[REL] Hire An Assassin

Mod Features:

- Hire an assassin to kill opposing dynasty characters
    - Assassin is always successful
    - You keep your hands clean (no evidence against you as a result of the murder. Infact the game doesn't even recognize it as a murder)

Game Balancing Restrictions:

- You cannot select a target unless you have evidence against them (this mod is intended to be a tool to help the non-rogue class)
    - You can only hire an assassin at a tavern between 0:00 and 02:00 in the morning (Otherwise you will get a message telling you this)
    - Price increases based on level of title and level of office. The more important the character the more costly to assassinate

Note: Even though it is technically possible to assassinate the King this mod was made to be a game feature not a cheat so you will notice the price tag will reflect that.

Permanent Bug: When the town upgrades sometimes the NPC's who hold office change...In my test I targeted the Mayor, however the city upgraded while the assassination was taking place and the Mayor changed so the office was still occupied even after the assassination.
    Performing an assassination when the city is not upgrading goes smoothly...the officeholder dies and the office position is empty.

Install Instructions:

Copy and Paste the following line in C:\Program Files\The Guild 2 Sovereign Edition\DB\Measures.dbt
    Code:
    23097        "McCoy!_Mods\Assassin.lua" "-" "Assassin" 99 "hud/buttons/btn_poisonwell.tga" 0 0 0 "" "" 7 0 0 "none" 0 0 |
    Copy and Paste the following line in C:\Program Files\The Guild 2 Sovereign Edition\DB\MeasuresToObjects.dbt
    Code:
    2495 23097 0 139 121 6 "hud/cursors/Cursor_Attack.tga" (6 1) "MEASUREINIT_SELECTION" 0 0 |
    Copy and Paste the following lines in C:\Program Files\The Guild 2 Sovereign Edition\DB\Text.dbt
    Code:
    99063        "_MEASURE_Assassin_NAME_+0"   "Hire an Assassin"   |
    99064        "_MEASURE_Assassin_TOOLTIP_+0"   "Hire an assassin to remove a shady rival"   |
    99065        "_MEASURE_Assassin_TARGET_+0"   "Assassinate"   |
    99066        "_INTRIGUE_ASSASSIN_FAILURES_+0"   "I would not wake him if I was you. Assassins only work at night so comeback in the early hours of the morining. "   |
    99067        "_INTRIGUE_ASSASSIN_FAILURES_+1"   "You cannot afford to assassinate this particular target. Try someone less distinguished"   |
    99068        "_Assassin_BUTTONS_+1"   "Assassination Fee: %2t"   |
    99069        "_Assassin_BUTTONS_+2"   "Assassination Fee: %3t"   |
    99070        "_Assassin_BUTTONS_+3"   "Assassination Fee: %4t"   |
    99071        "_INTRIGUE_ASSASSIN_SCREENPLAY_ACTOR_HEAD_+0"   "Assassinate"   |
    99072         "_INTRIGUE_ASSASSIN_SCREENPLAY_ACTOR_BODY_+0"   "It will cost a small fortune. How badly do you want %1SN dead?"   |
    99073         "_GENERAL_MEASURES_Assassin_HEAD_+0"   "Assassination Successful"   |
    99074         "_GENERAL_MEASURES_Assassin_BODY_+0"   "Nobody saw a thing...%1SN doesn't even know he is dying yet. It will look natural when he does not wake in the morning"   |
    99075         "_GENERAL_MEASURES_Assassin_HEAD_+1"   "Assassination Successful"   |
    99076         "_GENERAL_MEASURES_Assassin_BODY_+1"   "Nobody saw a thing...%1SN doesn't even know she is dying yet. It will look natural when she does not wake in the morning"   |
    99077         "_GENERAL_MEASURES_Assassin_HEAD_+2"   "What The?...."   |
    99078         "_GENERAL_MEASURES_Assassin_BODY_+2"   "A thick fog suddenly forms around you. Something brushes your skin but you can't make out what it was...As the fog dissipates you suddenly feel very drowsy. The desire to curl up in your warm cozy bed soon drowns out all confusing thoughts of the mysterious fog and what brushed your skin..."   |
    Unzip Attached file to Guild 2 Root Directory
    - Right Click On .zip file (Downloaded attached file)
    - Select Extract Files...
    -
    Browse and find C:\Program Files\The Guild 2
    - Extract to this directory

How To Check:
    - Assassin.lua file should be in the following place:
    C:\Program Files\The Guild 2\Scripts\Measures\McCoy!_Mods\Assassin.lua
    *If its there then you extracted the file to the right spot
    Now all you have to do is start a new game and enjoy
    Last edited by McCoy!; 04-05-2010 at 06:17.

very nice done!
    Did you manage to solve your 'little problem'? ^^

Quote Originally Posted by nirvana View Post
    very nice done!
    Did you manage to solve your 'little problem'? ^^
    Not the best solution but yes...
    I found that other measures were over-riding this one. Which would cause the player to lose a lot of money for nothing.
    Since the target was dead anyways I used the following codes.
    Code:
    MoveStop("Destination")
    SetState("Destination", STATE_LOCKED, true)
    f_MoveTo("Assassin", "Destination")
    AlignTo("Assassin", "Destination")
    (I also locked the players character too further up in the file to prevent different bugs)

I tried using f_follow but once the assassin reached its target...It did not stop following causing the measure to never end
    I know there is a way around this with AIStartInteraction (I believe) but decided that I could fine tune the mod later when renaissance is released. Who knows there may be an assassins guild in Renaissance and this mod may have a very short lifetime.

My favorite piece of code in the whole file is this one though:
    Code:
            local X = SimGetOfficeLevel("Destination")
            local Title = GetNobilityTitle("Destination")
            local TitleCost = Title * 1000
            local Level = {}
                Level[-1] = 0
                Level[1] = 100000
                Level[2] = 250000
                Level[3] = 350000
                Level[4] = 350000
                Level[5] = 500000
                Level[6] = 750000
                Level[7] = 1000000

local OfficeCost = Level[X]
            local Cost = 10000 + TitleCost + OfficeCost
    I found the x variable by accident when I assumed I knew the sequence of the office levels (I was wrong ) Anyways I was using if's and elseif to define OfficeCost but because I wasn't getting the correct number I tried a different way...When the different way had the same results I realized that I had the OfficeLevels all screwed up but in the process learned a pretty cool new method of coding

wow amazing..

I will have to try this.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord11030 View Post
    wow amazing..

I will have to try this.
    Have you tried it out yet?
    After you select your target double click on your character to zoom back into the tavern...then you can see the assassin's grand entrance

Also you can manually follow the assassin if you want to see where he goes...his exit is just as grand as his entrance

You can follow the victim too...the victim either goes to their residence or to their workplace if they don't have a residence and dies

I was thinking about locking the camera on the assassin but I'm not sure if its possible...something I would have to play around with.

Also even though that character you used to purchase the assassination is locked until the assassin finishes off his target...you can still double click on your other characters and do something else with them instead of watching or waiting

Is this mod in the Mod pack 2.2 you ve done ?

Quote Originally Posted by vire7777 View Post
    Is this mod in the Mod pack 2.2 you ve done ?
    I haven't done mod package yet...the download is simply an unofficial patch that supports BTTR/Soveriegn Edition

When I am finished yes this will be included

Unhappy Where to hire the assassin?

May I ask how can I hire an assassin in the game by this MOD? I can't find the place to hire them.

Well you have to be in the tavern to hire one, but it is explained all in the first Thread.

Oh,thanks a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunpack View Post
    Well you have to be in the tavern to hire one, but it is explained all in the first Thread.
    Really?But I'm a chinese player,I cannot understand so much english words, sorry.Enyway,many thanks for helping me.

Quote Originally Posted by McCoy! View Post
    I haven't done mod package yet...the download is simply an unofficial patch that supports BTTR/Soveriegn Edition

When I am finished yes this will be included
    I dont see downloads attachment anywhere