+ Reply to Thread

News on the promised Add-On and Sequel. English version Discussion here.

It so happens that I don't speak German. But it somehow seems to me that the long ago promised Free Expansion to Anderson has already been released in Germany, or at least, there is SOME talk about it!

I kept asking about it here in the English Forum and I kept being ignored.

Then I also see this link in the German Forum to the Anderson Sequel (Rise of R'Lyeh), complete with a Teaser Trailer(!), with no talk at all in the English Forum!!

Has the English Forum and all the European-American Community been abandoned?

Maybe the game's English version didn't sell well, thus, any future plans for an English Add-On and Sequel have been cancelled?

Has the English version of the Add-On been canned? Will the Anderson II game be in German only for Germans only?

And yes, after a full year of my initial questions, I do expect to hear an answer here...
    Thus said The Beyonder.

Painkiller Developer
    Hauptmann Karotte

Exclamation

Hi Beyonder.

The AddOn has reached Beta phase last year and several levels were distributed to beta testers. The Feedback regarding the general idea and story was pretty good, yet the feedback regarding the quality of GFX and - most important - the performance was awful. We tried to get it better and had some minor techncial breakthroughs, but always a huge problem with CPU power drawn. Even with all optimizations it didn`t run on single core CPUs.

We went back to the hard work and worked on the engine and the renderer again...

...when we came in contact with Helix Software and their excellent EFX mod. For the first time we had the rendering power and features necessary to create something that doesn`t look TOTALLY outdated. However, this mod, if you want to make it right, requires soem tweakign of the assets, especially textures.
    We did that again.

Now we are in the pre-production phase of Anderson II which will be for sure released English and German. And when the production begins, we`ll make the special for the Anderson I customers parallel to the new game - with the same quality.

As you see, the Trailer on yotuube and on the fan sites is both German AND English.

Ah! That's more like it! So, when the time comes we'll get 2 things instead of just one!

Thank you very much for the info! And good luck with the release of Anderson 2! I sure hope the release is wider this time around (available to more countries) so I don't have to order it online. I'd love to see Anderson 2 available at my local shop here in Greece.
    Thus said The Beyonder.

Painkiller Developer
    Hauptmann Karotte
    A small update:

With the latest EFX being delivered for us for testing purposes, the developement has made some significant steps further. Soon we`ll present first screens.

IvanErtlov,
    This game is starting to sound really great, I have been trying to get through the Anderson I Demo, even with the up date it is still a chore.
    If this partII is as good or better than PK Res, it will be another great dirversion for me.
    Let me know if you need any testers .

Painkiller Developer
    Hauptmann Karotte
    Quote Originally Posted by wjregan View Post
    IvanErtlov,
    This game is starting to sound really great, I have been trying to get through the Anderson I Demo, even with the up date it is still a chore.
    If this partII is as good or better than PK Res, it will be another great dirversion for me.
    Let me know if you need any testers .
    Testers will be needed soon.

See:

http://arkhamsoft.com/arkhamboard/viewtopic.php?p=5168