+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    6

    Problem with loading

    I have already posted in the steam forums but still no luck, if I try to load a game it crashes half way through loading with the windows 7 error sound and a small box with fatal error written.
    I have a high end PC i7 6 GB ram win 7 64 bit creative SB fatality with Alchemy running,. any ideas? I can start a new game no problem and have tried reducing everything down to bare minimum. Thanks for any help, great game by the way!

  2. #2
    phi.lo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Vienna Calling!
    Posts
    59
    hey ratcat!

    I will send you a PM and kindly ask you to provide me with your email address, so that our support team can get in touch with you asap.

    -ph.
    Last edited by phi.lo; 26-03-2012 at 09:53.
    "Life" is a sexually transmitted disease.

    http://i.imgur.com/Upy3a.jpg

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    6

    I have sent all the stuff you want

    Quote Originally Posted by phi.lo View Post
    hey ratcat!

    I will send you a PM and kindly ask you to provide me with your email address, so that our support team can get in touch with you asap.

    -ph.
    Still waiting for some help

  4. #4
    phi.lo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Vienna Calling!
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by ratcat View Post
    Still waiting for some help
    hey ratcat,

    I have just been informed by our support team, that they already answered your email. In case it got flagged as spam or junk from your email provider, please do check your spamfilter. The mail from our side has been sent on March 28, at 5.02 pm CET.

    Please do get back to me in case it got lost in transmission.
    "Life" is a sexually transmitted disease.

    http://i.imgur.com/Upy3a.jpg

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    6

    No reply

    Quote Originally Posted by phi.lo View Post
    hey ratcat,

    I have just been informed by our support team, that they already answered your email. In case it got flagged as spam or junk from your email provider, please do check your spamfilter. The mail from our side has been sent on March 28, at 5.02 pm CET.

    Please do get back to me in case it got lost in transmission.


    No I went through my junk folder and deleted folder, nothing there, However I found an email in a foreign language That I am unable to understand,. It is from Nordea-T@mail.dk. it sounds like Nordic so maybe that is the email. I only understand English not Norwegian or whatever that language is.

  6. #6
    phi.lo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Vienna Calling!
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by ratcat View Post
    No I went through my junk folder and deleted folder, nothing there, However I found an email in a foreign language That I am unable to understand,. It is from Nordea-T@mail.dk. it sounds like Nordic so maybe that is the email. I only understand English not Norwegian or whatever that language is.
    The mail you received is in English.

    I just resent the email to the mail-address you provided.
    "Life" is a sexually transmitted disease.

    http://i.imgur.com/Upy3a.jpg

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    6

    Still a problem

    Quote Originally Posted by phi.lo View Post
    The mail you received is in English.

    I just resent the email to the mail-address you provided.
    Your team sent me a message saying this error can be fixed by uninstalling/ reinstalling the game.I did that actually this is the second time I have done that and it still crashes at the same place. Each time I uninstall I have to download the whole game again. If they ask me to uninstall it again I will scream. So what do I do now? I still have the problem

  8. #8
    Megalomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    747
    Did you also delete the "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Painkiller Recurring Evil" folder after uninstall? If no, do so please.
    Reinhard Pollice|Business & Product Development Director Nordic Games GmbH, Vienna, Austria
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ElMegalomator

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    6

    Still crashing

    Quote Originally Posted by Megalomaniac View Post
    Did you also delete the "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Painkiller Recurring Evil" folder after uninstall? If no, do so please.
    OK, uninstalled and removed C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Painkiller Recurring Evi started a new game for the fourth time. got to the end of Highway to hell where the giant mech spider was but was stuck, there was an invisible wall and it wouldnt let me through to kill the spider (a bug) lol... I killed the spider from behind the trucks then it spawned enemies which I could not kill so restarted that section started getting fatal error again. If I could get past Highway I think it would be OK. actually I did finally get into the arena with the spider and killed it and every enemy but I accidently launched a rocket and it hit a wrecked car just near me and I died, if I had gotten to the end point it would have loaded the next level I even heard the end of level sound, thats how close I was. Then everytime I tried to reload "Fatal error" again. Can you sent me a save game for the start of the next level? Or fix this buggy chunk of....

  10. #10
    phi.lo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Vienna Calling!
    Posts
    59
    This should work:

    Press tilde while playing to get your console, then type in the following cheat code:
    sv_perfect_finish_1

    this brings you directly to the start of the map after your issue.
    "Life" is a sexually transmitted disease.

    http://i.imgur.com/Upy3a.jpg

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts