Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch 1.12

Yep I Agree with Skiff.
    Reading this forum they can know what are the priority for their fan. Like main quest blocking and atmosphere braking bugs. Not inventory exploit sound problem camera controll or mission log (maybe only the shy dear ).

Seems thet thay have read only review and not this forum...

As soon I have finished to download the patch , put it on an USB pen and installed on my gaming rig I will try some “follow and protect the lemmings” quest.

Quote Originally Posted by lenoirrichelieu View Post
    sound fixed? Hmm. Then where is my 5.1? I still have to set my audio on stereo and using a trick of my soundcard to get sound in all boxes (thankyou Creative for this Audigy 2). If put on surround or 5.1 the sound is only ...in front but not rear or central or subwoofer.

-ambient? Still no sound of rain (but I heard the coulds' noises during rain but I don't know if it was before) and the waterfalls are the most quiet thing in the world (I still hear nothing around them even if I turn the music off) . And still you barely hear the animals (I had to put my music on ~30% and all rest on 100% to hear the scavenger barkling at me).
    I also have an Audigy 2, and used to complain about the surround sound not existing. Some how it just started working one day. Check your sound card settings. But just to help, here's what I was doing at the time: I had originally just kept my sound on stereo in the the game, but then I found the 'missing directories' thread and added them in. I tried surround sound and it worked, but NOT because of adding directories, because I took them out and it was still working. I'm still not sure why, because certainly something isn't right if you're still having problems and others have as well.

At any rate, I'm wondering why you're having trouble hearing animals, for me that's the loudest thing in the game, I kill those wolves cause I can't stand their whining. Maybe you have some environmental effects on in your Audigy menu?

Although I haven't had a chance to try the patch yet, I hope the rain makes sound and drawing the sword makes sound...

Sorry, I forgot some entries of the patchlog to quote here. The first post has been edited.

Quote Originally Posted by Glockenbeat View Post
    Sorry, I forgot some entries of the patchlog to quote here. The first post has been edited.
    Thanks for the update! Can you please give us the exact details of the various bugs which have been fixed in the quests?

Registered User lenoirrichelieu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mbuddha View Post
    I also have an Audigy 2, and used to complain about the surround sound not existing. Some how it just started working one day. Check your sound card settings. But just to help, here's what I was doing at the time: I had originally just kept my sound on stereo in the the game, but then I found the 'missing directories' thread and added them in. I tried surround sound and it worked, but NOT because of adding directories, because I took them out and it was still working. I'm still not sure why, because certainly something isn't right if you're still having problems and others have as well.

At any rate, I'm wondering why you're having trouble hearing animals, for me that's the loudest thing in the game, I kill those wolves cause I can't stand their whining. Maybe you have some environmental effects on in your Audigy menu?

Although I haven't had a chance to try the patch yet, I hope the rain makes sound and drawing the sword makes sound...
    Thanks for advices. But if you made somehow the sound to work that doesn't mean it is not bugged. Because it is supposed to install the game, set the desired audio and play. I checked up different configurations of soundcard with the audio put on 5.1 and simply doesn't work. Maybe I will try those missing directories too (I forgot to check the audio setup with those).

As for animals I can't hear them when they attack me. I hear the sound of a wolf. But for example I fought with a scavenger which made just a little noise. I didn't mean I have no sound but I have a a weak animal sound. And I have no enviromental settings on my soundcard.

Now back to patch 1.12.
    The good news: the console is working without making any directories.
    The bad news: the AI of NPC during a fight with an animal just a bit improved. Let me put 3 scenarios:

1. I lured a boar toward Chris (the 'great' lonely hunter in front) of Ardea). After a courageous start the stunlocks and imbecility of using the special move put the end to fight. The score: 1-0 for the boar.

2. Multiple orcs and single animal. Remember the fierce orcs on the hill in front of Ardea? I lured a wolf toward them. Terrible fight for about a minute (who said the game isn't challenging? ). After extended Krush Tarach blows the wolf deceased letting an orc with 1% health. Unfortunately the fight have gone toward those aggresivve boars. So after the wolf the orcs had to face THE BEASTS. Maybe they were too extenuated after the wolf because they didn't make it. The boars were triumphant.

3.Same orcs but a single boar (a bit hurted because of a stupid wolf interposed during the luring). In this case finally the orc warrior was triumphant.

4. Same orcs but ...2 boars. He he! Guess who won the fight. Of course my friends, the all-times mighty and ferocious boars.

Conclusion: the AI was improved as I don't expect a single boar to kill an entire town. But if you have to protect a follower I advise to keep the eyes opened.

@GhostFS: I hope I answered partially to your question in PM.
    Last edited by lenoirrichelieu; 20-12-2006 at 19:24.
    Freedom starts where human mind stops.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebulus View Post
    No performance improvement ? All this wait was in vain...
    I got 3 gb of ram and i guess the game will still be running like shit?

gothicz.net
    Yep, I can confirm that NPCs are bit stronger and "smarter" now, but they should be much much stronger (why they don´t make it like in Gothic 1???).

Performance is pretty much the same tho, but it´s good to hear a waterfall

Overall, patch is good and defo improves the game

PS: nice one Namless2

Quote Originally Posted by Aldek View Post
    Even longer? Hmm i hope that they will fix it before G4..... almost a good christmas present... "almost" makes a diffrence...
    I really hope G4 will be made by guys who will finish their work before launching it on the market. Who the hell is the manager at that company?

I wish everyone would quit complaining about the combat......get your heads out of your asses, the change to the combat system was something that the developers actively chose to change and they WILL NOT change it back to G1/G2 style with a patch.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisman View Post
    I wish everyone would quit complaining about the combat......get your heads out of your asses, the change to the combat system was something that the developers actively chose to change and they WILL NOT change it back to G1/G2 style with a patch.
    Fair enough! The combat system was overhauled to make it more "user-friendly' for the US market.

But, if you remember correctly, G2 gave us the option to choose which combat routine the player liked best.

Wouldn't be a nice thing if this same option was implemented in G3, thus pleasing eveybody?

Quote Originally Posted by Figuramatyi View Post
    Not to mention that I REFUSE TO PLAY A GAME IN 2006 w/o FSAA!!! It is not 2002 anymore, Dear PB!!!
    Ditto. AA is a must. I'm not even thinking about G4 or anything else from PB if they won't let me play G3 at all. And regardless of how tolerant other people are to seeing garbage on their screens, I can't play without AA.

What is AA/FSAA? 20 characters

Registered User lenoirrichelieu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisman View Post
    What is AA/FSAA? 20 characters
    AA means Antialiasing. This feature makes the lines more smooth, not like un interrupted line for example.
    Freedom starts where human mind stops.

AA is nice to see... but hardly a "bug that waste the game".

I cant use AA anyway... too slow video card

OT
    Holland is one of the most advanced democracy in Europe.
    Few my friend come to Holland to work as researcher (here in Italy is difficult to work as researcher) and they are really enthusiastic of your country. I Hope to come to visit them next year.

And anyway... statistic says that in EU the highest number of prostitutes work here in Italy.

STOP !!!

Do not download or even install the patch which has been linked here.

It is a buggy version which might cause the game to crash or even bar it from running.
    I deleted the links given in here.

For this reason expect the patch to be released tomorrow.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast