were still running Spiral. Great programmers.

If people were to look at Silver now, they might think it looks a tad dated, but it was decent in its day, I guess.

I'll follow the progress on this one

Lightbulb Wanted features

nice news about development of silver 2

+1 co-op mode via lan
    +1 cool attack movements with mouse

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast