[REL] Dressup Mod (Originally by uly)

This mod is based on uly's mod for the main game. I have used the codes provided by uly and applied it for Renaissance. This mod allows you to change the appearance of your dynasty sims whenever you want.

This mod affects the following files:

**\DB\Measures.dbt
    **\DB\MeasureToObjects.dbt

Installation Instructions:

1. Download the zip file.
    2. Extract the files in the 'Mod' folder inside the zip file into your installation folder for Renaissance and overwrite the existing files.
    3. The original files are located in the 'Backup' folder in case something goes wrong.

And you're done!

For those who wish to edit their files manually, the details are as shown below:

For **\DB\Measures.dbt:

Add in the following line at the bottom of the file:

Code:
    15932        "dressup.lua"                   "-"                             "Dressup"                       10                       "hud/buttons/btn_006_haveVision.tga" 0             0             0                ""                              ""                              0                  0                     0                  |
    For **\DB\MeasureToObjects.dbt:

Add in the following lines at the bottom of the file:

Code:
    3184         15932               0                       0                      9                      1                ""                              ()         ""                              0                           0                              |
    3185         15932               0                       0                      9                      6                ""                              ()         ""                              0                           0                              |
    Then, you can use the dressup.lua provided in the attachment and put it into the folder **\Scripts\Measures\

Or, if you prefer to create it yourself, the code is provided below:

Code:
    function Run()
    	ChangeAppearance("")
    end
    Edit: This mod is now compatible with v4.15.
    Last edited by Impulse; 27-08-2010 at 05:02.

what..?

i've never heard of this.

Basically, this mod allows you to change the face type, hair type, hair colour, headdress, body size & clothing colour of your dynasty sims anytime in the game.

Great job! This is going on the mod list ASAP!
    Let's mod Renaissance!

Quote Originally Posted by Impulse View Post
    Basically, this mod allows you to change the face type, hair type, hair colour, headdress, body size & clothing colour of your dynasty sims anytime in the game.
    wtf no way? this should be in the actual game if it works correctly.

cool! Allways hated it when i marry a wife and after it, she popped out like a ugly butterfly XD

Where does the option appear?

Edit says: Can you also write what you changed? Because the measures-file is already editet by a fanmod...

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord11030 View Post
    wtf no way? this should be in the actual game if it works correctly.
    It works properly but it's not possible to integrate it in the game so that it doesn't look like a workaround, therefore it's not included in the game.
    Also I don't know about multiplayer, but I don't expect any problems there.

Updated the details for this mod.

To use this mod, simply select the dynasty sim for whom you wish to change the appearance & click on the 'eyeball' icon near the bottom of your screen. A panel with all the different options will then pop out.

Cheers to uly for making the original mod!
    Last edited by Impulse; 11-08-2010 at 16:42.

Updated this mod such that it is now compatible with patch 4.15.

What made it NOT compatible? I loaded this and it seems fine. Although the icons in a lot of buildings have ? marks and I can't use the steel money box in the mansion.

I'm not sure if there have been any changes made to the 2 dbt files as a result of the new patch, though there is a very high chance of it. So, I have re-edited the modded files provided in the zip using the new dbt files after the patch. However, if you have been modifying the files manually, there should not have been any problems. With regards to the issues that you are facing, I do not think it was caused by the mod.

Yeah, I uninstalled and reinstalled everything fresh. That fixed the icon issue. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Impulse View Post
    This mod is based on uly's mod for the main game. I have used the codes provided by uly and applied it for Renaissance. This mod allows you to change the appearance of your dynasty sims whenever you want.

This mod affects the following files:

**\DB\Measures.dbt
    **\DB\MeasureToObjects.dbt

Installation Instructions:

1. Download the zip file.
    2. Extract the files in the 'Mod' folder inside the zip file into your installation folder for Renaissance and overwrite the existing files.
    3. The original files are located in the 'Backup' folder in case something goes wrong.

And you're done!

For those who wish to edit their files manually, the details are as shown below:

For **\DB\Measures.dbt:

Add in the following line at the bottom of the file:

Code:
    15932        "dressup.lua"                   "-"                             "Dressup"                       10                       "hud/buttons/btn_006_haveVision.tga" 0             0             0                ""                              ""                              0                  0                     0                  |
    For **\DB\MeasureToObjects.dbt:

Add in the following lines at the bottom of the file:

Code:
    3184         15932               0                       0                      9                      1                ""                              ()         ""                              0                           0                              |
    3185         15932               0                       0                      9                      6                ""                              ()         ""                              0                           0                              |
    Then, you can use the dressup.lua provided in the attachment and put it into the folder **\Scripts\Measures\

Or, if you prefer to create it yourself, the code is provided below:

Code:
    function Run()
    	ChangeAppearance("")
    end
    Edit: This mod is now compatible with v4.15.
    The button didn't show the "Dressup" name and the tooltip didn't show up either. I had to do the following:

In the The Guild 2 - Renaissance/DB/Text file, I added the lines;

xxxxx "_MEASURE_DRESSUP_NAME_+0" "DRESSUP" |
    xxxxx "_MEASURE_DRESSUP_TOOLTIP_+0" "With this, you can change your appearance." |

Where is the Attachment?

I can't find it, I've looked everywhere. I tried to manually do it, but failed.

thanks

thanks it works fine.