Page 282 of 282 FirstFirst ... 182 232 272 280 281 282
Results 4,216 to 4,229 of 4229

Thread: Darksiders

Quote Originally Posted by Upper_Krust View Post
    Not exactly what I said Kradrol. I was pointing out that the developer's can easily come up with ways to incorporate the Abomination weapons into the videogames.

Yes the book said they were designed to work with Revaaim blood, but its possible they could be either adapted or used (at a lesser power) with other blood (such as Nephilim blood).

OR someone could create NEW Abominations.

The Abominations, as described in the book were potentially TOO powerful anyway. So having them operate weaker than before would be much better for game balance.
    what you said was "if that were the case, then the entire Abomination vault book is a complete waste of time." which it is. there is no reason the devs CAN'T used it, but there is also not reason the dev HAVE TO use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kradrol View Post
    you, again, seem to be forcing the mythology. this aren't the biblical horsemen. for that matter, neither is famine. fury is not linked to famine in any way.

Whether they acknowledge it at all in the Darksider's mythos or not, Fury IS linked to Famine.

I'll be amazed if she has no powers at all linked to Famine whatsoever (such as summoning a swarm of insects to devour an enemy or stuff like that).

what you said was "if that were the case, then the entire Abomination vault book is a complete waste of time." which it is. there is no reason the devs CAN'T used it, but there is also not reason the dev HAVE TO use it.

More projection on your part (typical Kradrol).

I never said they HAD to use the Abominations. My point was that sources other than the games (be they the novel, the comics or even the mythology) CAN ALL be drawn upon to create the best Darksiders games possible. Its WASTED potential to say you SHOULDN'T or COULDN'T use those sources for inspiration.

I never said they HAD to use the Abominations. My point was that sources other than the games (be they the novel, the comics or even the mythology) CAN ALL be drawn upon to create the best Darksiders games possible. Its WASTED potential to say you SHOULDN'T or COULDN'T use those sources for inspiration.
    Thank you! that's exactly what I was trying to say you put it into words better my friend why should there be lore of the novels or comics that would go to waste.

Whether they acknowledge it at all in the Darksider's mythos or not, Fury IS linked to Famine.

I'll be amazed if she has no powers at all linked to Famine whatsoever (such as summoning a swarm of insects to devour an enemy or stuff like that).
    One I know right?! Fury is famine's replacement for Darksiders how is it that hard for people to understand.

Two That is a cool idea for swarm attack for Fury and lastly I too would be really surprised by this if it's not there at all.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathWar View Post
    Thank you! that's exactly what I was trying to say you put it into words better my friend why should there be lore of the novels or comics that would go to waste.
    because they don't fit the story of the games? if you can tell a better story WITHOUT shoehorning in stuff from non-related comics, then why would you? sure, you can still have a good story that does use stuff from the comics, but you don't have to use them.

and you and upper krust are saying that they have to, or they wasted the story. or as upper_krust put it "the entire story is a waste of time." which it is.

oh, sorry. you aren't saying they have to include them, you are saying that they shouldn't not include them. i'm glad you cleared that one up. *rolls eyes*

One I know right?! Fury is famine's replacement for Darksiders how is it that hard for people to understand.

Two That is a cool idea for swarm attack for Fury and lastly I too would be really surprised by this if it's not there at all.
    replacement being the key word. Fury is not famine in the same way that ironman is not batman. and trying to turn ironman into batman is just as stupid is trying to turn fury into famine.

they aren't the same character. "how is it hard for people to understand" that the bible was set on fire when they made darksiders. no biblical horsemen lore is present at all. even the seven seals serve a drastically different role in darksiders. if you can find parts of the lore that actually fit, then by all means you them. but if an elephant wasn't somehow tied to famine, then it would have never been brought up; because it doesn't fit otherwise. and in that case, it never should have been brought up, because fury isn't famine.

because they don't fit the story of the games? if you can tell a better story WITHOUT shoehorning in stuff from non-related comics, then why would you? sure, you can still have a good story that does use stuff from the comics, but you don't have to use them.
    It would seem like you can't understand what people are trying to say and projection is your strong suit well nothing can be done about that you don't have to use the story from the comics, novels and other mediums but you don't have to ignore it either and away we go round and round keep arguing please.

and you and upper krust are saying that they have to, or they wasted the story.
    I don't think you know how to read the full statements and people have opinions and since already established lore does exist which doesn't include just games what me and Upper krust were saying is that it would go to waste if it's left untouched and should the developers choose to actually explore the story/events from the novel and comics it could make for some really cool storytelling and you feeling that it not to be the case is fine but forcing your opinion by making it sound like we want it shoehorned in we don't we want it that way or at least I don't . What I want is for it to be incorporated into the games in a way because that in my opinion would make the story all the more better and if the developers want it, it is there for them to explore if they don't I'm fine either way so don't take the opinion to be at extreme levels and don't force your own either it's a forum.

replacement being the key word. Fury is not famine in the same way that ironman is not batman. and trying to turn ironman into batman is just as stupid is trying to turn fury into famine.
    Stupid? charming as ever I see....not...in case you couldn't understand Okay explain how is it stupid to replace Fury with famine and we already know the developers of Darksiders have taken licenses with the Biblical stuff and given their own spin on things and unless we see a Famine Horsemen in Darksiders Fury is the replacement for Famine.

. "how is it hard for people to understand" that the bible was set on fire when they made darksiders. no biblical horsemen lore is present at all. even the seven seals serve a drastically different role in darksiders. if you can find parts of the lore that actually fit, then by all means you them. but if an elephant wasn't somehow tied to famine, then it would have never been brought up; because it doesn't fit otherwise. and in that case, it never should have been brought up, because fury isn't famine.
    Okay soo you are trying to force the Bible on Darksiders game development? I see...
    You have to make it precise otherwise it doesn't fit and wouldn't make sense so don't put your own spin on anything...it's fiction man chill everyone can do whatever they want and in my opinion Fury is Famine unless otherwise we see Famine in Darksiders...

Stupid? charming as ever I see....not...in case you couldn't understand Okay explain how is it stupid to replace Fury with famine and we already know the developers of Darksiders have taken licenses with the Biblical stuff and given their own spin on things and unless we see a Famine Horsemen in Darksiders Fury is the replacement for Famine.

Okay soo you are trying to force the Bible on Darksiders game development? I see...
    You have to make it precise otherwise it doesn't fit and wouldn't make sense so don't put your own spin on anything...it's fiction man chill everyone can do whatever they want and in my opinion Fury is Famine unless otherwise we see Famine in Darksiders...
    again, fury and famine are two different character. NONE of the darksiders are the classical horsemen. even war and death differ drastically from their classical depictions and "roles" so to speak. so if the classical lore fits, then great. use it. but if it doesn't fit, and something else fits better, then use that something else instead. at the end of the day, fury is not famine, strife is not conquest. war is not war. and death is not death.

I thought we had put this issue to bed 5 years ago, but apparently not. no, it's just been transferred from strife to fury now.

It would seem like you can't understand what people are trying to say and projection is your strong suit well nothing can be done about that you don't have to use the story from the comics, novels and other mediums but you don't have to ignore it either and away we go round and round keep arguing please.

I don't think you know how to read the full statements and people have opinions and since already established lore does exist which doesn't include just games what me and Upper krust were saying is that it would go to waste if it's left untouched and should the developers choose to actually explore the story/events from the novel and comics it could make for some really cool storytelling and you feeling that it not to be the case is fine but forcing your opinion by making it sound like we want it shoehorned in we don't we want it that way or at least I don't . What I want is for it to be incorporated into the games in a way because that in my opinion would make the story all the more better and if the developers want it, it is there for them to explore if they don't I'm fine either way so don't take the opinion to be at extreme levels and don't force your own either it's a forum.
    you don't seem to listening to the whole conversation. I quoted your post where you said "why would they leave out lore from the comics?" and I gave an answer. if you already have an over-arching narrative for each game, and the comics don't fit into that narrative, then don't use them. that's the answer. if you can tell a better story without them, then don't use them. there is another answer.

that being said, if you can tell a great story, and include aspect from the comic, then great. use them. they aren't off-limits, but much like the biblical/classical horsemen lore they don't NEED to be in the game; and should only be included if they somehow enhance the story. otherwise, they are just in game for the sake of being in the game, and have no real purpose.

you don't seem to listening to the whole conversation. I quoted your post where you said "why would they leave out lore from the comics?" and I gave an answer. if you already have an over-arching narrative for each game, and the comics don't fit into that narrative, then don't use them. that's the answer. if you can tell a better story without them, then don't use them. there is another answer.
    I think the case of not listening as you put it is with you because NEED is not something I have emphasized in my posts it's what I thought and still think could make the experience better and hence why I said it'd be really cool if the games could include the story from the novel that is all I don't know why you seem to think I'm saying THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN like a gun pointed to people's head. Second of all overarching narrative? Tell me Was corruption part of the overarching narrative the main plot was the conspiracy against War and then War's quest to find out the truth while Death was to erase the crime War was accused off that is it. Death then stumbled upon the Forgelands after the tussle with the Crowfather and fighting Corruption became one of the main plot points of his journey and guess what we learned about corruption from the comics first! it was a teaser of things to come so the comics themselves are not irrelevant as you put them and by this logic if we see abominations from the abomination vault in Darksiders 3 or other future games I'll be really happy cause it will draw upon the story of things that have happened in Darksiders Universe and even if they don't I'll be just happy with a game that has captured my heart with it's narrative, dialogue, characters, art style and music and the fun combat and puzzles.

that being said, if you can tell a great story, and include aspect from the comic, then great. use them. they aren't off-limits, but much like the biblical/classical horsemen lore they don't NEED to be in the game; and should only be included if they somehow enhance the story. otherwise, they are just in game for the sake of being in the game, and have no real purpose.
    This is fiction.... they can change whatever they want it doesn't have to fit with everything biblical.... everything they change has worked... and served a purpose so if it's something that doesn't fit with you that's your thing I'm happy with how the games have turned out. And glad you agree that they can use it that way...

again, fury and famine are two different character. NONE of the darksiders are the classical horsemen. even war and death differ drastically from their classical depictions and "roles" so to speak. so if the classical lore fits, then great. use it. but if it doesn't fit, and something else fits better, then use that something else instead. at the end of the day, fury is not famine, strife is not conquest. war is not war. and death is not death.
    As I said before the developers have taken a lot of liberties with the biblical stuff.... so what if they don't fit their "classic" interpretation and roles they haven't as you yourself have said and the games turned out great so if they changed the name of Famine to Fury what's the issue I don't get it.... it just means that the name Famine for the Horsemen has changed to Fury that is all so by that I am inferring that Fury is the replacement for Famine simple this is Darksiders they don't have to shoehorn anything from the classical aspect.

I thought we had put this issue to bed 5 years ago, but apparently not. no, it's just been transferred from strife to fury now.
    Just as Famine has been replaced as one of the Four with Fury in Darksiders Universe Conquest/Pestilence has been replaced with Strife it is the universe the developers have build in their fictional medium of the video game so unless we see Famine and Conquest/Pestilence as horsemen I'm of the idea that Fury is Famine's replacement and Strife is Conquest/Pestilence's replacement you don't agree? Fine but don't put it like what I'm saying needs to happen. It's how I'm seeing things in Darksiders and just expressing it.

Page 282 of 282 FirstFirst ... 182 232 272 280 281 282