PDA

View Full Version : pickpocketing (Notr)

Kazzzz
07-02-2008, 22:46
Hi, Its me and my fire mage again. I just read in my last thred that pickpocket gives loads of exp over the chapters. I thought they only give once?

I usually pickpocket at chap 5 cos they giv the most exp.

Sory if this was discussed before.

Mister42
07-02-2008, 22:55
In NOtR the xp from pickpocketing increases with the number of people you've pickpocketed.
You gain more xp based on the chapter in vanilla Gothic2.

This means start pickpocketing as soon as you can! :D

Kazzzz
07-02-2008, 23:16
o dam i didnt know that!! so can i pickpocket the same ppl multiple times or sumthin? or its just that as i pickpocket the person, the exp gained in the next chapter will increase?

Nameless2
07-02-2008, 23:29
You can pickpocket the NPCs in case only once. If you have only Gothic 2 installed, the experience you get for a single pickpocket is larger in later chapters. So for example if you pickpocket person x in chapter y, you get 50 exp. If you pickpocket the same person x in chapter y+1, you get 60 exp. (just an example)
If you have NotR installed, for a single pickpocket the experience you get depends on how many NPCs you've robbed before and not on the chapter. So for example, if you pickpocket person x you get 50 exp and if you now pickpocket person x+1, you get 60 exp for the second robbery instead of the 50 you'd expect.

Kazzzz
07-02-2008, 23:35
can I still pickpocket the same person 2ce or 3 times though? In later chapters of course. Wont that system somewhat decrease the exp gained?

Nameless2
07-02-2008, 23:41
can I still pickpocket the same person 2ce or 3 times though? In later chapters of course. Wont that system somewhat decrease the exp gained?Single NPC gives only one option to pickpocket, indifferent of chapter. Once robbed (succesfully or not), this option is gone. And this holds for both installations.

Kazzzz
07-02-2008, 23:44
O dam so it doesnt really matter which chapter i start pickpocketing then. Will IU be able to pickpocket bandits if I have the bandit armor?

|Duo|
08-02-2008, 00:15
O dam so it doesnt really matter which chapter i start pickpocketing then. Will IU be able to pickpocket bandits if I have the bandit armor?

Some with names yes. But only in Jarhendar. Forget about bandits in VotM and Khorinis.