+ Reply to Thread

I just got this game.

I like it.

The opening screen shot does not make her face look good.

She looks better when you play the game..
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Signature exceeded maximum height of 100 pixels - deleted by Hellmaker

I just finished the game.

You only got to shoot things up at the end of it.
    The first 3/4's of the game you just crouched around.

Who was the guy/girl that programed her to shoot like she can't hit any thing.
    Your fired.

I give this game a 4. 10 being the best.

Why:
    Bad stuff
    1. To much crouching and not enough shooting.
    2. Game was to short.
    3. I never could get a weapon for the 1 key.
    4. The EPU could not see any powerups (healthpacks, amo, weapons...etc)
    5. Crashed to desktop alot.
    6. She shakes to much when she shoots.

Good stuff
    1. Graphics were good.
    2. Story line was ok.
    3. Lots of saved spots for the game.
    4. Heather De Lisle has a nice voice...She spoke for Ms Hawk..I think?
    5. Ms Hawk has a nice butt..I'm a guy so it's nice watching hers, then some guys in a video game.
    6. I only paid about $13.00 for the game. It came in a Encore triple play pack. With Panzer Elite-Special edition. K. Hawk-Survival instinct and New World Order.
    7. Ms Hawk looks good in her underware.

For a 2 year old game. It's ok. Not good, just ok.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

K.Hawk Survival Instinct Walkthrough Part 1.

K.Hawk Survival Instinct Cheats
    K.Hawk Survival Instinct Walkthrough
    K.Hawk Survival Instinct Game Review

by Rich
    harvardguy@pobox.com
    10/20/04

K.HAWK SURVIVAL INSTINCT CHEATS

There are only two cheats:

Any time during game play, just type 5 letters on your keyboard and hit enter:

1. For unlimited life, and maximum ammo, type: lumo3, (hit enter)
    2. To jump to the next level, type: 3mulo (hit enter)

A big banner will appear on the screen titled "CHEAT" and you will know you were successful.

K.HAWK SURVIVAL INSTINCT GAME REVIEW

THE GAME AND THE GRAPHICS GET BETTER AND BETTER
    The whole purpose of writing this is to let you know - to further your enjoyment - that this is really quite a nice game with a lot of enjoyable graphics, and a lot of enjoyable gameplay, which you may even want to come back to from time to time and play again. (I especially love the last level.) Initially I must say that I was quite frustrated at the beginning of playing this game and in fact I was ready to toss it out. I have a little friend who comes over once in a while, and he bought the game at some Target store somewhere for $5. I thought "Sure! Probably a piece of junk." After playing it for a short while - I still had the same opinion!

I had just gotten back from Seattle at the end of September, where I went to pay a surprise visit on a very close relative who works for Valve. I stopped by at his office, and after he got over the shock of seeing me there (I live in LA) he asked me if I wanted to play-test Half Life 2, about two weeks before the official release date! What do you think I said? I answered, "No, not really, I thought I'd spend some time at the Mall. Thanks, but I'll pass." I'm lying!! DID I REALLY HEAR HIM ASK ME IF I WANTED TO PLAYTEST THE MOST HIGHLY ANTICIPATED SEQUEL OF ALL TIME!! I went into shock myself - he got me back for the surprise visit. Quick like a bunny I moved my rental car over to the free parking at the mall, then hurried back to spend about 5 hours diving into Half Life 2. Wow!! No question this game is going to win for Valve another Best Game of all Time title, just like the original Half Life. The intensive two-year effort that all those guys, including my close relative, put into creating this, has paid off with a flat-out masterpiece. No respectable gamer who likes first-person shooters is going to miss having this in his or her collection!

Anyway, this is not a review of Half Life 2, but I just wanted to establish a reference point. I had just spent some time playing the greatest game of all time, so I had really high expectations. I knew K.Hawk, written in 2002, costing today $5 or $10 or $15 bucks was not going to be the same extraordinary achievement, but the game turned out to be a lot better than I thought it was at first. Now, having played the whole game, and having gone back many times to replay certain parts, especially the last chapter, I have to say that if Half Life 2 is a 10, this game, K.Hawk Survival Instinct, is probably a 6, which is still very respectable and still makes it a good game to play, in my opinion.

So, my first word of advice is, GIVE THE GAME A CHANCE. This is not a RUN AND GUN type of game, although you can try that approach and it will work depending on where you are and how much ammo you have. On the other hand, the last chapter is completely RUN AND GUN, and then if you like that kind of action, you are absolutely going to love the rocket launcher - it's one of the best weapons I have ever blown somebody away with - it is soooo smooth!!

Early in the game, I actually got so I enjoyed creeping around, but I understand this may not be everybody's favorite style, and maybe it depends on the mood you are in. Going on the internet, looking for a walkthrough, I found a lot of negative comments about having to be stealthy. So I guess most of the time we like Run and Gun. Far Cry, I found, could be played either way. It took me about a half hour to sneak over to the machine gun battlement in the demo after I got tired of blowing everybody away with the patrol boat rockets. And then the machine gun was crazy action, trying to make sure one of the guys hadn't sneaked around behind me since the machine gun wouldn't rotate that far. My close relative at Valve is absolutely great at RUN AND GUN. We came back to Valve another day and I watched him do some play testing of his own, picking up and throwing barrels at everything, shooting every exploding barrel he could find, and blasting through everybody without hardly losing any life! He makes me look like a beginner!

In my opinion, the main problem with K.Hawk Survival Instinct, is that the company didn't have it in the development budget to spend much time on play-testing. Not enough people said "That doesn't make sense - that's too confusing." That's why I believe this walkthrough will help you.

Graphics-wise, I was impressed. Of course, you are not going to see the equivalent of the graphics of Half Life 2, or of Far Cry, but for a two year old game, you are going to see some pretty nice stuff. Just as good as Max Payne, I think. And the game offers so much variety packed into one game, that after about 20+ hours of play, I remain pretty enthusiastic. In fact, this evening, a friend came over, and he and I jumped on my computer again (2 gighz Pentium 4, with 1 gig ram, ATI 9800 board with 256mb ram) and we played the last level (with the rocket launcher) for about 2 hours. We figured out how to get through it without the lumo3 invincible cheat. This game is a hard game. Unlike Far Cry or Half Life, there is no Easy, Normal, or Hard setting. The game comes with one setting already chosen: "HARD AS HELL." But that is actually how I like to play, however it requires a lot of saving and going back to the saved game (F2 and F3).

One area that I believe they did a really good job in is the music and other sounds. You might not think this matters that much, but the reason I never went back and finished Sin was because the music, which featured a repetitive theme played in some key of E flat minor (or ??) began to depress me too much. The music in this game is upbeat and adds to the action and to the suspense. I believe it's better than the music in Max Payne, or in the original Half Life. The ambient sounds are great also. Believe me, the growling and grunting of the tigers was scary, and in the duel with the sniper the chirping birds and other jungle noises added greatly to the realism!

K.HAWK SURVIVAL INSTINCT WALKTHROUGH

6 BASIC TIPS

1. SAVING GAMES: Additionally, my suggestion is: Do a complete sector save, as soon as the screen says: ENTERING A NEW SECTOR. That is not how I did it but I wish I had. The reason for this is that, when you actually do enter the sector a few seconds later, but before you can save, a cut-scene video plays. The way I saved it I am in each sector after the cut-scene, but this is the wrong way to do it because sometimes the cut-scene gives you valuable tips, if not at least some interesting video action. Seeing Kitty in the liquid filled glass enclosure wearing just panties and a bra after she gets captured, was a trip! She's pretty hot in her jump suit, and really hot in her underwear! But when I return to that sector, I won't get to see that video. Damn! They give you only 14 saves, and there are 10 chapters, so if you save at the beginning of each sector, there are only 4 more places to save. Or you can find the savegame folder and copy it, and then remove games (don't remove the first two) and allow yourself an unlimited number of saves that way, 14 per folder.

2. SNOOPING AROUND: The more you snoop around the more ammo and health you will find. Just like with Half Life.

3. GRAPHICS SETTING: If you have the strength in your graphics card, choose the 32 bit color depth, and uncheck the box for compressed graphics. This will give you the sharpest picture. I played the entire game through the other way, 16 bit color and compressed graphics, and I still was impressed. Only today, in going back, did I learn it could be even better. Additionally, until today, I never noticed the + sign to the right of the 1024 x 760 default video setting that today allowed me to go clear to 1600 x 1200! Even sharper graphics!

4. THE DUEL TO THE DEATH OPPONENT HEALTH METER

There are four duels to the death: 1. The duel with the sniper, 2. the duel with the laser-eyed guy, 3. the duel with Jeffries, 4. the final duel with the Colonel. In each of these duels you get to a point where you can't save - you have to try to get through the duel alive. In each duel they show a red bar at the bottom which is the health of your opponent. You can tell if you are making any progress that way.

5. SKIPPING A CUT SCENE VIDEO

The duel with the sniper starts with a cut scene, depending on where you were able to do your last save (maybe you can save it after the cut scene.) If you don't want to watch the cut scene over and over (who does?) just hit the space bar.

6. KEY CARDS

To use a key card, use I inventory, select the item you want (scroll with period or comma) and with the item glowing, press the use key (E). You have to do this with Kitty right in front of the card reader ready to press it.

LEVELS

TUTORIAL:

Do yourself a favor and play the tutorial. In my intense frustration, I went on the web to try to find a walkthrough for this game, which there isn't one (maybe this will become one) and I found postings from people like "How do I avoid the security cameras?" If you play the tutorial it teaches you that. A couple of quick notes about the tutorial. First of all, it is goddamn hard to hit the moving targets 30 times, with 60 bullets (you have to be 50% accurate) within the allowed time limit. Get as close to the railing as possible. Follow the targets from left to right where they move slower, use the right mouse to engage the scope, and try to make your shots count! Second of all, don't give up on the tutorial like I did thinking the programming was wrong, when you can't open the gate with the passcard. That cost me two or three hours later when I came upon the first passcard situation. I guess every game is a little different. Sin just required you to have gotten the card off some dead scientist. But this game requires you to get in position to hit the Use key (E), and then you have to pull up your inventory (I key) and then scroll to the passcard (period key or comma) and when the passcard is highlighted, if you then hit E, Kitty will touch the card reader and the gate will open, voila!

DUE TO SIZE LIMITATIONS ON THE POST, I HAD TO CUT UP THE WALKTHROUGH INTO SECTIONS - THIS IS THE END OF SECTION 1.

K.Hawk Survival Instinct Walkthrough Part 2.

DUE TO SIZE LIMITATIONS ON THE POST, I HAD TO CUT UP THE WALKTHROUGH INTO SECTIONS - THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF SECTION 2.

Chapter 1 - STRANDED

Your helicopter gets shot down and you are on a remote island - I wonder if this is where the Far Cry guys got their story line. The opening graphics in this entire sector are not as good as the graphics get later on. That's why your first opinion may match one review I read when I was looking for the non-existent walkthrough "If the game only holds your attention for an hour, what good is it that you only paid $10 for it?" The graphics get much better later on.

By the way, in keeping with the hard game play, the people you shoot don't go down easy (until later when one shot to the head with the silencer pistol will take them out.) You will have to unload about 6 rounds to take a guard out, while one or two from the guard will sometimes take you out (watch your health and be prepared to use the M key which adds 30 to your life, if you have extra medipacks in your inventory - collect every one you come across!)

Give the game a break and attribute it to the armor they are wearing, although it doesn't seem to matter if you shoot them in the head (until you get the silencer pistol.)

If you think this ****s, try playing the original Half Life at the Hard setting. Last Christmas, in the scene at the top of the elevator, the first time you reach the surface, instead of waiting in the cover of the partially lowered elevator, I went to the inside front of the hangar and I juiced up my life and my suit, and I placed the shotgun and the machine gun on the quick change key. While everybody else watched a movie, with headphones on, I stayed up til the wee hours of the morning, replaying that one scene for about 5 hours until I could reliably kill all three soldiers and remain at 100% life. My close relative who works at Valve, and another close relative gamer, were amazed to see me shotgun a marine right in the face, without killing him. True, he might come back into the hangar later limping, but he definitely was not dead, was he. Since both those relatives believe in playing at the "normal" setting, they had never seen a guy take a shotgun blow at close range to the face and come back for more. So don't put K.Hawk game down for that - you are playing at the HARD level, so be prepared for a real challenge.

Note: When I found a gun the first time at the place where I found the radio, the mapping device disappeared from the upper left corner of the screen. I thought, a bug!! No, it's not a bug. The mapping device is turned off when you are holding a gun. My assistant asked why. I said, "Well, it's an inventory item, and in this game, you are either 1. holding the mapping device 2. holding a rifle, or 3. holding a pistol. (The one exception to this is that you can throw a grenade at any time by hitting G, but you holster your gun when you do this.) By the way, those are the numbers you hit for each item, or you can scroll with the scroll wheel on the mouse. This game also limits you to one type of rifle, or one type of pistol. Keep that in mind, because while I truly loved the silencer, as I was going through the labs later I wished I had picked up the berreta when I had a chance - 40 bullets instead of the 3 silencer rounds I had left!

So, if you look around, in the first part of the island, near the beach, you will find both 10 rounds of ammo, and a pistol - but not in the same place. Snoop around, but don't get caught by the guards. And get used to saving your position with the F2 key, because 5 seconds later a guard may turn around and the screen starts lighting up red as you are steadily blown away! When that happens, hit F3 and try it again. I played almost the entire several chapters compeletely at stealth until I had accumulated about 120 rounds of bullets. But you don't have to be that stealthy if you want to kick some ass from time to time.

It's better not to use the gun right away. The reviewer I mentioned earlier said that you absolutely can't afford to shoot anybody, because that draws all the guards on you. I just demonstrated to my assistant that this isn't necessarily true. If you kill a guard, you better be prepared to run like hell, or find a really good hiding spot, because this sounds a general alarm, and every guard in that immediate area (probably at least 6) will come swarming down on you. But you can often out-run them. Or if you just hide really well, they calm down after a minute or so. Your mapping device lets you know when they have calmed down, the bright yellow wide arcs of vision turn back to narrow green cones. The trouble with trying to play the game Run and Gun is that there are guards everywhere. So you will quickly run into other guards who will take you out. The stealth method is a more reliable way to play. Let's see if you can have some patience for a change! (Just kidding.)

If you forget what you are supposed to do, find the communicator in your inventory list, and hit the use key to get the latest tip. The tip will usually be associated with a compass heading so use your mapping device most of the time, or you will be going the wrong way a lot. In the first sector you have to reach two bases. The first base is at a harbor. When you get there, if you don't have a gun yet you will get one near the radio location. It's not a silencer, so be careful whom you shoot. I was on the boat and I shot the first guy who came over, just for the fun of it, when I replayed the first sector today. The alarm sounded, but I hid behind some boxes, and nobody found me. Things quieted down and I went back to being stealthy.

Later, when you start to use the silencer, be sure to pick up (Q key) the dogtags of any soldier you kill, which causes the body to disappear, otherwise finding a guard's body raises the alarm, which of course makes sense. (Taking the dogtags, I guess, is equivalent to real life having to drag the body away to a hiding place. Another friend who likes Hit Man tells me that you actually have to drag the bodies away.)

Chapter 2 - BAPTISM OF FIRE

This sector is in an energy plant - the graphics are excellent. This game is not completely linear like almost all of Half Life or Max Payne. You start out in one area of the plant, and then you go to a second area, and then you have to come back to the first area. If I had known that, it would have saved me a lot of time. By the way, when you get a tip, or a cut-scene illustrating what you are supposed to do next, ala Max Payne style, watch it a bunch of times. This is the beautiful part about using the F2 save button frequently. I watched the video showing where the elevator was about 10 times, before I decided that it definitely wasn't where I was at.

In the first part of the plant, if you want to raise a little hell, and see if you can hide from the guards, shoot some of the yellow barrels when one particularly troublesome guard walks near them. He will be blown away but of course the alarm will sound. Then go through the door that leads to the middle part of the level, and you might have to shoot that one guard who keeps walking around the computer that connects the two parts of the plant. I played it the stealth way, and finally made it. Press both computer buttons which are indicated, but of course not the red alarm buttons, those are for the guards to press if they see you. The computer buttons will turn off the safety over-ride for the big pump in the second part of the building. When you later accelarate the machine it will go so fast that it will blow up and catch on fire, which diverts the guards so you can get to the other side, where there is a little room where you can activate the elevator power. Then return to the first room and take the elevator up to the second level.

Chapter 3 - ESCAPE

Just for fun I played the game just now the way I played it again in my frustration after I couldn't work the key card. I had 61 rounds of pistol ammo. I stood right behind the automatic door where the first guard enters, and kept on firing and reloading. Taking only minimal damage, about 30, I used 34 rounds and took out 5 guards. This allowed me to roam the first part of the level, setting off security camera everywhere I went. That's not how I played it the first time, but if you have lots of ammo and you are tired of stealth, try it for a change. In the manager's office you will find a blue key card. The map indicates two main doors with arrows. You might think they go to the same place, but they don't. In fact, when I first played, I was so concerned with avoiding the guards, it took me quite a while to figure out that there were 2 separate doors. Guess what, they take 2 different key cards. And they lead to entirely different areas!

Remember, to use the card, scroll to the card in your inventory, and then press the use key when Kitty is right in front of the card reader. The blue key card takes you into a section where you will eventually find a room that has a sort of closet containing the silencer pistol. You actually have to enter the at the end of a hallway, while the guard who never really leaves the room, turns his back. That makes it quite scary - he is right there behind you. Once you get the silencer try it out on him - he goes down with one bullet to the head - oh joy. Now you can take out certain guards without raising all hell! Use the next bullet on the guy with the red beret who is carrying the red key card, which you will need to use to open the second door.

The beautiful thing about the silencer is that you can take out a guard, if there are just too damn many guards and it is hard to sneak around. But use the silencer bullets sparingly. You only start with 10, and you don't get too many more later. By the way, you have to leave behind your other pistol, which if you are like me you might have 50 rounds left, for the silencer and its 10 rounds.

The blue card takes you into a room where a cut scene shows you your ultimate escape route - a crane hoists a huge metal container to the top of the building. You can't use the crane right now, it isn't turned on. When you get up and kill the guy with the red beret, and then go back through the door that takes the red key card, you will get to a section where you go down a hall past two guards, and enter a room with a guard and scientist. They have their backs turned to you. This was one of my favorite parts which I saved as a complete game save. The idea is, can you take out both guys with the silencer, without raising a general alarm? You might want to wait until the guards outside have left the general area. Then shoot the guard first, then hit the second guy who doesn't have a weapon, before he can press the red alarm button. If the guards come you will be able to kill them with one silencer round each, but why waste these precious bullets? Then turn on the machine until the lift is at level four, now you have to get back to the blue card room and ride the container to the top of the building. That takes you to an area where you are able to activate a railroad car. As the cut scene shows you leaving on your railroad, a soldier fires a rocket at you, and the tunnel explodes.

DUE TO SIZE LIMITATIONS ON THE POST, I HAD TO CUT UP THE WALKTHROUGH INTO SECTIONS - THIS IS THE END OF SECTION 2.

K.Hawk Survival Instinct Walkthrough Part 3.

DUE TO SIZE LIMITATIONS ON THE POST, I HAD TO CUT UP THE WALKTHROUGH INTO SECTIONS - THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF SECTION 3.

Chapter 4 - HUNTER INSTINCT

You come out of a cave, just barely surviving the explosion of the tunnel. Instead of heading left, to go up the trail, turn right for a second. I didn't do that until just now, writing this. It's beautiful! You immediately come to a deadend, a broken bridge, where you can pick up some health, and listen to the first scientist CD log, something about a laser beam. Most of all you are perched on this bridge, looking at two beautiful waterfalls and a lot of jungle scenery. If Far Cry is a 10, this is probably at least a 6, which is still damn good.

This section features a really cool jungle. Several cut scenes show 4 swat team type guys after you, so you can't linger too much or go back. When you come to the place where you find a berreta, my advice is, forget about your precious silencer for now, grab the handgun with all of its wonderful bullets (that you are already carrying) - you are probably going to need it.

As I said, the jungle is beautiful, and there is a nicely detailed wrecked WWII plane, just like in Far Cry. This game was made in Germany. The reason I know this is because I got stuck in a rocky crack one time and I couldn't get out - I had to reload, and a message in German came on the screen. Anyway, Germany is where the developers of Far Cry, the company Crytek, is located. I haven't scanned the credits but if some of the artists aren't the same, I am sure they at least all know each other and borrow from each other's work.

Also, it starts to rain in this level. The rain looks really cool, like in Max Payne.

You will eventually pick up a rifle - but not a scope rifle. To get the scope you have to kill the sniper who is after you. That is just about impossible to do. I read on the internet where people got stuck at this point. One guy said, "Yeah, I used the invincible cheat for that level." I did too. (lumo3). Once I became invincible, I found that about 10 shots of my rifle at close range finally killed the guy, and then I got his sniper rifle.

Now that you know you just have to hit the guy a bunch of times (and if you let things progress until he takes off his armor and is bare-chested, it doesn't matter - I hit him at least 4 or 5 times that way and he still didn't go down) you might be able to play it without the invincibility turned on. The best thing to do, I think, is circle around way to the far left, as far left as you can, all the way almost to the bridge, and try to sneak up on him, the distance indicator tells you when you are getting close, at 25 meters crawl and you'll spot him. And then fire as many times as you can to do as much damage as you can, before he starts running. In the game he doesn't even notice you are shooting him for the first 10 rounds. I guess they do this deliberately so you have a chance to weaken him to eventually kill the guy.

The red bar at the bottom of the screen tells you when you are hitting him - each hit makes just a small dent in his life, maybe 3%. My friend, who is an excellent player, came within 10% of killing the sniper - his technique was to pop up from behind a boulder, take a quick shot, and pop back down without being shot. Every time he did this the red bar got a little smaller and I yelled "You got him!" When the sniper starts running and you chase him, if he stops and starts shooting back, take cover. The sniper rifle is very powerful and one solid hit will kill you even if you are at full life. Eventually he takes off his mask and coat and goes shirtless - which makes him even harder to spot. And they turn off the distance meter to make things interesting. The only way you know you're close is when his red health bar appears at the bottom of your screen.

Anyway, I saved the chapter again at the point just before the sniper guy shows up, because I think the whole way they designed the jungle combat with the sniper guy is a really cool part of the game. Not only is the music nice, but the chirping of the birds and other ambient jungle noise sounds very realistic. I can play it now any time I want, and I just hit the space bar if I don't want to watch the sniper getting Kitty's head in the cross hairs of his scope.

By the way, if you say "To hell with this!" and you try to use your regular rifle, like I did just now, to take out the two guards on the watchtower, yes, you definitely can do that. I had wondered about that before. I thought, "I'll take out the guys with the rifle I have and cross the bridge." But as soon as Kitty heads across the bridge, she stops and says "What the hell" and they show a new cut scene that I never saw before with the sniper taking dead aim. Boom!

You have to kill the damn sniper, that's all there is to it. If you have to be invincible to do it, then type lumo3 and hit enter. Bingo, Kitty is superwoman. Let the sniper be the one who is frustrated as he fires bullet after bullet at you in close range, while you casually reload, only to return the fire until he drops! Invincibility is nice for a change of pace! But don't play the whole game that way, too easy it will be boring as hell!

Chapter 5. NO WAY BACK

This is kind of a fun chapter, but it also can be frustrating. But not so much if you read this. I actually missed an important cue because I didn't replay two guards talking with each other inside the building. One guy said "I left my red key card in the missile room, but now the air conditioning system is turned on." The other guy told him to just wait, and also that the missile room codes were in the boss' office outside in the courtyard area. I missed the tip about the red key card and I couldn't find it anywhere.

So I saved where I was, and replayed that chapter, but this time I shot my way in because now I had the sniper rifle. It actually isn't too bad to go in that way. It raises the alarm, but you only have to kill 5 guards and with the sniper rifle they go down easily. You get a pair of wire cutters, which I just now found out work only on one section of the fence, over on the left. Yesterday I thought, "Wire cutters and no wire that can be cut!" Every section of the fence looks the same. Half Life would have helped you out a little by showing a slight rip in the fence. These Jowood guys just expected you to try the whole entire fence, but that didn't occur to me until today. Anway, just keep hitting the use key with the inventory showing wire cutters, and you will find the magical part of the fence where the cutters work. Ah hah!

However, I found out yesterday that if I shoot through the gate, it will open automatically. I guess they built that in after some play-testers complained that the wire cutters didn't work. So, you have your choice, sleuth your way in, or shoot your way in. If you're shooting, make sure you take out both watch tower guards.

Once you get further in, you can use your silencer pistol. I actually had 109 rounds of silencer pistol by this time of the game! Make sure you take the dog tags of anybody you kill so their body disappears, or a dead body will raise the alarm.

One final tip. When you get into the room just before the missile room, the one where the map shows an arrow which requires the first key card you will find, when you press a series of four buttons on a machine, and then you go to another machine, a cut scene will play showing the refrigeration alternating, and showing you the location of the red key card. You have to dodge the freezing blasts of air to get to the card. The cut scene lasts for about 30 seconds, with almost nothing happening. If you are like me, you will think that the computer has frozen.

I completely missed the point that in a corner was the red key card - because I had missed the cue between the guys - I should have replayed that conversation over and over which I did the second time, 3 hours of frustration later, when I blasted my way into the compound. (I actually had to blast in twice. The first time I blasted everybody, and accidentally killed the two guards who were to have the conversation I needed. The second time I only blasted my way into the first part, because I needed the guards alive so I could hear them talk about the red key tag. Do you see why I was feverishly looking for a walkthrough? This is the first computer game I ever played without referring at least once to an internet walkthrough, because I couldn't find one. So in one sense I'm very proud of myself, that's why I'm writing this!)

Anyway, JoWood should have put an indicator on the scene, counting backward from 30 down to 1, so you would know the computer hadn't frozen. I did that several times, each time thinking the game was broken at this spot, trying to hit the Esc key or whatever. I figured it was like getting stuck between a rock and a boulder which had happened to me earlier in the first chapter - another bug which turned out to be nothing but my impatience!

When you finally get into the computer room with the red key card, you hit a button which lowers an elevator. You then blow up the control room, and then you have a duel to the death with the very loud freaky guy with a laser beam eye. Note: you already have a scope rifle, but the scope rifle they offer you in this round is much more powerful, and has a much larger zoom on the scope. That's the one you will need to take the idiot out. And it won't be easy. If you get really frustrated, type: 3mulo and hit enter, and you will jump to the next level. (I think I tried the lumo3 invincible cheat and it didn't work.) You see, when you kill the guy, which I was able to do only one time, two bad guys come up from behind you and knock you out.

You might want to try the technique I used the one and only time I killed the guy. I actually did not pick up the powerful scope rifle at first. I emptied round after round on the laser eyed guy with the standard scope rifle I had, which reloads 30 rounds at a time, until I ran out of bullets. There is also something about waiting until the red laser screen blocking your shot clears up so you can get in a good hit. Then finally I grabbed the new scope rifle which has to be reloaded every two rounds, because it shoots some kind of elephant bullets. And the clown died after only a couple shots. (It was really freaky to watch the Apache helicopter follow my every move part way into the scene - I wondered when the Gatling Gun was going to cut me to shreds. That was a nice touch.)

Chapter 6. THE REVELATION

So now you are in your underwear in a cylindrical tank as they begin to convert you to one of their little monsters. One of the scientists turns out to have a conscience - the same one you met in the 2nd chapter.

This is a very short chapter. You find the mapping device and then you leave. You are in a magnificent looking huge building - snoop around for a bit. I actually found a silencer, but I couldn't find it just now when I played the scene again. She doesn't have a holster but it hangs on the side of her panties. But don't worry about the gun. It doesn't have any bullets anyway, and she looks better without it.

Chapter 7. BLINDED

This level is quite a challenge. A couple of tips. You never find any bullets for your silencer, if you happen to find the silencer. The only weapons you get are two grenades, and you have to use them both. You would think that blowing up some people with a grenade would set off a general alarm, but it doesn't.

First you have to blow up some scientists as they have a meeting about who knows what. There is no way to sneak through the meeting room without killing them all. One grenade takes them all out.

Then I recommend you take out two guards just before you try to make a break for it and enter a door with a large red diamond over it. The two guards keep walking back and forth, and I was able to evade them and enter this computer room and press some buttons, but I didn't have time to do it correctly. It turns out that when you heave a grenade (F2 save first - it takes practice and the grenades take a while to go off) as one guy leaves the room and the other comes up to take his place, you can kill both guys.) Then you can take all day on the buttons. When you hit four or five of the buttons, a cut scene shows a laser beam being turned off which sets off an alarm, and causes all the guards to run down to the other end of the hallway, giving you a clear shot to leave the lab and go through the glass doors. But one more tip. In the room from which you lob the grenade is a console with a button. I believe that the button has to glow green to allow you to get through the glass doors.

When you press the button, they show you a scene outside, and you would have expected the red diamond above your escape door to turn green, but I don't think it ever does. Anyway, you'll figure it out. Save and try it a few different ways after grenading the two guards. Another tip, when you finally make a break for it and pass through the glass doors, you actually have to hit a button and wait for the escape door to open. The cut scene shows one guard coming back for you because he heard something. You might have to dance around a little and dodge some bullets until the door opens. I got killed the first time because it took so long for the damn door to open.

DUE TO SIZE LIMITATIONS ON THE POST, I HAD TO CUT UP THE WALKTHROUGH INTO SECTIONS - THIS IS THE END OF SECTION 3.

K.Hawk Survival Instinct Walkthrough Final Part 4.

DUE TO SIZE LIMITATIONS ON THE POST, I HAD TO CUT UP THE WALKTHROUGH INTO SECTIONS - THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF FINAL SECTION 4.

Chapter 8 - LAW OF NATURES (I think they meant to say Laws of Nature but, oh well.)

You start this level with your empty silencer pistol in your blue jumpsuit. You will make a joyful discovery immediately if you wander over to where the projection screen is - you will find a machine gun (compared to Half Life, Far Cry, Max Payne, etc. none of the machine guns in this game fire very fast - about 5 rounds per second is tops) and some ammo. But this is pretty much a stealth level. You don't have much ammo. For fun just now I fired off the weapon attracting some guards and I killed the first one. But I ran out of bullets fast and then I was killed. So play it stealthy at least at first.

The main thing is that you will be wandering back and forth between two main sectors. You start out in A sector, and you have to head into B sector where the mutant army guys have gotten out of a confined area and are patrolling the halls. The problem with these guys is that they don't die with just one bullet to the head - it takes several. You are advised not to mess with them if you can help it. You will finally get over to the B sector, and then yuo will see the entrance to C. The opposite direction takes you back to the A sector. So check your compass heading and you will figure it out. Also you are told to head to the southernmost area to find the friendly scientist. You will use your mapping device a lot in this chapter. When you find the friendly scientist his assistant will give you a red key card that will get you into their lab in sector A. Then you will pick up a yellow card key, and meet them in C.

When you finish up this round, you wind up in a battle with Jeffries, the guy you were escorting originally in the helicopter. In one of the best cut scenes, they both touch hands through the bullet proof glass as she says "Oh, Jeffries, what have they done with you." She bows her head against the glass as he is doing the same on the other side, feeling remorseful because he couldn't prevent himself from killing the friendly scientist. And then the hardened bullet-proof glass suddenly starts to shatter just from the touch of his hands, and she backs off, suddenly frightened. I liked the drama of how they did that - really first class.

This leads to a scene in which you are supposed to kill him. My friend came over today and we figured it out. Forget about shooting him, that doesn't do anything. There are some buttons to press which raise some kind of red barriers, which seem like they trap him in his own flames. He yells "Yes!" and you will see that his health (the red bar at the bottom) drops by about 10%. I guess he yells "Yes" because he wants you to help him end his superman monster misery. If you can stay out of his fire, and if you can avoid the sparking that affects one of the two buttons, you can trap him enough times, running like hell each time the laser barriers come up (you can go right through them it seems) then he will eventually die. A cut scene shows you offering to go for help and I think I heard him say, "No." They don't let you use the save game feature here, and the invincibility cheat lumo3 doesn't work. If you just can't kill the guy, use the 3mulo cheat to advance to the next level.

Chapter 9 - BIOMASS

This is the monster zombie-filled creepy level. If anyone out there has played Nightmare Creatures, this is just as creepy. The mutants - I call them zombies - have slasher arms, and they lurch toward you slowly, deliberately, creepily, like the zombies in Half Life, only these are even scarier for some reason. I bought Doom3 but I haven't loaded it yet. I think it's the same type of thing. You better watch your back because while you're killing one, another will come up right behind you.

The chapter starts out with you leaving the area where Jeffries killed the friendly scientist. As soon as you go across to the sliding doors, in order to turn left to reach the elevator down, the first mutant comes through the doors at you and you have to kill him. The scope rifle is great for this because you can stand way back and use the scope and take him out with about 3 rounds. If instead of turning left you go straight ahead, and then turn left into the first laboratory, you will be startled by a zombie who comes out. Or if you go immediately left to the elevator and turn around before you go down the lift, you will see him coming down the hall. The room he comes out of has an uzi machine gun in it - so you have your choice of weapons. If you choose the uzi you can change your mind down below because you will come across another scope rifle in the jogging machine room.

As the communicator tells you, the fight with "Jeffrey" wreaked havoc on all the laboratories. At the bottom of the elevator you need to turn East to go all the way to the end to your final elevator. You will immediately see a mutant guard, but you can leave him be for now. He's guarding the West and you need to go East. You will work your way easily past two mutants who are guarding the East end of the huge hallway. When you get to the elevator a nearby room allows you to activate it, and also open all the laboratory doors, but you can't get to the elevator because of live steam in the room leading to the elevator. You have to turn the steam off.

As you turn away from the elevator, enter the first door you come to. It will be blocked by some boxes. The next door puts you close to the red circle where the two patrolling mutants are. I suggest that before you enter this room, you take a stand using the barrier next to the door, to make a fight with the mutant soldiers. Just start shooting, they will come running. If you don't do this, when you start shooting zombies, the noise will bring them anyway, and they will come in with machine guns firing - much more dangerous than the zombies. If you have the uzi you have the same weapon they have, but be prepared to go through all 25 rounds before you take each of them out. I played this just now a few different ways. One time I actually changed my mind against using the uzi and ran inside, where all the zombies are, ran past them to the left, then turned the corner to the right, entered the jogging machine room, and changed over to the scope rifle. Then I went back out. It was a very scary sprint, dodging slashing zombies, but I only lost about 30 life getting slashed a couple of times. The scope rifle can't be beat for taking out the mutant soldiers. For the zombies I also prefer it, although my friend liked the uzi better - it fires faster and when they are taking bullets they can't slash you. If you decide to try the zombie obstacle course and make a run for the scope rifle, once you kill the two guards guarding the East, you might as well head over and kill the one guard guarding the West. He unexpectedly showed up later. When you have killed all three of these guys you only have zombies to worry about. At least none of them have weapons.

The main objective of going through this zombie-filled section is two-fold: 1. collect all the rifle ammo you can get. 2. Find the id card for Dr Van Halen. When you are in the room with the jogging machines, go to the back of the room and look out the glass. You will see two corridors that are blocked, one by 3 boxes, one by 4 boxes. When you first play the game you might get confused and think there is only one corridor like I did. On the internet some girl was asking, "Where is the ID of Dr. Van Halen?" It's in the room next to the corridor that is blocked by 4 boxes. The best thing to do is to enter each room and kill every zombie, and collect all the weapons you can find.

Once you have the ID card, head West, and when you get to the red circle, take a left, or go straight ahead and then use a door on the left - there are about six doors that will all lead to the central computer desk. You can't miss it. One of the computers will take the ID you just found, and start a process that will keep you locked up for 3 minutes with about 50 zombies, but which will also turn off the steam blocking the elevator. My friend went down one corridor and took a stand with his back turned to a locked door. "The door is locked, right, that way I don't have to watch my back, he said." Pretty smart, you actually attract fewer zombies that way. My friend thought the level was very scary and creepy, but I know my little 11 year old friend will enjoy it when he visits again (the kid that gave me the game.) He'll say "Take this you so and so zombie!" That's what he used to say playing Nightmare Creatures.

The very last time I played I ended up running out the clock by running around the circle of computer desks because the zombies were getting harder to kill and there were four at that time. Running around I picked them off one at a time. The time before, playing with the uzi, I was out of bullets, starting to use my handgun with 40 rounds, and out of grenades. This is a creepy creepy chapter, and I am always glad when the countdown gets to zero. I went back in later and started killing zombies for the fun of it, and then 4 of them came outside after me, following me partway down the huge hallway. That was freaky watching them follow me down the huge hallway. I guess it's like the movie, Dawn of the Dead. They just keep slowly shuffling toward you.

Chapter 10 - HARD TARGETS

This is my favorite chapter of the game, and this is a graphics rich section. You are in a giant room where a submarine is parked. Overhead is a network of gangplank walkways. At one end where you enter are several motorized rubber lifeboats. If this were Half Life 2 you could get in the boats and go for a ride. There are some beautiful tractors and other heavy equipment down at the other end of this giant submarine room. And there are lots and lots of soldiers.

This is your rocket launcher zone. As soon as you enter the sector go straight ahead into a room where you will collect your rocket launcher and three packs of 5 rockets each. Then head down the hallway. Forget about stealth. The best way to move around in this level is to always have the rocket-firing circle in front of you, which means as soon as it de-activates, press the trigger to activate it again, the same way all the guns work. That way there won't be any activation delay when you need to shoot a rocket. A cut scene shows the colonel up above as you enter the submarine section. He yells to everyone "There she is!" That was a huge surprise to me, as used as I was by then, to sneaking around. I thought, "Wow, the cat's out of the bag, let's kick some ass!"

Practice your rocket technique. If you take a stand near where you are when you are first pointed out by the colonel, you will see way to your right that the soldiers come, one at a time, and they keep coming forever. You will learn to point the rocket at the ground maybe about 10 feet in front of them, so the rocket hits when they are within 10 feet of the explosion. My very good playing friend, the one who almost killed the sniper, didn't figure that part out and when he ran down to the right where the fork lift was he had a hard time killing the soldiers. Finally I showed him - fire at the ground in front of them. You don't have to be pinpoint accurate - rockets make a big explosion and will kill everybody within a 10-15 circle I suppose.

If you stay over near where you enter the room, soldier after soldier will come - the game will just keep spawning them the way that they kept being spawned in Sin before I figured out how to get out of the laboratory. If you run down to your right, you will come to a lot more rocket packs, and you will come to an explosives room. The guys coming out of that room have grenade launchers - be careful. One time I picked up some grenade launcher ammo, but I never found a grenade launcher. Anyway, the rocket launcher is more powerful.

You have to take an elevator down to rouse the colonel from his bedroom. The graphics are beautiful. His office is underwater. You can look through glass windows and see the propellor screws on the big submarine. A cut scene shows the colonel putting his helmet on a weird outfit that allows him to fire purple explosive lasers. He bawls you out for killing Jeffries then high tails it out of there before you can blow him to bits. When you come to the top of the elevator, a cut scene shows him rousing all the troops - "Stop the intruder." This is your last time to do an F2 save.

If you try different positions, you will find that you can easily kill the Colonel every time - it loses its challenge. The most sporting way to play is to get up on top at the same level he is at, and then run and fire at him. I never was able to kill him that way but I came close several times. You have to watch for soldiers and shoot right at the mesh of the gang planking anywhere close to them which will kill them right away.

When the colonel finally runs down the gangplank and ends up over where you first entered this huge room, you have just about finished him off - one more rocket is all you'll need. Then you get to watch a neat cut scene where Kitty takes one of the rubber lifeboats and motors out to sea, the submarine room exploding behind her. She is picked up by a helicopter, and congratulated by the dude riding with her. It's a cool ending.

I hope you are helped by this walkthrough to enjoy a really nice game and to turn frustration into fun. Have a good time with it.

Best wishes
    HarvardGuy

K.Hawk Survival Instinct Walkthrough Part 4. add-on

One last tip I forgot to include before - you can actually knock out a security camera with a bullet. Perhaps a silencer bullet will allow you to do this without raising an alarm.

Quote Originally Posted by BITE_ME
    6. I only paid about $13.00 for the game.
    lol... i only paid $5, probably why it wont even work... darn game
    Bush won the election
    I know, I know... DUH
    but someday, he will tear our nation apart!
    He will tear every citizen to shreds with troops from Iraq
    then he will nuke our shreds
    then he will send in more troops to bomb our shredded shreds with grenades
    THEN, he will use our shreds to build more nukes, and do the same to Iraq
    COUNT ON IT

S, C, K, Q... ml
    ^^^no one knows wut im talkin' 'bout, doo-da, doo-da...

One final tip. When you get into the room just before the missile room, the one where the map shows an arrow which requires the first key card you will find, when you press a series of four buttons on a machine, and then you go to another machine, a cut scene will play showing the refrigeration alternating, and showing you the location of the red key card. You have to dodge the freezing blasts of air to get to the card. The cut scene lasts for about 30 seconds, with almost nothing happening. If you are like me, you will think that the computer has frozen.
    1. What buttons (or the machine) do you have to press and what order? just all button any order or what?
    2. If u press spacebar, the cutscene (and any other for that matter) will end, and u can play again.
    Bush won the election
    I know, I know... DUH
    but someday, he will tear our nation apart!
    He will tear every citizen to shreds with troops from Iraq
    then he will nuke our shreds
    then he will send in more troops to bomb our shredded shreds with grenades
    THEN, he will use our shreds to build more nukes, and do the same to Iraq
    COUNT ON IT

S, C, K, Q... ml
    ^^^no one knows wut im talkin' 'bout, doo-da, doo-da...

Registered User $till LegendaryU2K's Avatar
    I had a hard time getting this game, they had to order the game from another state, but it paid off big time. Only had to pay 1.99 for it too, and its pretty good. Kinda like an major upgrade to the resident evil series, with better graphics and controls.

Overall 9+ in my book.
    K Hawk Survival Instinct: My favorite
    Jowood Game, running on ATI Radeon 7000
    64MB, with the power of Windows 98 Se.

I find it funny that the first picture I posted gets viewed 113 times. The second one "K Hawk in underware" gets downloaded 279 times.

i wish you still existed BITE ME, your avatar pictures of naked women really got me horning

long live