Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Cheese toast 'must' exist. As well as those things called potatoes.

Additionally, no Shoesmiths can be allowed, this must must become policy.

I formally demand that the very nutrient-savvy town clerk be in the next game, warning us about the dangers of cheese toast.

Also, the Shoesmith dynasty MUST make an appearance.

"Don't eat too much cheese toast, it's fattening!"

I think that they should keep the recurring joke with that cheese toast stuff from TG2, that guy in the city hall was an iconic and nostalgic part of that game. I'll always remember those comments about the cheese toast.

Infact, alot of the derpiness of the voice files of that game really made the game. The cheesy romancing, the carts, the over-enthusiastic character voices, and just every bit of the voice-acting... phenomenal laughs for days on end. "My feet hurt, the wagon is rolling." Even though when you upgraded them to horsecarts they were never actually walking anymore. It wouldn't feel like a guild game if it didn't continue that tongue-in-cheek humor I say.

I remember this one shadow dynasty called the "Shoesmiths." and every dang time they'd put up roadblocks for anything myself and a few other friends I played with which made it quite fun. Keeping constant dynasty names would be swell to see.

The consistancy of the game style and nostalgia I think is a big part toward TG3, that and the ability to play multiplayer without D-sync is probably the biggest thing on the list.

(http://theguild2.wikia.com/wiki/Cheese_Toast )
    Last edited by NeoInsanity; 23-11-2016 at 01:31. Reason: Forgot a link

Producer & "The Guild" Veteran
    As a matter of course we will have cheese toast in The Guild 3, like in Guild 1, Guild 2 and all addons. It is an essential part of the series from beginning on - and there is no other explanation for our well-formed bodies

We will keep the guild humor in the game. But - again - The Guild 3 is not a one-to-one copy of The Guild 2 . You will find simularities to both former Guild games.

But I sadly have no good news regarding the "out-of-sync" bug in multiplayer... we were not able to deliver this feature to The Guild 3. So your multiplayer games will be much more stable, sorry...

Will the AI be able to beat Human players in The Guild 3?

One thing I am hopeful to see in The Guild 3 is an AI that can actually beat Human players. In playing the Guild 2, one matter that caused the enjoyment of playing the game to go down over time was the realization that the AI cannot beat you. Once you have grasped the basics of the game, you are able to proceed forward with a strategy with no worry that the AI will be able to beat you. The AI may hinder you constantly throughout the game, but the AI can never win. If you are playing to eliminate your competitors, the AI will never murder any of your dynasty characters even if you have just slaughtered half of theirs. If you are playing to achieve wealth, there is no race to see who can reach the goal first. If you are playing to obtain a political position, the AI cannot win by doing the same. In short, once you learn how to play the game the challenge factor is all but gone making the game boring and repetitive.

I am hopeful in the Guild 3 that the AI will actually be able to beat human players, and that on harder levels of difficulty this proves to be a challenge. I am also hopeful that certain goals are not instantaneous wins, but rather require more time. For example, I hope there is a goal such as "Obtain and hold the office of Sovereign for 'X' number of rounds/years". I am excited to see the final product of the Guild 3 and have high hopes that it will eclipse its predecessors in gameplay. Thank you for all of your work on this.

Hi all,

I just watched the gamescom gameplay video and I must say that everything looks very promising. I like the direction you are taking the game in. Most of my feature wishes are already mentioned in this thread so I only have a couple of questions.
    1: Are you making this game to run on Linux?
    2: What must be done that one could join the betatest?
    3: Will there be more interaction options between the characters other than "compliment, embrace, kiss and beguile"? Will it be possible to interact with a character of the same gender (for example small talk)?
    4: My one wish that wasn't mentioned here is the need to sleep and eat. Sometimes it feels weird that the AI has to go to sleep while you can work all night. My vision how this could work is that you need to keep some food in your house (or even a butler/housekeeper) and when you go to sleep the animation shows your character eating supper and then going to sleep. Not doing this will cause your character to be more prone to illnesses and his/hers labor input will decline due to the tiredness. All this could take some 6-8 hours per day and while the character is sleeping you could arrange the next days work schedule. Or something like that

Other than that I wish you patience to finish the game in a polished condition.

Happy new year!

P.S. Thank you for developing this game! It really has an immense potential of being one of the greatest historical economy simulations
    Last edited by rainland; 30-12-2016 at 16:06.

I understand it's late in the development phase, and well... basically I have been lurking for over a year at this point without really paying much mind to the game, though I am a big fan of the Guild 2.

Anyway.... I was wondering if there were any plans to make managing trading between various trade nodes less of a pain in the ass. Barring auto trading using buy and sell orders with haulers having some sort of intelligence or relying on a decision tree I don't know? This was one of the facets to "getting ahead" as a Patron that irritated me, drawing time away from my character to manage trade wagons.

