+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

[REL] Unofficial Patch/Mod-Pack - BETA

Mod-Pack Download Link Updated (Almost Final Build)

This mod was built overtop of BTTR and Sovereign Edtion. I want to recognize both teams for all the hard work they put into their add-ons
    However both Sovereign Edition & the Mod-Pack are nothing without BTTR, so out of respect I have changed the intro and menu screen back to the original mod that started it all
    It has been three years since BTTR's release but I want to let the creators know that the massive foundation they laid out for Sovereign Edition & the Mod-pack has not been forgotten
    I want to say thanks again to the BTTR team and I wish those who are now involved in Renaissance all the best

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:

*Skip steps 1-3 ONLY if you have NOT installed any mods or Patches to your game. Ignoring those steps may cause unstable gameplay
    1. Uninstall The Guild 2 - Pirates of the European Seas
    2. Delete the C:\Program Files\The Guild 2 Pirates of the European Seas Folder
    3. Reinstall The Guild 2 - Pirates of the European Seas
    4. Install BTTR + SE + Unofficial Patch + Mod-Pack: English-Installer | French-Installer | German Thread
    ^^I have combined BTTR, SE, Unofficial Patch & Mod-Pack into one simple installer (Sure beats 5 installers in my opinion anyways )
    5. Install Sunpacks Hotfixes (ver 0.4): * Hotfix Installer *

If all was installed correctly your main menu should look like this:
    Spoiler:

Important Notes:
    - Patch 2.21 is bugged so I have replaced it with patch 2.2 .exe. When I get back from work in a few months I will update the mod-pack with patch 2.22 .exe and fix any bugs you guys find in that time
    - New Config.ini in Mod-Pack. After installation you may need to set splashscreen to zero in order for your game to work properly
    - Does not include the 2.21 feature that allows you to apply for title anywhere. I did not include it because I do not like it so you must go to townhall in order to apply for your title.
    - I am gone to work. Please feel free to write me but do not expect a reply anytime soon. I may be back in a few weeks or it could be a few months. Take care and enjoy the Mod-Pack!

FEATURES:

* Full Compatibility of Patch 2.21 with BTTR & Sovereign Edition
    [Created By: BTTR & Sovereign Edition Teams Compatibility By: McCoy! Helpful Information Regarding Compatibility Provided By: nirvana]

* Bribe The Guards
    - Slip some coins to the right office member and the guards may ignore your foul deeds for a little while. This version has been tweaked. Bribe success depends on the officeholders disposition (the one who controls the town guards). Make sure to check out his disposition before bribing. If his disposition is high then bribing a higher amount is highly recommended as there is now a consequence for refusal
    [Idea By: McCoy!, Created By: McCoy! ]

* Adults can go to school, university, and change apprenticeships
    - Allows you to change things up if you get bored without having to change characters and lose all your progress
    [Idea By: McCoy! Created By: McCoy!]

* Trial Fixes
    - Not sure what this does exactly...but I heard they were good
    [Idea By: chip007 Created By: chip007]

* Give Money
    - Go to a bank you to give a % of your money to another sim. Especially useful in MP games with noobs
    [Idea By: Kaliandr Created By: McCoy!]

* Raise Disposition
    - Sick of being a walking nightmare? Now you can literally bribe the entire city to improve your disposition. People simply refuse to believe the rumors of your atrocities...after all a person who gives a complete stranger money for no reason can't be all that bad. Simply go to a bank and you will have the option to give your townsfolk some money
    [Idea By: McCoy! Created By: InsaneKaos & McCoy!]

* Hire an Assassin
    - Want someone dead without the need to get your hands dirty ? Go to a tavern between midnight and 02:00am and hire yourself an assassin. Remember that the more distinguished the target the more it will cost (takes into account title and office)

* Quick Political Bribe
    - Is the office member you want to bribe busy or in a distant town right now? Simply go to a bank and you will have the option to deposit some money into their account (system works exactly the same as if you bribed them normally)
    [Idea By: McCoy! Created By: McCoy! & InsaneKaos]

* Call The Guards I & II
    - Was an old or useless dynasty member kidnapped and now some thief is demanding a ransom? Now you have the option to call the guards and watch the thief lose his head. This will result in your dynasty members death as well but used in the right circumstances who cares!?!
    - Are you sick and tired of Robbers always trying to extort protection money? Now when they do this you have the option to call the guards...this will result in the robber trying to sabotage your home. If you have henchmen nearby they will try to stop him or if the guards are nearby they will stop him. However even if he succeeds the cost to renovate your home will still be less then paying for their protection. Also when the guards catch the robber you will get to see him do some time in the pillory
    [Idea By: Jeriah Created By: McCoy!]

