Is there going to be a way to alter weapon size? The Soul Catcher takes up 25% of the screen.
Also, the jump height is fine in my opinion. You can jump higher than in the original now.
Last edited by X3N0PH0N; 20-10-2012 at 03:49.
Two things I would change for the final release.
1. Set the default fov to 110 degrees horizontal
2. Make the framerate uncapped by default (PKHDEngine.ini, bSmoothFrameRate=FALSE)
Wojciech Pazdur|Project Lead @ The Farm 51
The original game was 95 degrees horizontal, that was in 2004 when 4:3 was the standard aspect ratio for computer monitors.
The standard aspect ratio today is 16:9 so if you wanted to match the original game you would bump the fov up to 111.
"Different monitors" shouldn't be an issue, if anything, a wider fov should look more natural on a wider screen so narrowing the field of view is going the wrong way.
Anyway, you did ask for feedback. I'm happy with whatever you choose so long as I am able to change it
Really enjoying the game by the way, can't wait for Wednesday
Well, I guess it’s a little late now, but I hope you will still consider what I will say (If you continue updating the game after its release).
First, let’s talk about the trainstation level:
1. To begin with, I hope you made the Painkiller beam better, because it was… kind of awkward…
2. About those soldiers with an armor and uzis, I don’t know if it is only me, but I felt like they were shooting like Stormtroopers. Really! I was standing in front of them and I wasn’t getting hit! Also, it’s only a small detail but, I kind of prefered when they had only one uzi instead of two. I just don’t like the fact that they have two uzis but don’t use them. And there are soldiers with two uzis in the next level anyway. But it's only one small issue, so I don’t think you will consider it.
3. Is it me, or are the Uzi soldiers and the Flamethrower guys smaller than they were in the original game?
4. When I explode monsters with my guns, it would be really fun to hear the “splash”. This sound was so fun in the original game when I exploded the hordes of soldiers coming on me.
Now, about the cemetery level:
1. The Shield Knights don’t hit you with their shield anymore, why?
2. I really think the columns in the church should fall when the Big Guy walks at them. Also, I feel like his walk is... kind of robotic, but I think it is too late for that.
And general stuff:
1. I was thinking about this for a while, about the Soulcatcher: What if collecting souls with that weapon doesn’t count as souls turning you into demon mode? Collecting souls by walking on them doesn’t load the Soulcatcher, so collecting souls with the Soulcatcher shouldn’t help you turn into demon. At least, that’s my opinion. That would make sense to me. You would have the souls that go into your body and the souls that go into your gun. Also, it is too easy to collect souls with the Soulcatcher and transforming into a demon should be a bit less easy.
2. It would be cool if blood on the wall would move, like in the original Painkiller
3. I had another issue about the blood: When we shoot enemies, blood kind of... "floats" in the air for a while. It's not really realistic. I don't know if you see what I mean, but I don't think you will have time to correct that and it's not that big of a deal.
4. Whenever we are hit, there is no sound to alert us. Daniel should make a noise when he is hurt.
5. I would like Daniel to make the “Hop!” sounds when he jumps.
I'm sorry to tell you all this only some days before the release, but I hope you could still consider it.
Again, congratulation for all you done, I can't wait to see the final result!
Painkiller forever! Best horror action!