It's just a thought I was wondering if it had been brought up.
    Looking forward to the new guild either way.

Suggestions on how to optimize production

Quote Originally Posted by radzvi View Post
    I understand it's late in the development phase, and well... basically I have been lurking for over a year at this point without really paying much mind to the game, though I am a big fan of the Guild 2.

Anyway.... I was wondering if there were any plans to make managing trading between various trade nodes less of a pain in the ass. Barring auto trading using buy and sell orders with haulers having some sort of intelligence or relying on a decision tree I don't know? This was one of the facets to "getting ahead" as a Patron that irritated me, drawing time away from my character to manage trade wagons.

It's just a thought I was wondering if it had been brought up.
    Looking forward to the new guild either way.
    1. I agree that this was one of the biggest problems with the Guild 2, and until recently there was no solution to this issue. I have been a fan of the Mega modpack for the Guild 2 Renaissance developed by a user known as Fajeth. It has brought many improvements and new features to the game. They recently released a version that included a new method for trade routes, developed by a user know as ThreeOfMe, that allow you to set waypoints for your cart (including your workshops that produce raw materials), determine if the cart should stay to finish loading or unloading to its requested amount, and most importantly, a way to resupply buildings up to a specified amount of resources. If something like this is implemented in the Guild 3, it would solve one major problem in optimizing production.

2. The second suggestion is to allow a player to limit/reserve a specified number of storage slots for items. For example, say you had a foundry which is a level 1 craftsman workshop. Say you have 5 storage slots available. You can produce daggers and tools. You need iron, oak wood, and pine wood to produce both tools and daggers. If you could limit/reserve storage slots, you could reserve/limit 1 storage slot for iron, oak wood, pine wood, daggers, and tools. This would prevent you from overfilling any of your slots to make sure you can continually maintain the needed raw materials as well as have space for the final products, thus preventing overstocking at your workshops.

3. The third suggestion I would make to optimize production would be to prioritize what a specific worker does for production. In the Guild 2, you manually tell a worker to do one task and they will keep attempting to do that task even if the raw materials are not available to produce an item, or there is no room to put the item in. My suggestion would be to allow a worker to do up to 3 tasks, in which the worker will always work on task 1 until either there are no materials available to make the item, or no room available to place the item. If either of these two conditions are met then the worker will work on task 2 for the next 6 hours or until one of the two conditions are met that prevent production. If the worker cannot do task 2, then they will work on task 3 for the next 6 hours or until one of the two conditions are met that prevent production. If the worker cannot do task 3, then they will work on task 1 until one of the two conditions are met that prevent production.
    For example, say you had a worker in a Protestant Church. You assign his task 1 to make Hosts, his task 2 to harvest Holy Water, and his task 3 to make Poems. On round 1 the worker spends the entire day making Hosts until the end of the work day. On round 2 the worker starts by making Hosts, but runs out of Holy Water to make them, the worker then prepares to spend the next 6 hours harvesting Holy Water. However, 4 hours into harvesting Holy Water, there is no longer any room available at the church to harvest Holy Water, so the worker then starts to make Poems. The worker spends the next 6 hours producing pomes and then goes to work on making Hosts again since 6 hours have passed while making poems. The worker will continue to work on making Hosts until there is either no room to make new hosts or no raw materials to do so.

I believe these 3 methods would greatly improve production and prevent the constant micromanaging of carts, as well as prevent the all to frequent message of "Production Interrupted" from occurring all the time.
    Last edited by bdkenney29; 04-05-2017 at 20:24.

While I agree that additional options for trade routes would be quite welcome, I am a little surprised at how people are saying that the trading routes in TG2 weren't functional. It definitely took tweaking, but I was able to use the different timing options (send every 8 hours, 4 hours, or constantly) to keep a building supplied with one cart and remove excess supplies with another cart without shorting my workers (still leaving 2 carts per workshop to play with).

I always considered keeping the fluidity of business just one of the challenges of TG2 and I think we would need some more things to do with our characters if we our businesses started to run too smoothly without our input.

On my wishlist, as mentioned in the first post of this thread, I would definitely love to see a world editor if at all possible.

There are many other suggestions in this thread that I would at least agree that the devs should consider but I don't need to list them again. One thing I haven't seen that would just be fantastic for me personally (but maybe not worth dev time, depending how many people feel like I do) would be the expansion of naval capabilities. I think it would be great if my character could actually get on one of his ships, whether it's to go commandeering, or go fishing, or run a quick trip to a counting house. I felt a little robbed when I made my first ship and I saw that my crew was nothing but a slider. Naval combat could be much more interesting as well and while I'm day dreaming I think varying weather conditions that affected waves and sailing speed would be amazing. I'm a sucker for a dramatic sailing scene in a storm.

Edit: words
    Last edited by Lamontte Dyn; 06-05-2017 at 20:42. Reason: words

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6