Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

IG2 Nvidia Mod/Fix for new graphic cards

For all versions:
    Nvdia Mod v1.0 Download Link

If you have only the original game you will need v1.0 and v1.02
    If you have also the add-on/gold version you will need v1.0, v1.1 and v1.2

Updates for the original game
    Nvidia Mod Update v1.02 for the original game Download Link Add-on players don't need this update!

Updates for the add-on
    Nvidia Mod Update v1.10 for Gold/Add-on Download Link

Nvidia Mod Update v1.20 Download Link

Nvidia Mod Expansion

Supported versions: english and german

Description:
    The game doesn't run with Nvidia graphic cards since the GeForce 6 series.
    This mod tries to solve this problem.

Installation:
    Read the README.txt in the archives.

Known Issues:

Not all resolutions in the ingame settings will work properly, it shows all resolutions that are supported by the graphic card and not by the game.
    Also the option "Vsync" in the settings should not be activated.

If the transport costs are exploding and/or the shops will not sell any goods then you got caught by the copy protection. This happens if you use a No-CD crack or your CD/DVD drive is not supported. Try the latest patch 2.1 if you have the gold version or add-on.

Animations for factorys and shops are disabled.

Small graphic issues on bridges and some cliffs.
    Last edited by Bombardier; 04-11-2007 at 18:07.

Emperor building empire delacroixp's Avatar
    Awesome... there's some life in IG2 yet... it's a classic !!!
    Some features, like support for a 1600x1200 resolution were ahead of it's time even if the complete project was not a financial success...

Evenso, it's a template for the future... long live Industry Giant !!!

Pascal

Thumbs up Superb!

Bombardier, you are an absolute genious!

I used to play IG2 on my old backup PC, which had an Athlon 1.2Ghz and a GeForce 4 Ti graphics card. But after the Athlon chip overheated and burned itself out about a year ago, I resigned myself to never being able to play IG2 again. (I use Nvidia due to their excellent compatibility with older games, for example Grand Prix Legends from 1998.) My main machine was running a 6600GT, but that too went to the great PC graveyard in the sky recently. I replaced it with a 7600GT, and today the thought popped into my head to visit the joWood forum just in case anyone had any news about the IG2/Nvidia problem.

I spotted your posts announcing your patches, and finished downloading them at about 2pm UK time today. It's now 2:30am UK time, and apart from a couple of breaks to eat meals and catch up on the TV news, I've been playing IG2 Gold Edition now for over 12 hours!

Thank you, thank you thank you!
    Last edited by Saiph; 19-10-2007 at 01:06.

Since my PC soon will be changed, I won't be afraid of new NVIDIA grafic cards of the new generation.
    Great work

Thank you

PH

Added a small update v1.02 for the original game, if you have the add-on you don't need to install this update.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombardier View Post
    Added a small update v1.02 for the original game, if you have the add-on you don't need to install this update.
    Bombardier , you saved this game ! This game runs perfectly now on a Geforce 8800 GTS ! You are BOMB ! Awsome work !!
    I signed up on the forum just to thank you .. Your hard work made the difference between me not being able to play this game , and me spending the last 4 hours enjoying a game I havent played in years !
    Thank you !

New update for the add-on added, at least the english version should be finished but stay tuned for the expansion with new goods .

Changes in v1.20:
    -Crash error with real econemy fixed
    -Suspension bridge for railroads added
    -Display errors on farms fixed
    -Missing streetroads added

thank you! I was waiting for fix like this for months, now I could finally play IG2

Exclamation Ig2 Gold Fix

Thankyou for your wonderfull work you have achieved that which jowood said was not possible therefore sincere thanks.Also i think jowood should take note and make a very large payment to you for saving one of their best games from the rubbish bin.COME ON JOWOOD SHOW YOUR CUSTOMERS THAT THIS EFFORT HAS GOT YOU OUT OF A HOLE.

Industrygiant 2 Nvidia Gold Expansion v1.0

Download Link

Description:
    Expansion for the Nvidia Mod with 28 new goods and the new fast food industry, only for the add-on.

Installation:

1. Make a backup of the file "Config.gen" in the subfolder config
    before you install this mod.

2. Extract the files from this archive into the main folder of the game.

New Products:

Printing-shop

-Paper-clips 1900
    -Typewriter 1900
    -Ballpoint 1945
    -File folders 1900
    -Pocket calculator 1971
    -Electric typewriter 1973

Coffee shop

-Ice-cream 1900
    -Torte 1900

Food industry

-Chocolate Santa Claus 1953
    -Cheese 1900
    -Chicken 1900
    -Crisphead 1920

Furniture industry

-Fabrics upholstery 1908
    -Leather upholstery 1918
    -Curtain 1900
    -Window blind 1950
    -Nylon carpet 1954
    -Bedroom furniture 1950
    -Built-In kitchen 1948

Fast food industry (new) 1954

-King Size Burger 1972
    -French Fries 1954
    -Milkshake 1954
    -Cheeseburger 1976
    -Chicken Nuggets 1983
    -Salad 1983
    -Fishburger 1986

-Doughnuts and hamburgers are moved from food industry to fast food industry

Car industry

-Motorcycle 1946
    -Luxury motorcyle 1980

Known Bugs:

-Import/export change messages can crash the game.
    Disable "News automatically pop up" in the game options and never open them.

It's very wonderfull what you do , but this is not sérious from Jowood than don't make it themself.My english is to poor for I explain me correctly, but now, I will boy coat all they games .
    I have bought Industry Giant in 2002, and play with him during one year , I was playing industry Giant the 11 September , I remember it ...

Don't assure the pathes is really poor for a big society, And thanck you again for that you made .

and BIG ZERO for Jowood, that never answering here !!!!!

PS I expect your patch will be compatilbe with French version ...but it's all right for overs !

its me again, effectively I encounter problem !
    1) I cannot download your first hack, I download it 3 times ...
    2) I had the expansion, so I trade to run the second hack .... and now I can see the presentation, but the game crashes just after the sreen with your logo nvidia .
    3) The runable msdos programm does not work, I remove myself 4 files, but do not find the "gfx\uif\7_Icons\98_Icon_C_01.tga "

perhaps this could be helping you :
    "ig2 caused an Access Violation in module ig2.exe at 001b:005c9983.
    Exception handler called in Main Thread.
    IG2 version 2.1. 44765.
    Error occurred at 10/31/2007 02:08:52.
    C:\Program Files\IndustryGiant 2\ig2.exe, run by tests.
    2 processor(s), type 586.
    2048 MBytes physical memory.
    Read from location 0000003c caused an access violation.

I just expect you come here some time because I dont expect help from Jowood !
    thanck you very much !
    Last edited by carpediem4159; 31-10-2007 at 01:32.

YYYYYYYYYYesssss !!!it 's working !!!!!! I redownload the firt hakc , and i can play, 100000 thanck to you !!!!

@carpediem4159
    Glad to hear that the game run now, maybe i will upload version 1.0 splitted, everyone needs it because the other versions are only updates.

About the French version, you will need the INGAME.TXT from the cd. If it is uncompressed in one of the cabs it should be no problem to overwrite in the UIF folder. If not, it is compressed in the uif.jfl/uif.ind and you need the tool JFLextract to unpack it.

well ....I was to happy ...I encounter a problem ...after a few minutes of games, all produces disapears ,for exemple, I cannot choose wood in wood factury, there are no pictures of it .

Does I have forget something ?

For instance, I try to use jflextract, but I am no expert ! .I can play with the game in English, but perhaps it's the raison of crash ?

So, thanck you very much for answering !!!

Quote Originally Posted by carpediem4159 View Post
    well ....I was to happy ...I encounter a problem ...after a few minutes of games, all produces disapears ,for example, I cannot choose wood in wood factury, there are no pictures of it .
    This bug was also reported by one player on the german boards and I have no idea why it happens. It could be a rare conflict with the copyprotection of the game or the graphic card.

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast