Page 1 of 599 1 2 3 11 51 101 501 ... LastLast

Thread: MX vs ATV

MX vs ATV

Congrats and thanks for picking up the MX vs ATV franchise. We are all looking forward to what you have in store for us.

We are a very dedicated, passionate, and loyal group. One of the few games out there that emulates what we love to do in real life.

Looking forward to further development on "Mx vs. Atv Tournament" and hope you can get us a new game soon as we have been without one for a long time!

In the meantime, I think I speak for all the MX community with the following requests:
    1. PLEASE turn back on the Relfex servers. There are many players who still play and love this game.
    2. please release any of the finished/unfinished DLC tracks for ALIVE
    3. please leave the ALIVE servers up and running. At least until a new game comes out.

I'm sure other posters will come in here with more requests but fulfilling at least these 3 things will go along way with the current MX community.

Thanks!
    Last edited by thatguy2; 24-04-2013 at 03:37.

Thanks for your interest in this great racing game series!
    MX vs. ATV is so far the franchise where we have most problems understanding certain things that happened like servers and shops being shut down. Was there any announcement on that?

What kind of servers were online on Reflex?
    What kind of DLCs were promised and werent released?
    Reinhard Pollice|Business & Product Development Director Nordic Games GmbH, Vienna, Austria
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ElMegalomator

Make a new Aquanox happen: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-deep-descent/

Quote Originally Posted by Megalomaniac View Post
    Thanks for your interest in this great racing game series!
    MX vs. ATV is so far the franchise where we have most problems understanding certain things that happened like servers and shops being shut down. Was there any announcement on that?

What kind of servers were online on Reflex?
    What kind of DLCs were promised and werent released?
    There have been and never were announcements regarding the shop or servers being shut down.

It was only 3+ weeks ago that the Reflex servers were shut down/ went down. Or maybe they just need maintenance? The MX community figured that whoever bought the franchise were the ones who shut it down but it seems that was in error. Can you see what you can do for us there please?

As far as DLC for ALIVE: There was supposed to be more DLC to come out but with THQ's troubles they shut down the studio responsible before they could be released. From what I understand in talking to X-thq employees is there are finished tracks that could be released. Supercross tracks were promised to us and we all look forward to seeing them if possible. From the beginning this was the most sought after dlc and it is sad the thq shut it down before this could be realized.

And thanks for the quick reply and your attention to this community, it is greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by thatguy2; 23-04-2013 at 00:19.

And to be clear: THQ did release 2 DLC supercross tracks. These tracks were primers / beginner tracks meant to get us ready for the real thing. A teaser if you will, that has been teasing us for year now! lol

What kind of server was the Reflex server? Matchmaking/Lobby server or more?
    We are interested to hear more about the unfinished MX vs ATV DLCs.

We will look into all this once we finally got our hands on all the data.
    Reinhard Pollice|Business & Product Development Director Nordic Games GmbH, Vienna, Austria
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ElMegalomator

Make a new Aquanox happen: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-deep-descent/

Yes, it was a matchmaking/lobby server. There were public and private lobby options.

Not too much to tell about the unreleased DLC really as no real details were released other than "REAL Supercoss tracks are coming soon!" Most of the info we have is from x-employees. So I guess you will see the reality of the subject once you get a hold of the data and see what actually exists.

To throw in what I and many others would like to see in a future game:
    Real bikes, real tracks, all real licensed gear and equipment.
    A story mode that allows you to "move up through the ranks" starting as an amateur and ending with you being pro.
    Multiplayer mode that allows tournaments to be easily setup. We are a competitive group that always love to see who is the best!

If you let me know if you are knowledgeable about motocross/supercross I could go into much more detail. Happily

Thanks again for picking up Mx vs. ATV and also for the quick response! Hopefully its a sign of things to come.

The reflex matchmaking servers are down completely. I'm not sure if the reflex dlc is still able to be downloaded since I haven't downloaded anything for it in some time.

The alive servers are still up but the moto depot, where we purchase dlc is down or at least it is for some people. Many people I've spoke with also said they purchased bikes and gear that never were available in game.

Like that guy said the supercross dlc seemed like it was meant to be teasers for the real tracks yet to come. Rumors stretched as far as getting the real supercross tracks from the ama series. The community would be satisfied with some good supercross tracks or new nationals for that matter.

Alive was another great game in the MX vs. ATV evolution. There were some problems in the game but overall it was pretty solid and the closest thing to the real thing while maintaining a fun video game feel. I may be jumping out on my own a bit here but with just a few patches on gameplay, all this game needs is new dlc. New bikes tracks and gear, preferably the licensed entities, but any at this point would be enough to get some of this once active community.

While we are all anxious for a new game I don't think its necessary. Just new content for alive would revamp the games popularity and allow Nordic to spend time on a new game or more content whichever direction the franchise takes.

Again thank you for acquiring this title. If there's anything I can do to help even just survey the community it'd be my pleasure. I hope you have big plans for this series and I would love to help it succeed!
    Last edited by ObiRon; 23-04-2013 at 00:56.

Thanks for keeping mx vs atv going any dlc released would be great. Thanks again

Congrats on picking up the Mx Vs Atv Franchise. I hope you guys have some people on your Dev. team that are Dirtbike Enthusiasts. For the Reflex server, it was your basic lobby server. Reflex has been my go to game for years! There are so many great possibilities for this game. Please choose to listen to your new fanbase, they will lead you to success. When your company starts to research possible ideas for a successor in the Mx lineup, the forums at Vital Mx have a great wealth of knowledge from many dedicated riders. "Build it and they will come".
    Last edited by Powturn; 23-04-2013 at 03:20.

Also the moto depot on alive used to have the Suzuki's , 125 2-stroke, 250 and 450 four stroke dirt bikes and a 450 quad. I check daily to see if they are back and I know other people want them as well.

Thanks again

Hello and Thank you!

Hello Nordic,

Just following on from the thread starter Thatguy, i would also like to say congratulations and thank you for picking up our beloved MX title. We are not a huge community, but we are a loyal and dedicated group of enthusiasts.

A bit of background on what i have seen and known from the game, the demise of servers, motoclub depot for DLC and public rooms.

So as thatguy stated, around a month ago things changed in the MX vs ATV world. the first thing we noticed was the exisiting DLC tracks had been removed from public room track rotation. we were unable to race any of the dlc tracks we have owned and raced for years in public online rooms. however we can still use them in a private lobby we have to manually setup. This is MX Alive only i am addressing at this point.
    The tracks in question are:

A. "Stewart Compound pack" which includes 2 tracks "Stewart South Track" and the "JS7 Pro Loop".
    B. "Quarry DLC pack" which also included 2 tracks "Quarry Basin" and "Edgerock MX".

Further to this we then also noticed that the timer at the end of Public/Private races had changed from 30 seconds to 18seconds? (this caused havoc to our online tournament website but more on the site later).

The Motoclub depot is where we were able to access DLC, ie: tracks, bikes, goggles, riding gear, butt patchs etc etc. this seems to have mixed results at the moment, as late as last week i downloaded some riding gear on my US PS3 account, then was unable to reconnect 5 minutes later!? Australian moto club depot access is definitely not working though both xbox and ps3.
    There is also 2 versions of game disc for PS3, a US version, and a "rest of the world version" that locks out Suzuki and Honda DLC bikes for anyone outside the US? why? we have no idea.

then Reflex servers went down for any online play, this was for public and private lobby's, i believe these are just lobby servers and not ranked matchmaking servers as anyone could join regardless of rank etc. it was however split up into Supercross and Motocross lobby's, and also MX with DLC tracks and SX with DLC tracks lobby's. there was quite a few options, however these servers seemed to be fairly unreliable and always kick you out in public lobby's.