* Two Trials per year
    - This allows for two trials per year to help bring people to justice sooner. 04:00am and 10:00am are the new trial times
    [Idea By: SunPack Created By: SunPack Tweaked By: McCoy! Helpful Information Provided By: -Patron-]

* Accuse men or women of witchcraft
    - Another way to kill without getting your hands dirty. Pay the church enough money and you can accuse a man or woman of witchcraft and see her burn. You cannot accuse Fanatics. You cannot accuse anyone who is currently in a different town (it would take too long for the sequence of events to complete). Simply go into a church and you will see the new Burn A Witch button
    [Idea By: Aragornil Created By: McCoy!]

* Increase severity of justice
    - Justice is even more harsh when Judge sets it to Severe. There is a downside...your empathy skills will be permanently affected. -3 for setting it to severe +1 if you set it to lenient.
    NOTE: The empathy skills only affect the judge who changed the severity

* Option for longer banishment time
    - When banishing someone you now have to option to pay money in order to make their banishment time longer. The more distinguished the target is the more the added banishment time will cost. You still have the default banishment option that costs no money

* Prevent cheat that allows player to capture and sell same building continuously.
    - Bug: Capture building then sell it only to recapture it again. Repeating this process numerous times results in quite a bit of cash depending on the building and whats in the inventory.
    - Feature: Now you cannot sell a captured building for a certain amount of time (works like a recently burgled building)

* Harsh consequences for Attacking/killing Judge involved in a trial or an Accuser
    - Avoiding an outlaw used to be easy if you killed the accuser or judge. This is pretty much prevented with this mod. Attacking either will draw the guards and if you successfully kill either one then there will be serious consequences...(spy theme has been incorporated into the text to make these consequences flow with the game)

* Price option when selling building
    - There are 5 Price options when selling a building (this was created for MP games...NOT for cheaters)
    1 = Lowest Price
    2 = Under Market Value
    3 = Normal/Market Value
    4 = Over Market Value
    5 = Highest Price
    [Idea By: McCoy! Created By: Alinas & McCoy!]

* Fix bug that prevents oulaw penalty from expiring
    - Guards no longer attack you when your outlaw time expires
    [Idea By: AlexanderMorgan Created By: McCoy!]

* Run To Residence Measure
    - Ever tried to run away while being attacked? Its hard eh? This will fix that issue...simply click the Run Away button and your character will attempt to run to the safety of his home
    [Idea By thezirk Created By: McCoy!]

* Dangerous Dynasties
    - An Attempt to make AI more difficult to handle. My tweaks include Random starting money & titles for AI shadow dynasties
    [Idea By: markmid Created By:markmid Tweaked By: McCoy!]

* More Challenging Bribing System
    - Default 2.2 bribing system is based on a targets wealth + office.
    - More Challenging Bribing System adds and extra cost onto a dynasties title (makes it so players try other items found at the marketplace to help out their cause)
    - This also fixes the bribe with no money bug created by patch 2.2
    [Idea By: Determinado & McCoy! Created By: McCoy!

* Two New Lists That Includes All Unemployed Workers & All Women You Can Court
    - If you are married the section that shows all women you can court will not show up
    [Idea By: thezirk Created By: McCoy!

* Help Out All AI Characters In Entire Game
    - Purchasing your first nobility title triggers this file. Once triggered the file will call itself every 20 years
    - AI get money if they have less then $10,000 (allows then to get back in the game if they wasted all their starting money)
    - AI get the title Citizen if they are a commoner or serf (allows then to run for office)
    - If they have no work building they try to purchase one for sale, if none are for sale then they build one
    - New option setting in the config.ini. If you do not wish too many of the same building in each town then you can limit how many the AI can build when this helper is activated. Default setting is 1

[Idea By: The Entire Guild 2 Community Created By: SunPack & McCoy!]

* Help out a specific AI Character
    - This button is attached to your main character and he has the ability to target any AI character
    - Checks for money. If low gives the dynasty member money.
    - Checks title. If less then citizen it sets their title to citizen so they can run for office
    - Check for work buildings. If less then three it tries to find a class appropriate one to purchase. If there is one it automatically purchases it for the AI dynasty.
    - If there isn't any appropriate buildings for sale it will automatically build the AI dynasty member a class appropriate building instead.
    - Only works if there is room inside the town. Some buildings were left out for obvious reasons.
    - If the dynasty does not have a home then it sets the Dynasties new work building as its home building
    [Idea By: The Entire Guild 2 Community Created By: SunPack & McCoy!

