+ Reply to Thread

worst jowood game

it's the worst game released by jowood im really sad and confused

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Necro View Post
    7k:c isn't actually bad game. It has horde of bugs and it is more warlords battlecry-style and riso of nations-style game. And the fall into average and quite common style from very unique one is bad mark for Enlight.

If they will release 7K:AA with some patches for AI(ships etc. better diplomacy) and to repair the bug in multiplayer(which causes, that both player in one while starting playing singleplayer), and make the people in 7K:II bread faster(and other things), I and maybe whole 7K community will be more than happy.

Registered User valentineheart82's Avatar

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Necro View Post
    I absolutely agree, but this game would have been on the good side of passable a few years ago. I truly dislike this game, and even though it mustered two play throughs from me already, I'll never play it again I'm sure of that.

Considering JoWood's absolutely outstanding record I understand your confusion. I've never felt let down by a JoWood title before. To be honest I didn't feel let down by this one, it's a bit over priced for it's quality but it's worth playing, just not worth buying for more than $15 USD. When it's bargain binned I'll recommend it, but as it stands I recommend looking at their other titles instead.

Gothic 3 (if properly patched and on a half decent computer) is definitely a worthwhile title worthy of multiple play throughs and a god-mod play through (using cheats). Gothic 2 will NOT disappoint either, in fact many acclaim it as being better than Gothic 3 (I disagree). You can buy the entire Gothic collection and play through from the very beginning, and use cheats to preserve your character attributes, so I ABSOLUTELY recommend it.

If you're more of a strategy game fan, get the full Spellforce set instead, it'll be one of the best investments you've ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by valentineheart82 View Post
    I absolutely agree, but this game would have been on the good side of passable a few years ago. I truly dislike this game, and even though it mustered two play throughs from me already, I'll never play it again I'm sure of that.

Considering JoWood's absolutely outstanding record I understand your confusion. I've never felt let down by a JoWood title before. To be honest I didn't feel let down by this one, it's a bit over priced for it's quality but it's worth playing, just not worth buying for more than $15 USD. When it's bargain binned I'll recommend it, but as it stands I recommend looking at their other titles instead.

Gothic 3 (if properly patched and on a half decent computer) is definitely a worthwhile title worthy of multiple play throughs and a god-mod play through (using cheats). Gothic 2 will NOT disappoint either, in fact many acclaim it as being better than Gothic 3 (I disagree). You can buy the entire Gothic collection and play through from the very beginning, and use cheats to preserve your character attributes, so I ABSOLUTELY recommend it.

If you're more of a strategy game fan, get the full Spellforce set instead, it'll be one of the best investments you've ever made.
    And what about classic 7K:AA?

Registered User valentineheart82's Avatar

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Colombo View Post
    And what about classic 7K:AA?
    *grin* I forgot to menton them.

I think most 7K-fans won´t like Spellforce, since it´s a blend of RPG and that kind of ever-the-same, basic RTS-game that was revolutionized by 7K.

7K was a game that introduced real-time strategy at a broader scale, that included not just battles, but also diplomacy, economy and espionage. As far as I know, a similar game does not exist.
    Desperate 7K-fans might want to try Kohan II: Like 7K, it uses citys instead of bases, and it has a bunch of fresh and innovative features. Especially micromanagement is drastically reduced.

Considering JoWood's absolutely outstanding record...
    ...Gothic 3 (if properly patched and on a half decent computer)
    A game that was nearly unplayable for months after its release is not an example for an "outstanding record".

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Bob79 View Post
    A game that was nearly unplayable for months after its release is not an example for an "outstanding record".

I was able to play Gothic 3 out of the box and a patch was already released by the time I finished my first play through (which granted, took me a month and a half).

Gothic 3 was a truly epic game set on an epic scale, the overwhelming challenge and scale of the game is what turned many people off to it, but it's one of the things that endeared it to it's fans. Yeah there were problems playing it if you had a clunky computer that couldn't handle it, and some video cards had issues, but they came out with excellent patches to fix those issues.

JoWood is now on my **** list after Gothic 3: The Forsaken Gods and The Guild 2: Venice. In fact, I never plan to buy another JoWood title without reading the reviews and the forums first, because those two games show that they're willing to sell clearly broken products and keep selling them even after they admit their products are broken. Anyone doing that with anything other than videogames would be forced to stop and quite possibly recall their product.

Banned

You don't recommend? I thought it was supposed to be quite good?