- Hire an assassin to kill opposing dynasty characters
- Assassin is always successful
- You keep your hands clean (no evidence against you as a result of the murder. Infact the game doesn't even recognize it as a murder)
Game Balancing Restrictions:
- You cannot select a target unless you have evidence against them (this mod is intended to be a tool to help the non-rogue class)
- You can only hire an assassin at a tavern between 0:00 and 02:00 in the morning (Otherwise you will get a message telling you this)
- Price increases based on level of title and level of office. The more important the character the more costly to assassinate
Note: Even though it is technically possible to assassinate the King this mod was made to be a game feature not a cheat so you will notice the price tag will reflect that.
Permanent Bug: When the town upgrades sometimes the NPC's who hold office change...In my test I targeted the Mayor, however the city upgraded while the assassination was taking place and the Mayor changed so the office was still occupied even after the assassination.
Performing an assassination when the city is not upgrading goes smoothly...the officeholder dies and the office position is empty.
Copy and Paste the following line in C:\Program Files\The Guild 2 Sovereign Edition\DB\Measures.dbt
Copy and Paste the following line in C:\Program Files\The Guild 2 Sovereign Edition\DB\MeasuresToObjects.dbtCode:23097 "McCoy!_Mods\Assassin.lua" "-" "Assassin" 99 "hud/buttons/btn_poisonwell.tga" 0 0 0 "" "" 7 0 0 "none" 0 0 |
Copy and Paste the following lines in C:\Program Files\The Guild 2 Sovereign Edition\DB\Text.dbtCode:2495 23097 0 139 121 6 "hud/cursors/Cursor_Attack.tga" (6 1) "MEASUREINIT_SELECTION" 0 0 |
Unzip Attached file to Guild 2 Root DirectoryCode:99063 "_MEASURE_Assassin_NAME_+0" "Hire an Assassin" | 99064 "_MEASURE_Assassin_TOOLTIP_+0" "Hire an assassin to remove a shady rival" | 99065 "_MEASURE_Assassin_TARGET_+0" "Assassinate" | 99066 "_INTRIGUE_ASSASSIN_FAILURES_+0" "I would not wake him if I was you. Assassins only work at night so comeback in the early hours of the morining. " | 99067 "_INTRIGUE_ASSASSIN_FAILURES_+1" "You cannot afford to assassinate this particular target. Try someone less distinguished" | 99068 "_Assassin_BUTTONS_+1" "Assassination Fee: %2t" | 99069 "_Assassin_BUTTONS_+2" "Assassination Fee: %3t" | 99070 "_Assassin_BUTTONS_+3" "Assassination Fee: %4t" | 99071 "_INTRIGUE_ASSASSIN_SCREENPLAY_ACTOR_HEAD_+0" "Assassinate" | 99072 "_INTRIGUE_ASSASSIN_SCREENPLAY_ACTOR_BODY_+0" "It will cost a small fortune. How badly do you want %1SN dead?" | 99073 "_GENERAL_MEASURES_Assassin_HEAD_+0" "Assassination Successful" | 99074 "_GENERAL_MEASURES_Assassin_BODY_+0" "Nobody saw a thing...%1SN doesn't even know he is dying yet. It will look natural when he does not wake in the morning" | 99075 "_GENERAL_MEASURES_Assassin_HEAD_+1" "Assassination Successful" | 99076 "_GENERAL_MEASURES_Assassin_BODY_+1" "Nobody saw a thing...%1SN doesn't even know she is dying yet. It will look natural when she does not wake in the morning" | 99077 "_GENERAL_MEASURES_Assassin_HEAD_+2" "What The?...." | 99078 "_GENERAL_MEASURES_Assassin_BODY_+2" "A thick fog suddenly forms around you. Something brushes your skin but you can't make out what it was...As the fog dissipates you suddenly feel very drowsy. The desire to curl up in your warm cozy bed soon drowns out all confusing thoughts of the mysterious fog and what brushed your skin..." |
- Right Click On .zip file (Downloaded attached file)
- Select Extract Files...
- Browse and find C:\Program Files\The Guild 2
- Extract to this directory
How To Check:
- Assassin.lua file should be in the following place:
C:\Program Files\The Guild 2\Scripts\Measures\McCoy!_Mods\Assassin.lua
*If its there then you extracted the file to the right spot
Now all you have to do is start a new game and enjoy