* Quicker Council Meetings
    - The council meetings are sped up but you can disable this feature in the config.ini (scroll to bottom) if you want.
    [Idea By -Patron- & SunPack Created By: SunPack]

* Added Towncrier History
    - New Historic Events for the Towncrier to announce
    [Idea By: Napi96 Created By Napi96]

* Beggars added
    - Beggars are added to the world...this feature adds realism to game
    [Idea By: SunPack & Napi96 Created By SunPack & Napi96]

New Emperor & Pope Political Offices
    - These new offices are only available in an Imperial/Capital City
    - Two new offices added to the game...You cannot apply for the emperor office. The emperor is selected by money + wealth. You can also become the emperor by killing the emperor.
    - Click on the spoiler to see the what the new political tree looks like for an Imperial City
    Spoiler:

[Idea By: Napi96 & SunPack Created By: Sunpack & Napi96]

* Misc
    - Shadow dynasties can no longer build residences however they can still buy ones that are for sale...this leaves more room for businesses (which you now have the ability to help them build )
    - Shadow dynasties less likely to sell their last work building
    - Cathedral Now included on Vienna map --nirvana pointed me in the right direction
    - Become the Law mod has been balanced (If you abuse the office of Bailiff too much then at some point you will lose your office position and will have an active arrest warrant on you character)
    - Political offices organized
    - Changed voting on some political offices
    - Can no longer apply for some political offices unless you held a certain lower office first. (New message will give clear directions if you are not allowed to apply because of this)
    - Added small XP bonus for dynasty characters when producing goods in any work building (I built in a time factor so it is impossible to cheat)
    Ideas By: McCoy! & -Patron- Created By: McCoy!

Special Thanks:
    - To -Patron-: He has created a German Translation and has also provided tons of unbiased feeback (Which means he wasn't very nice sometimes )
    - To SunPack: He has not only provided multiple mods for the Mod-Pack but has also provided bug support as well
    - To gorgom: He has created a French translation for the Mod-Pack
    - To Anyone Who Reported A Bug: New features are all fine and dandy but if they are riddled with bugs you might as well throw them in the garbage. So thanks for your help guys!

I would also like to thank SiverDK, InsaneKaos, Jeriah, Alinas & nirvana.
    All five of these people have shared their knowledge with me which is the only reason was able to create these mods and release this Mod-Pack

PotES + BTTR + Sovereign Edition Bugfixes:

- Flaming Sky On Hansa Map Fixed (BTTR Bug)
    - Outlaw Sentence Never Expires is Fixed (Vanilla PotES Bug)
    - Cannot produce any goods in Tinctuary, Alchemist lab, or Mages Guild is Fixed (BTTR/SE Bug)
    - Nobility Titles not in correct order is Fixed (SE bug)
    - Become noble blood message showed wrong title is Fixed (SE bug)
    - Cannot Select Starting City is Fixed (GamersGate + Direct2Drive versions of PotES)
    - Possibly Fixes extremely low FPS problem. I have never experienced this so I cannot test. If you have this problem I would appreciate it if you verified whether or not this issue is fixed.
    Last edited by McCoy!; 10-07-2010 at 01:53. Reason: Update Mod-Pack download link

Is it normal for for the game to be jumping a year between seasons? (Like, Spring 1414 to Summer 1415) If so, I have never noticed it before downloading this mod

Yeah it's normal for the game to change seasons as it changes years.

Unfortunately, trials don't seem to be occurring. Every day, right after the elections, people start gathering in the courtroom and discussing the upcoming trial. Unfortunately, they stay there until the elections the next day and no trials ever occur. I accused a few people, was called to the courtroom, and suddenly my character stopped as he was running to the courthouse and the trial never happened. I tried accusing them again, but they are all "in proceedings" (perhaps mine). In the Important People part of my notebook, there is a tab for "trial participants," but my datebook has no scheduled trials, and the courtroom doesn't have any scheduled trials either.

Quote Originally Posted by thezirk View Post
    Yeah it's normal for the game to change seasons as it changes years.

Unfortunately, trials don't seem to be occurring. Every day, right after the elections, people start gathering in the courtroom and discussing the upcoming trial. Unfortunately, they stay there until the elections the next day and no trials ever occur. I accused a few people, was called to the courtroom, and suddenly my character stopped as he was running to the courthouse and the trial never happened. I tried accusing them again, but they are all "in proceedings" (perhaps mine). In the Important People part of my notebook, there is a tab for "trial participants," but my datebook has no scheduled trials, and the courtroom doesn't have any scheduled trials either.
    I didn't know if I was going to be able to get that to work
    The instructions were in german...
    I'll try one more time a different way...if it doesn't work I'll abandon it...even without those fixes I can probably get the two trials per year to work.

I'll load a hotfix in a few hours and we'll see if we can keep those trial fixes (to be honest I don't even know what they do )

Trial.lua Fixed

It was actually my error when I changed the three trials per year to two.
    In your game you would have had two trials but it would have gotten messed up on the third one because I did not make the necessary changes required for it to reset itself back to the 4:00am trial...whoops

Anyways I'm using Sunpacks version of the trial.lua file which is significantly smaller then the previous file. I'm not sure if it just removed fluff or if stuff might be missing. Let me know how your trials go and if you notice features missing.

The hotfix includes the following mods:
    - two trials per year (I implemented it correctly this time )
    - increased severity of law when set to harsh/severe
    - Outlaw expiry fix...your outlaw sentence will actually expire now (it would be cool if someone tested this...The coding is right but the alias may be wrong...if it doesn't work I simply need to change the alias in the coding )

Triple posting
    I tested the trials myself and they definitely work with the hotfix
    I did notice a problem with the mulitple trials per year code though...

The way sunpack set it up it alternates times meaning if you do not fill those two times then there is a chance that you will only get one trial in

Example: You have a trial set for 04:00 but no trial set for 10:00. The next trial will then be set to 10:00 skipping the 04:00 trial...meaning if you do not constantly fill the times then you may still only have one trial per year even though there was enough time for two.

I'm going to play around and see if I can fix this...his coding is pretty basic so it should be possible
    Last edited by McCoy!; 29-05-2010 at 02:31.

Quadruple posting...I think thats a record for me
    A new hotfix for the Trial.lua file

Fixes:

- If there are no trials scheduled the game takes into account the Game Time and will schedule a 4:00 trial if the accuser has made the new deadline.
    Deadline = 08:01am - 01:59am
    08:01am was selected so that there was at least two hours notice before a trial meeting. If you are a judge then you must be ready to go to trial on short notice.

- Sunpacks file was smaller because it didn't have the coding for my harsher consequences mod in it
    That has been re-added and now the file is back to the size it should be
    Last edited by McCoy!; 29-05-2010 at 02:19.

McCoy, I've tested the trials and they are working again, except one problem so far: When the accused dies before the trial, the judge mentions that the accused is dead, and then the trial continues anyway... and when the accused is asked to speak in their defense the screen just goes black.

McCoy, I've tested the trials and they are working again, except one problem so far: When the accused dies before the trial, the judge mentions that the accused is dead, and then the trial continues anyway... and when the accused is asked to speak in their defense the screen just goes black.
    Thank you good sir
    Error found and fixed...as well as a few other similar bugs
    The Trial.lua attachement has been updated

Edit: Have you tried out the RunAway measure yet? After all it was your idea so I'd like to know if you found it helpful at all
    Last edited by McCoy!; 29-05-2010 at 08:54.

Yes, I've liked the new runaway action. I've used it once to run away from combat next to my house, and a few times I've clicked it just to send my character home quickly.

The Guild series addict
    Quote Originally Posted by McCoy! View Post
    * Increase severity of justice
    - Justice is even more harsh when Judge sets it to Severe. There is a downside...your empathy skills will be permanently affected
    Wait a sec, what do you mean by "empathy skills will be permanently affected"? That's a bit harsh, don't you think? I attend a few courts and my empathy will be 1 forever just because the justice is severe and I want my enemy to suffer?

Quote Originally Posted by Aragornil View Post
    Wait a sec, what do you mean by "empathy skills will be permanently affected"? That's a bit harsh, don't you think? I attend a few courts and my empathy will be 1 forever just because the justice is severe and I want my enemy to suffer?
    I never said it would be set to one did I?
    You lose 3 points each time you set it to severe
    you gain 1 point if you set it to the lenient side

The only reason people are harsh/mean to other people is because they are quick to judge and they do not seem to know how to put themselves in other peoples shoes and understand why they made certain decisions (this is known as empathizing) therefore it seems like a very realistic consequence

Edit: The consequence is only to the person who set the justice to severe (Judge)
    Last edited by McCoy!; 29-05-2010 at 18:13.

It makes sense. I don't mind there being more consequences for choices in-game.

It makes sense. I don't mind there being more consequences for choices in-game.
    It makes things more challenging. If people want to cheat or don't like a feature they can mod the games themselves...

There is a program called winmerge...simply open the default file and a modded version of the same file using this program and it makes it easy to see the changes the modder implemented. The thing that most people don't understand is that its usually very easy to find and change numerical values (costs, durations, Impact values...etc). Its creating the framework for those values thats challenging

Keep reporting any bugs you find please...
    If you've tried a new feature and you like/don't like it please provide some feedback

Also please get involved in discussions that will effect the final release (a current debate is whether or not we should burn men at the stake...currently man burning is winning the debate )

If you want a good final package you forum lurkers have got to come out of the shadows and place some input....I can't do all this myself...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast