Stuck in Jungle, after coming back for sidequest. Cheats help, any?

Hey!

I'm trapped in the Jungle, I think.
    I did everything but one thing there earlier, namely "Seeds for Jabo" (sp?). So after doing everything else in the jungle, going through the cave(s) where that one corridor has fireballs shooting at you from a distance, then there are a lot of those crawlers, and finally you get to an opening to some round-ish place with lots of ice. From there I got back to "older" regions of the game, remembered I didn't find that Jabo dude, went past the castle again and Melog's hut etc etc, past the Monastery, to get back to the Jungle. Did the Jabo quest, ran back through the nasty crawler cave - but the opening to the round icy place has a gate blocking the way now.
    I also can't back the way to the monastery, since I'd have to jump up higher than the character is tall... you remember, where the one guy stands, who first told you about Jabo... had to jump down there, coming from the monastery.

Well, seeme like there is no way out, or is there?

If not, are there cheats to help me out here? I don't use cheats for normal playing, but this situation calls for unusual measures.

I have found the trick to enable the in-game cheat menu, but it does not seem to have anything that's useful here, no "go through walls" or "fly mode", which would solve the problem...

To me, this is a bug, serisously. "Open world", freedom to go back everywhere and stuff, where's that gone...
    Well, I do have the latest patch installed.

Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance.

Raconz O.D.
    Hi,

Yes, you can't go back to the monastery, and the city up the mountains is not available in ArcaniA. It will be unlocked in the expansion - Fall of Setarrif.

The only path you can take is through the jungle, where you will find a bridge guarded by a giant troll. You can't miss it.

Regards,

Kazko

hhhrm, I remember killing a giant troll, is thre more than one in the game? I don't remember where...
    If I look for a screenshot of the jungle map & post it here, could you mark the area for me, in case you remember precisely enough where it was?

Raconz O.D.
    The map below has the exact location of the cave - the one near the refugee camp (temple ruins)

Click for Argaan Map

Regards,

Kazko

Thanks for that map!
    Hrm, there are two locations called temple ruins on this map.

The lower one is called jungle ruins in my game installation.
    Since you say near refugee camp, I assume it's the cave where one meets Hagen's Spy.

Of what help is that? Have I overlooked an extra path in that cave?
    Because, I recently was there again only to get to the gate I mentione earlier, blocking the way out of this whole trap.

Other than the entrance on the bridge, the cave has 2 exits displayed on my map, one on a right turn, where you only can fall down and die, and the other one, leading,eventually, to the closed gate.

Raconz O.D.
    Here is a walkthrough with the part of the game that you indicated. There should be a chest around that area which contains a key. Use it to open the gate.

The part that you need is down that page.

Regards,

Kazko

Well I think there are no chests in that cave that I haven't opened, I was in every corner of it,
    and if I'm seeing this right in the walkthrough, the gate which the key is for is already open in my savegame.

I already passed through those caves. Completely. As told in the first post.
    I already completed most of the stuff if not all of two pages further than your link shows, i.e. I killed a lot of zombie soldieres for the villagers and met Gorn again.

I went back to the jungle area much later, because I wanted to complete "Seeds for Jabo", which I did not do on my first run through the Jungle & the caves.

See the images: That's the gate. And note that I passed through that place once already, and the gate was there after coming through the caves the second time. It doesn't appear to have a lock, it does *not* say "cannot use now" or anything.

It looks like a game designer F***up, which is why I asked for a cheat, because there probably is no other solution to it.

Name:  SAM_0456.jpg
Views: 815
Size:  70.2 KB
    Name:  SAM_0457.jpg
Views: 787
Size:  61.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by unshaven View Post
    [...]and finally you get to an opening to some round-ish place with lots of ice. From there I got back to "older" regions of the game[...]
    Did the Jabo quest, ran back through the nasty crawler cave - but the opening to the round icy place has a gate blocking the way now.
    Hmm, the gate was NOT blocking your way back to "older" regions? Weird.
    (It closes as soon as the dialogue with Ixidia ends.)

I have found the trick to enable the in-game cheat menu, but it does not seem to have anything that's useful here, no "go through walls" or "fly mode", which would solve the problem...
    You could use "hero teleport".
    Copy to input.xml:
    Code:
    	<Input command="hero teleport" >
    		<Key code="60" />
    		<Activation type="first active" />
    	</Input>
    After hitting "F2" you can navigate the hero through the gate. Then press "ESC" to continue your game.
    Have fun.
    Last edited by shak-otay; 13-04-2013 at 01:40.

Quote Originally Posted by shak-otay View Post
    Hmm, the gate was NOT blocking your way back to "older" regions? Weird.
    (It closes as soon as the dialogue with Ixidia ends.)
    I came back by the monastery! Yes, really long way, just for the damn Jabo quest (ok, and some nice items I hadn't yet collected ;-) ), which makes it especially infuriating *g*
    I didn't notice the gate closing because after passing it the first time I guess I have been very busy very soon, taking care of the creatures waiting for me ;-)

You could use "hero teleport".
    Copy to input.xml:
    Code:
    	<Input command="hero teleport" >
    		<Key code="60" />
    		<Activation type="first active" />
    	</Input>
    After hitting "F2" you can navigate the hero through the gate. Then press "ESC" to continue your game.
    Have fun.
    Didn't find that before, that would be awesome!
    I'll try out your trick, thanks

just wanted to say, this helped perfectly, was a bit weird to move the player in this mode, but I managed to navigate him to a useful spot, thanks for saving me hours of repeating already done stuff! :-D
    I had already started to fiddle around with finding differences between savegames (to hack them) as I saw your post, good you were quicker or I might have wasted more time, the save files are not of uniform size, moving targets are notoriously hard to hit :-D
    Last edited by unshaven; 15-04-2013 at 21:57.