PDA

View Full Version : help with quest Hagen's Spy

karmondin
21-10-2010, 10:22
I picked up the quest at the monastery, ran to the ruins in the jungle, went into the temple, cleared it, came out the other end and went to the town on the cliffs overlooking the sea. The guard behind the gate does not allow entrance. I then noticed that the quest Hagen's Spy is not complete because apparently I did not catch up with him before he went into the temple. I tracked back and couldn't find the guy at all. After an hour of scouring every nook and cranny of the map, I just can't figure out what to do. Can someone please assist me? Thank you.

Kazko
21-10-2010, 10:29
You can find him in the temple guarded by a troll. He is waiting for you there. If you were talking about this temple, and he wasn't there, then try reloading an earlier save.

karmondin
21-10-2010, 10:34
Thank you for the prompt reply. The temple we are talking about in the underground labyrinth that has it's opening near the teleporter? That is the only "temple" entrance I found in the jungle. Although I cleared that one and came out the other end where you cross a natural bridge, I didn't find the spy being guarded by a troll.

Kazko
21-10-2010, 10:44
Here is a map with the temple entrance. Hagen's Spy should be right after the entrance. The troll I told you about is before the bridge.

Vhailor
21-10-2010, 12:24
Spy is at the temple entrance which is near the Setarrif. From what I understand you are still in that part of the jungle where is this hermit from monastery. Just to through that cave, follow the "road" so to say and eventually you'll get to the right one. You can't miss it since it's guarded by a troll, and that fella is very hard to miss :)

Stornatus
21-10-2010, 15:11
yeah you get a quest update when you enter the first cave network. Make sure you have helped the hermit before you go into the cave. After the cave you will help some mages on the beach. Then you will go on to setariif (and wish you could go inside) and meet some orcs. Then after the friendly troll you will finaly catch up with mr eyepatch.

Daen
22-10-2010, 02:44
How strange ... I just minutes ago finished off Mr. Eyepatch and his golems, but I never saw a troll near the entrance. I also didn't get the vampiric 2-hander from the monastery, though I did find all 4 levers. Wonder if there are minor differences in the Steam version?

Shinigami84
23-10-2010, 19:50
How strange ... I just minutes ago finished off Mr. Eyepatch and his golems, but I never saw a troll near the entrance. I also didn't get the vampiric 2-hander from the monastery, though I did find all 4 levers. Wonder if there are minor differences in the Steam version?

There shouldn't be any difference between versions.
Vampiric blade is in a chest in a secret room's secret room :D its easy to miss.

Daen
25-10-2010, 01:34
There shouldn't be any difference between versions.
Vampiric blade is in a chest in a secret room's secret room :D its easy to miss.

I'm quite sure I opened all the secret rooms, must have overlooked a chest. Finished the game without well enough, the lighting 2-hander you find later is not bad at all until you get a temple blade. I think it was the only thing that got me past the stupid minecrawlers ... one is bad enough ,but some spots you get three :o .