My thoughts on why this all happened is that THQ were cleaning up for the new owners of the franchise rather than content being removed or servers shutdown by the new owners. it is probably easier to have the bare basics running when selling the whole title, not sure, thats just my opinion.

Unfortunatley none of this had been announced as the mxvsatv.com forum and website has been neglected since the shutdown of THQ Rainbow Studios. There were some announcements from the actual Devs/admins in the forum surrounding the demise of the studio, but everyone remained fairly tight lipped about any forthcoming DLC, and where the game title was headed.

in relation to the unreleased DLC, as thatguy said some of the original Dev's spoke a fair while after the demise of Rainbow, there were apparently more National MX tracks DLC and Supercross DLC which was supposed to be released to us, this never happened, and nothing was ever announced.
    There was one little gem in another PC title called MX Simulator, one of the rainbow devs made and released a track on MX Sim called "Mission Valley" which was apparently a remake of the MX vs ATV Alive DLC track that never was! (just an FYI!)

just another FYI, there is a site i mentioned earlier mxonlinetournaments.com which is a tournament website totally dedicated to the title you just acquired across both Xbox360 and PS3. there is over 20,000 racers signed up for tournaments races there! just have a look as it is the main centre for the serious MX community and fastest racers on the planet!

my requests are in line with what thatguy has asked,

1. please keep the Alive servers up and running, would be nice for the Moto Club depot and Reflex servers to also be operational.

2. if you did recieve any further DLC with the purchase of the MX IP can it please be released?

3. can we please have the already existing DLC tracks put back into public track rotation on Alive, and if possible can you perhaps unlock the Supercross tracks already built in the Stewart compund?

4. the only request i have that hasnt been outlined is the need for some glitches to be patched in the game. i can compile a list if you would like so you can go and see them for yourself, that would be greatly appreciated.

Once again thanks and congrats! i will be watching with baited breath!

kind regards
    RX3SUM
    Last edited by RX3SUM; 23-04-2013 at 01:47.

Just like everyone else, I would like to thank you for purchasing the MX vs ATV franchise and really hope you keep the series running.

Just so you know, the motocross community may be small, but everyone in it is very passionate about our sport and most even ride themselves. I know you guys won't need any advice from us but one mistake that THQ made was not listening to the community as much. All of us want pretty much the same things; for example: real tracks, gear, and bikes, and a career mode (as stated above) or a season mode in which we can participate in an entire supercross and motocross series for multiple years.

If you are looking to continue the series I know myself, and everyone else that is going to post here will be more than happy to tell you what we are and aren't looking for. Thanks again!

So pumped to see that there is hope yet for the MX v ATV series. They really had a good base, but let themselves down in several areas with the game. I would love to see realism brought into the game, and a combination of Alive and Reflex with some developing, and a great MX game would exist. The combination of a supercross series, a motocross series, realistic tracks, or even better, replicas of all the famous American tracks on the AMA circuit, and full gates of riders in each race, and the game would be a hit worldwide !! Cant wait to follow all the developments.

Just want to say thank you for grabbing our beloved game. Alive was on the way to becoming an amazing game with the supercross tracks they had planned for DLC and online play, but THQ shit the bed by never releasing them. I look forward to following your progress and bringing back to life what should be a great franchise.

Hey, I'm wondering if the game Baja: Edge of Control came with the MX vs ATV franchise? It was made by the same company and published by THQ just like MX vs ATV. I know it's a game that sold terribly but in reality it is one of the finest racing games ever made, the physics engine for it is unmatched by any other. It sold poorly because, well, it was published by THQ lol, who gave it no advertising at all and of course the servers for it were shut down within months of it's release, which was a shame.

Regardless, it's nice to see MX vs ATV get a good home, I'm sure the series will do much better now without having THQ's shackles around it's neck. Good purchase guys!

Page 1 of 599 1 2 3 11 51 101 501 ... LastLast