+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Demo

Raconz O.D.
    Quote Originally Posted by iQue View Post
    The MP feature in the demo appears to be broken. You can appearantly only play the SP map in coop with this bot that get stuck everywhere, and it's laggy as hell.
    Just read this:

JoWooD Productions and DreamCatcher Games, leading publishers of interactive entertainment software around the world, today released the Single Player Demo for Painkiller Resurrection.
    The Multiplayer is not available in the demo

We are very happy about the feedback concerning the demo but we are also sorry because we accidently released an old demo version. We really feel sorry for that. Next week we will release a demo version in the actual quality of the final game. So stay tuned and sorry for the inconvenience.
    Last edited by Megalomaniac; 22-10-2009 at 12:34.

No problem. I almost suspected it was something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by iQue View Post
    No problem. I almost suspected it was something like that.
    Exactly

I do not believed people who spreaded those catty gossips on the internet about demo and so I was right to act like as I act. Keep it UP and I am now looking forward for the proper demo and the game itself.

i am a Painkiller fanboy and i must get this to you really quick.............i'm sorry for the bad news that i'm about to convey to you concerning the demo

it is plainly horrible. The textures are incredibly low-res, stretched and even missing in some parts. Level design was poor. Enemy location... bad. Unfinished effects, bad clipping problems.
    The voice acting was horribly bad..... And the combat.... dull and Flat.. no satisfaction at all.
    Also, the checkpoint system is broken. Hit a checkpoint, the compass stops working... leaving you wondering "Where the hell do I go now?!"

The only good thing this did, was to make me play the original Painkiller ten minutes later......Hell, it even makes Overdose look good.

the demo is unfinished and quite buggy

i'm sorry to post this in, but i'm hoping that these faults can be corrected in time for the game's release, because there are many other complaints online too

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmx View Post
    i am a Painkiller fanboy and i must get this to you really quick.............i'm sorry for the bad news that i'm about to convey to you concerning the demo

it is plainly horrible. The textures are incredibly low-res, stretched and even missing in some parts. Level design was poor. Enemy location... bad. Unfinished effects, bad clipping problems.
    The voice acting was horribly bad..... And the combat.... dull and Flat.. no satisfaction at all.
    Also, the checkpoint system is broken. Hit a checkpoint, the compass stops working... leaving you wondering "Where the hell do I go now?!"

The only good thing this did, was to make me play the original Painkiller ten minutes later......Hell, it even makes Overdose look good.

i'm sorry to post this in, but i'm hoping that these faults can be corrected in time for the game's release, because there are many other complaints online too
    You can not read or what ? The demo that was released was just old and in very alpha version, pure work in progress and it was released mistakenly, so do not panic, please...

Quote Originally Posted by Megalomaniac View Post
    We are very happy about the feedback concerning the demo but we are also sorry because we accidently released an old demo version. We really feel sorry for that. Next week we will release a demo version in the actual quality of the final game. So stay tuned and sorry for the inconvenience.
    Last edited by VenomX; 22-10-2009 at 17:59.

Quote Originally Posted by VenomX View Post
    You can not read or what ? The demo that was released was just old and in very alpha version, pure work in progress and it was released mistakenly, so do not panic, please...
    i do panic, that's why i posted it in
    but i'll wait and see what happens

Totally agree with

Quote Originally Posted by Null Set View Post
    No, this is actually terrible. The demo plays like an unfinished mod. The level design is abysmal. It takes forever to load (in comparison to Painkiller). It looks like no thought was put into any aspect of the design beyond copying and pasting weapons and enemies from Painkiller, then making a level that is far too large with too few enemies. If this is what is released to convince people to buy the game, then thinking the game is going to be any better is not just wishful thinking, it is delusional.

I loved Painkiller. This is not a Painkiller game. I don't know why the decision was made to rush this out the door, but from the looks of the demo, it needs another year- at LEAST.
    and

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmx View Post

but the worst my experience with the demo was THE FOG. The game runs at solid 50-100 FPS (like the original PK), but when there are white fog clouds on screen, it drops to unplayable 10-20 FPS. That's when it really feels like I'm in hell.

My HW is E6420, 8600GTS, 2GB. Maximum quality (except AA), 1680x1050.

No tits & fire yet. Not even close...

Stay tuned, guys. The real demo version will come soon and probably it will feature also some multiplayer action.

Lets bring back the pain to painkiller!

Stay tuned, guys. The real demo version will come soon and probably it will feature also some multiplayer action.

good luck and i'll keep my fingers crossed

Painkiller is a brilliant game, may it go on forever ...i love the Gothic style/ maps etc...... Painkiller is a classic, it has the best weapons and player agility in any game i've played...it's so responsive to your commands.

ok, the AI is very old nowadays, as is the Engine etc, but it blows games like Crysis out of the water... because it's simply, such a good shooter
    Last edited by malcolmx; 23-10-2009 at 01:31.

I gotta say I think you picked an odd level for the demo... the first part is pretty dull and while not boring, it's not going to convince someone that's sceptic about the game. Once you get past the initial canyon and pass the wooden bridge at the top it gets a lot better (the last part with the church ruin is truly awesome)

you have no idea how happy u make us feel :')

Oh YEAH, the hellish part of purgatory will tremble !! Painkiller already sharpened !!

Any news when the official (new) demo will be released?