PDA

View Full Version : Stopped by a bug. Cor Angar won't accept my healing herbs for Yberrion

locutus1
21-04-2008, 02:09
I've played several times before so I collected all the healing herbs I found in the swamp when I was doing the quest to kill the bloodflies in chapter 1. When I've played before, Cor Angar would ask me for 5 of the stronger ones to heal Yberrion in chapter 3 and then I wouldn't have to go back to the swamp because I already had them. This time it doesn't work. I have 15 of the stronger ones: 4 orange leaves and 4 green leaves. I tell Angar I've been to the cemetery, I ask how Yberrion is and he tells me to get the herbs. I then start a new conversation but I don't have the option to tell him I have the herbs. The only thing different about playing this time is that I am now playing with goldenmod installed for the first time.

So I thought maybe he won't accept herbs I collected before getting the quest to collect them so I went back to the swamp and found 7 more. I still can't tell him I have the herbs. So I reloaded a save game I made just before talking to him, I dropped the herbs I had, talked to him, went to the swamp to get the herbs and it makes no difference. It's also strange that if I talk to him without the herbs, then I can tell him "I haven't found enough of the herbs yet.", to which he responds "Maybe Fortuno has some". So if I don't have the herbs in my inventory, I can tell Angar I haven't found them, but if I have them then I can't tell him I have found them.

I assume this is a goldenmod bug or a gothicmod bug. I tried copying the save game folders from "saves_goldenmod_eng" to "saves" and then running gothic.exe. This actually loads the saved game and it seems to work, but Angar acts the same way. I think I'm screwed unless there's a console command to get me past this conversation?

Mister42
21-04-2008, 06:58
In the golden mod, Y'Berion survives.
So this time, once you have the herbs, Angar tells you have to go to Fortuno and ask him to make a potion for you out of them(if you don't know alchemy). All you need to give to cor Angar is this potion, nothing else.
If somehow this doesen't work for you(no idea why), you could try entering the potion via-cheats.
And by the way, make sure you have the correct ones:

locutus1
21-04-2008, 08:38
In the golden mod, Y'Berion survives.
So this time, once you have the herbs, Angar tells you have to go to Fortuno and ask him to make a potion for you out of them(if you don't know alchemy). All you need to give to cor Angar is this potion, nothing else.
If somehow this doesen't work for you(no idea why), you could try entering the potion via-cheats.
And by the way, make sure you have the correct ones:
Yeah, I have the right ones. Angar has nothing to say to me about any potion. All I can ask him is "How do I become a templar?". There is no other option. Also, I read that the mod lets you learn alchemy and work for the bandits up north. I haven't figured out how to do either. I'm in chapter 3 and I haven't been back to the Old Camp since chapter 2. Do I learn from that guy who stands at the alchemy bench downstairs in the mages' temple all day? Making the potion won't help me here though. Angar hasn't told me to use the herbs to make the potion so I need a cheat to get him to say that.

locutus1
24-04-2008, 00:23
I figured it out. I reinstalled the playerkit. Now I can tell Angar I have the herbs. I can also learn from Dammarock which was not an option before. I went to the bandit camp. Quentin wants me to kill Bullit and take some documents from him. I killed him a long time ago so I need to insert him, I think. I tried typing "Insert Bullit" into the console but it doesn't work so how do I insert him so I can do this quest?

Mister42
24-04-2008, 06:28
Instead of Bullit type: GRD_203_Bullit

locutus1
24-04-2008, 23:37
Instead of Bullit type: GRD_203_Bullit

That doesn't work because you can't type underscores. I typed "Insert grd" (I tried to type "grd" in uppercase but it will only display in lowercase. It converts to uppercase after pressing Enter). After that I could not type an underscore so I tried a hyphen. That also didn't work, so you can't type underscores or hyphens so I typed a "2". That gave me "Insert grd2", but the 2 was automatically followed by "testmodell". I backspaced over "testmodell" and put in "03bullit". I pressed Enter and got an error that it wasn't found.

Mister42
24-04-2008, 23:44
I just gave it a try personally.
Even by typing "insert grd_203_Bullit" everything should be fine. You can type underscores(shift + _)

Here, i made even a screenshot for you
http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/8972/immaginefl1.jpg

locutus1
25-04-2008, 04:23
Ha ha. After going over all the special characters and punctuation symbols on the keyboard I figured it out. First, do you really think I didn't know how to make an underscore? Since I knew it was called an underscore, I think it's logical that I also knew how to make it: shift + -. Why would I say that it doesn't come up unless I was serious? When I pressed shift + - nothing happened. I thought "Are there supposed to be quotes?" So I tried it with and without quotes, but neither single nor double quotes would display. I figured there must be something you were not telling me.
Step by step:
1) I bring up the player stats screen
2) Type marvin
3) Press Esc
4) "testmode on" now appears in top left corner
5) Press F2 and console window appears with a colon in bottom left corner of the window followed by a cursor.
6) Press letter "I" and "Insert" appears followed by a space.
7) Type "grd"
8) Now if I hold down shift and press the hyphen key (to the left of "=" key), nothing happens.

I was about to post the above when I decided to explore all the special characters such as @#$%^& and all punctuation symbols. I found the underscore with nearly the last key I pushed: /. The forward slash key is left of the right shift key. If you press shift + / you normally get "?", but guess what I get? That's right. The underscore! This is a German keyboard, so it's not just "Z" and "Y" that are affected. I noticed several special characters and punctuation symbols are also affected including the underscore. Aren't you playing the English version? What key were you using to create the underscore? Hyphen key - top row, left of the "=", or the forward slash key? Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. From there I was able to figure it out eventually.

Mister42
25-04-2008, 09:07
I told you yo use shift + _ since that's the key i used, not the ones you mentioned. And i'm playing with the english gothic version(universe edition...maybe the changed it in the new package?) So yes, it told you all, i was not hiding anything....

Anyhow, happy you figured that out. You should be able to insert bullit now.