+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Applying german patch to english version?

Hello, I got a bit tired of all the crashes and I figured I'd try installing the german patch. At first it complained that my config.ini was the wrong version, but it passed fine when I cleverly changed the line

// Language for localization
    Language = "english"

to

Language = "german"

After that though, it prints the same "version problem" error message for the file DB\text.dbt

The header for that file for me says version 1.02. Since that file already contains english/german text, I don't see why it won't just patch over it.

Anyone has a suggestion? Other than waiting however long Jowood feels for an official english patch I mean. I'm pretty sure the game would work just fine with the german patch, and so what if a few new strings in the game happen to be converted to german or whatnot. At least it'll be playable.

Im not very good at messing with this, but if you do find more information, post it... game is nearly unplayable, and I can't do LAN with my brother wich really sucks (Out of sync all the time), so if the patch fix all that it'd be great

They will release another Hotfix for the MP-part and some bugs in Singleplayer (http://forum.jowood.de/showthread.php?t=122230) today. Hope you'll be able to use both patches soon.

Success!

After having to reinstall twice and some help from a very nice german user, I managed to install the german patch to the english version. I've played the game for 5 hours straight without a single crash, finally I managed to enjoy the game without seeing my desktop every 20 minutes.

Ok, here are the 71 step instructions to install the german patch on the UK version of The Guild II (ok just kidding, 6 steps). All paths are relative to the game folder :

1 - Open config.ini and change

Language = "english"

to

Language = "german"

2 - Open \Resources\loca.txt, change ENG to GER

3 - There are 4 tiny files that didn't match the patcher's version checking, for some reason. With the help of this fore-mentionned german user, I was able to replace those files. Get them here :

http://rapidshare.de/files/34261360/...files.rar.html

Just extract in the game's root folder, I've already included the proper paths in the archive.

4 - If you want to keep the english splash screen when the game starts (the little window you see when starting the game, before the actual video mode switch), make a backup of \Resource\Startup_ENG.bmp. For some reason the patcher helpfully deletes that file after it's done. Not that it's very important anyway.

5 - Apply the german 1.1 patch

6 - Restore the config.ini to english, loca.txt to ENG and your .bmp splash screen. Play the game with much increased enjoyment.

Is it possible for anyone to host/post the above files anywhere else accept Rapidshare please.

Having great difficulty getting the file down and like everyone else i would love to play the game without it crashing every 5mins !

Thanks in advance if someone would be kind enough to post/host elsewhere

I can't update!

The updater tells me that the loca.txt fil is wrong. I did as you wrote; changed the text from ENG to GER... But it won't work...

Any hints?

Files

OK, After a shedload of hassle i got the files from Rapidshare.

Where would be the best place to upload them so everyone can get 'em faster??

PS. I followed the instructions above and the Patch worked FINE.

thx
    Last edited by WishMaster74; 24-09-2006 at 16:28.

Anarchist until death
    i went ahead and put the archive on my server in colorado (in the US) .. hopefully more people can get them now

http://www.emperion-empire.com/Guild-GER-files.rar

your a star !!

lets now hope this patching thing works

ok patching worked, followed the instructions above and it all worked fine.

Game loaded fine and now says version 1.1

just got to play it and see what happens,ill report back if there are any problems , but hopefully ill be gone for some hours

it doesn't work for me..

if you followed the instructions above you shouldnt have any problems, try again taking it slowly and following them step by step

I even backed up the dirs the rar files were going to replace incase of problems, but there was none.

You sir, win many many internets points! You are an hero! Har

It worked for me, however, it did get me an error on loca.txt at first

Because the original file is
    ------
    eng

------

yes, that's right, it's "eng", and then press enter to go on second line... when I first changed it, I typed "ger' and left it at that... gave me an error when trying to patch, I simply had to go and press enter after ger so my cursor was was going on the second line, saved it like that and it didnt give me any conflict to patch

-----------------

Thanks again man, you rock, hopefulyl Ill be able to play this without crashing and maybe even play without the "out of synch"

Always glad to be of help.

Unfortunately seifer, the multiplayer just doesn't work right... I tried playing many multiplayer games so far, and the longest they've lasted was 15 minutes. I hope they'll release a new multiplayer patch soon.

Sorry about the rapidshare thing, I just didn't feel like linking to my own box, in case Jowood takes weeks to release a patch and having thousands of users downloading it from my home line. Anarchyrising came to the rescue, but for reference, are there better free file distribution sites to use next time?

Anarchist until death
    im sure that there are better free ones... i think the main problem were the US people downloading from the .de free file site .. i know that even this site (tg2 in de) runs like a snail for me on a 12mbit downstream ... as for the US i dont know any free ones because i have my own sorry man

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast