Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Raconz O.D.

[JoWooD apologizes to the Gothic community] Discussion Thread

Due to increased pressure on JoWooD, after the failed launch of Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods, Michael Kairat, Executive Producer of JoWooD has released an official statement where JoWooD apologizes.

Quote Originally Posted by PC Games
    Gothic 3 : Forsaken Gods is full of bugs, just as the main game was. Fans are complaining about the poor quality of the game and JoWooD felt that it's time to release a statement in this regard:

First of all we want to thank the community for showing their support and we also want to thank those who have chosen to buy the game. Unfortunatey, it wasn't possible for us to release a game that could fully satisfy you, for different reasons.

The game was released this year because that was what we and the community desired. JoWooD and Trine have worked under a lot of pressure, and to repair some of the mistakes we released the game with a patch, hoping to make it better.

Michael Kairat, Executive Producer of JoWooD said: We are now getting the full "bill" from the community for our mistakes.

JoWooD Productions would like to present their apologies to the fans for releasing an unsatisfying game.

Furthermore Michael Kairat explained that in the next days a new patch will be released which will improve the quality of the game. It will be available for download on JoWooD's Official Website.

We also want to make a content patch which will include opinions, suggestions, wishes from the community. After the feedback from the community, we will release a statement regarding the patch.

Toghether with Spellbound we will make early beta tests for Arcania: A Gothic Tale, to be sure that past mistakes will not be repeated. JoWooD admits their mistake, and will prevent it from happening again, says Michael Kairat on behalf of the entire team.
    Source: 1 2 [in german]
    Last edited by Pericle; 28-11-2008 at 19:17.

what can i say... oO

Finally, something productive from JoWooD. Thank you.

Now can anyone make a proper translation. So that we can publish it and sticky it nicely!

Community Leader
    Knights of the 12th chalice
    Quote Originally Posted by Pericle View Post
    Finally, something productive from JoWooD. Thank you.

Now can anyone make a proper translation. So that we can publish it and sticky it nicely!
    It's a one page thingy which I could try this evening, but I'll have to do some other jobs first to set up my toko here in Fischbach. If anyone else wants to venture before that, feel free.

Raconz O.D.
    Here, i made a better translation :

Gothic 3 : Forsaken Gods is full of bugs, just as the main game was. Fans complain about the poor quality, and JoWooD felt that it's time to release a statement regarding the game.
    First of all we want to thank the comunity for showing their support and we also want to thank those who have chosen to buy the game.
    Unfortunatey, it wasn't possible for us to release a game that could fully satisfie you, from different reasons.
    The game was released this year because that was what we and the comunity desired.
    JoWooD and Trine have worked under a lot of pressure, and to repair some of the mistakes we relased the game with a patch, to try and make it better.
    Michael Kairat, Executive Producer of JoWooD said : We are now getting the "bill" from the comunity for our mistakes.
    JoWooD Productions would like to present their apologies to the fans for releasing an unsatisfying game.
    Furthermore Michael Kairat explained that in the next days a new patch will be released which will improve the quality of the game.
    It will be available for download on JoWooD's Official Website
    We also want to make a content patch which will include opinions, suggestions, wishes from the comunity.
    After the feedback from the comunity, we will release a statement regarding the patch.
    Toghether with Spellbound we will make early beta tests for Arcania : A Gothic Tale, to be sure that the past mistakes will not be repeated.
    JoWooD admits their mistake, and will prevent it from happening again, says Michael Kairat on behalf of the entire team.

Wow. They said something and even sayd srym8ts :O

its great that they Apologizes to us all.. but to be frank, then I want to see some action from jowood.. that patch better come very very soon.
    Hey guys... its me.. Blake...: Fat chicks need love to.... they just gotta PAY

So what, now we're supposed to shake hands and be friends again?
    I think that in business it doesn't quite work that way.

I also don't buy that so called "apology", because it stinks.
    So they released a buggy, unfinished and low quality product this year, because "they" and "THE COMMUNITY" wished it that way?
    Yeah, right. If they're so sincere in their intentions, then they'll make anything about improving the game, including patches and a lot of FREE CONTENT!
    Then I'll think about believing them.
    Valar morghulis

hope this will end the wave of snide comments. reading all these topics i found out 2 things:
    1) FG is in really bad condition
    2) community is cruel and relentless

one day FG will become a good game, worth of the 'gothic' name. this day ill buy it and i will enjoy it for sure.

have patience
    if you want to speed it up, provide some constructive criticism.
    Last edited by Flash_in_the_flesh; 28-11-2008 at 14:51.

Painkiller Developer
    Hauptmann Karotte
    Quote Originally Posted by borislav_ankov View Post
    If they're so sincere in their intentions, then they'll make anything about improving the game, including patches and a lot of FREE CONTENT!
    And that is what we are workign on now.

Quote Originally Posted by IvanErtlov View Post
    And that is what we are workign on now.
    Good to hear it, I just hope that history will not repeat itself *hint at Gothic 3's infamous patch*
    Valar morghulis

JoWooD apologizes to the Gothic community!

Sticky made! Thanks for the translation Raconz!
    Last edited by Pericle; 28-11-2008 at 15:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash_in_the_flesh View Post
    2) community is cruel and relentless

we are are relentless in pursuit of a good gothic game, we are not cruel

As for Jowood apology, actions speak lounder than words. Only good games will make the fans happy

Quote Originally Posted by alienmist View Post
    we are are relentless in pursuit of a good gothic game, we are not cruel

As for Jowood apology, actions speak lounder than words. Only good games will make the fans happy
    Those are true words. Just that the next time when JoWooD can exit this quagmire is with Gothic 4 release. Until then they have to swallow a lot of ****!
    Last edited by Pericle; 28-11-2008 at 15:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Pericle View Post
    Those are true words. Just that the next time when JoWooD can exit this quagmire is with Gothic 4 release. Until then they have to swallow a lot of ****!

Yep for sure, Gothic 4 will be there savior or there gravekeeper !!!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast