Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

[Tool] Arcania Inventory Editor

CHANGE LOG
    v1.25 -> Added Russian Language

INFORMATION

This is a tool to alter SAV files for Arcania. It can be used to add items to the inventory, change the quantity of items in your inventory and change the gold amount of the main character. It items supports the Multi5 Languages but the menu's remain in English...

The tool has been made by myself, Nagelfar, and ChessDragon136.

This tool is still concidered being in BETA phase, and can therefore contain bugs, although we have quite thoroughly tested it. The Editor does create a Log file, so any bug issues please upload the log file and the SAV game you were altering. The log file can be found in the same folder as the editor.

As it is still a BETA, we recommend making a manual backup of your save games... Simply navigate to your save game directory, create a folder called "MyBackup" (Or anything bar backup) and copy paste your save games into that directory! Although the game does make a backup of the save game file itself, a second backup can't hurt, and only takes 1 minute.

USAGE

First of all the tool was made in Java, so Java needs to be installed -> Linky

Secondly, the tool has been tested with the LATEST patch, and ONLY works with save games that have been saved with the latest patch applied... If you don't have the latest patch installed, install it, load the game and open a save game, and then simply save it again (override the existing one) (There were some changes made as to the saving of games between the patches, and I am not prepared to support both... too much work I'm afraid)...

This is a relatively simple tool which needs no explaining... On loading a SAV file, the items you have are loaded into a table.. To alter them simply change the quantity number in the table... Setting an item to 0 will remove it from your inventory. The buttons are also self explanatory.
    You MUST click save changes to file to save the file.

For safety the editor will always create a backup which will be saved in a backup folder, which will be in the main folder together with the SAV files. If there already is a backup of a specific SAV file a new one won't be created. Therefore you will always have a backup of the original save unless you mess around with the backup file. To use the backup just place it in the main folder and remove ".backup" from it's name.

KNOWN ISSUES WITH ADDING

There are some items that at this stage can't be added to the SAV file without causing the game to crash, for example all kinds of healing potions. Though, it is possible to change the quantity of those items if you've already have them in the inventory, or to re-add them if you have had them before in your inventory, but used them up. A list of non working items can be found in the post below..

Obviously we haven't tested every item and therefore we don't know which items will work and which who won't. You will have to test on your own risk. That's why we have the backup files incase anything goes wrong, so you won't lose the original save.

When adding items, it would be appreciated for now that you only add 1 item at a time. This way, if the save game crashes, we know exactly which item didn't work and advise others not to add it.

OTHER KNOWN ISSUES

If you encounter an item that causes the game to crash when loading the save game or experience any other problems or bugs please report it here and attach the Log.txt file which can be found in the same folder as the editor.

COMMENTS

We will perhaps add new functions to this editor in the future and/or make other changes to it.

Any suggestions or questions you might have are more than welcome.

SOURCE

Sorry its a mess!!!

Anyone who is good at debugging feel free to debug the crashing game issue... find a working save game, add Mighty Healing potion and that should crash it, so enjoy

Feel free to make any changes BUT please PM ME the changes, do not build and release your version... This is due to me wanting to check it over.. sorry...

So to repeat - you do not have the rights to re-release this code

Enjoy!
    Last edited by ChessDragon136; 19-02-2011 at 19:21.

Gothic Support Guy
    ITEMS THAT YOU CAN'T ADD

PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO ADD QUEST ITEMS

Quivers
    Healing Potions of any variety
    Dantero's Arbaleste - Probably as its quest related?? Confirm required

Demon's cap,
    Dragon Orchid,
    Antique Sword,
    Antique Crossbow,
    Varantinian Grand Sabre
    Stewark's Honour
    Ancient Bow
    Arcane Ring

Ancient Writings? - Possibly works
    Sword Lobelia? - Possibly works

FOR THOSE WITH PROBLEMS

If you can't seem to load your save games, can you please download this save game and try load it... This is one of the ones I've been using to develop the tool and works fine with my setup...

http://rapidshare.com/files/440390360/0000.sav
    Last edited by ChessDragon136; 08-01-2011 at 19:54.

..::Gothic 4::.. ArcaniaGothic4's Avatar
    How do i start the editor ?
    ...:::ArcaniA - Gothic 4:::...

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaniaGothic4 View Post
    How do i start the editor ?
    Double click the Executable Jar File.

The .Jar file it opens to me with WinRar.

Do you have a folder called C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\?

Gothic Support Guy
    As a guess i doubt you have Java Installed -> Linky

Yeah i don't have the java installed. I will install it now.

LE: Ok it's working. You know to make the inventory editor without java?
    Last edited by ArcaniaGothic4; 02-01-2011 at 01:08.

Gothic Support Guy
    Feel free to make one

Nagelfar is a Java programmer so we stuck with that...

Wonderful!
    Now i can add up to 10 sil setarriffian silk to make the otherwise impossible setarrifian war robe!
    (the one in your signature if i don't mistake?)

mwahahaha ^^

thank you, i promise i won't abuse of this

@ChessDragon136: Sorry i asked to much, perhaps. Thanks for the hard work !

Sorry but...
    why does it tell me "This file isn't of type a SAV" ?
    it is! ...

Quote Originally Posted by Minalaeth View Post
    Now i can add up to 10 sil setarriffian silk to make the otherwise impossible setarrifian war robe!
    Actually you could just add the war robe directly instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Minalaeth View Post
    (the one in your signature if i don't mistake?)
    It was actually from you I got the idea to make the sig with the Setarrifian War Robe.

Gothic Support Guy
    Hey

The Editor was tested with the latest patch on the Multi5 Language version of the game? The verification part of the program is therefore based on that... Do you perhaps have the polish / Russian version? If so the SAV may be different!

Can you please upload the SAV game file you are using please to somewhere like rapidshare... Then I can test more

Sorry for the inconvenience!

ArcaniaGothic4: No problem Just Java was the easiest language for us to both work in.. Don't be shy to ask questions though, its the way we learn...

Quote Originally Posted by Nagelfar View Post
    Actually you could just add the war robe directly instead.
    so true, originally I wanted to use my diamonds, rubys and emerald (or whatever it required)
    But I guess i'll push my laziness to the extreme and do that instead

Quote Originally Posted by Nagelfar View Post
    It was actually from you I got the idea to make the sig with the Setarrifian War Robe.
    ^^
    AHAH!

PS: Anyway, still can't do that as I get the "The selected file is not of type SAV" I tried just changing sav to SAV after the "xxx.sav"
    I'll try some things, (i bought my game in swiss, play in english, i thought i had the update, i'll check again now)
    Last edited by Minalaeth; 02-01-2011 at 02:27.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast