PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get heart of a stone golem?

General_Jah
15-05-2006, 06:17
I'm in chapter 4 and just got 4th circle of fire. I wanted to create my summon golem rune but I need an ingredient.

"heart of a stone golem"

I put down gothic 2 for roughly a month right before I got to chapter 4 and I don't recall ever getting this item. Could someone please tell me where I can this so I can create the rune?

Thanks

KindmeinerEltern
15-05-2006, 11:37
You need to know how to take hearts (learn as a hunting skill).

Then kill a stone golem (who would have guessed? :D) an take his heart...

Xenon
15-05-2006, 13:23

You can learn it from Grom, the hunter near Dexter's hideout. But first you must complete the mission "The Hungry Hunter"( you'll need to give Grom loads of food).

General_Jah
16-05-2006, 05:38

Then kill a stone golem (who would have guessed? :D) an take his heart...

I learned the skill but the question now is...

Where can I find a stone golem? I know I've killed a few before I could take hearts, but for the life of me I can't think of a location that has some...

Thanks!

Lacni
16-05-2006, 06:04
There are some golems in a cave at the mayan piramids, otherwise u ll find em in VoM.

General_Jah
16-05-2006, 07:05
There are some golems in a cave at the mayan piramids, otherwise u ll find em in VoM.

mayan pyramids? you mean the pyramids by the mine entrance to get to where the water mages are?

Also, where at in the valley of mines?

Lacni
16-05-2006, 11:30
mayan pyramids? you mean the pyramids by the mine entrance to get to where the water mages are?

Jes, that pyramids.

U ll find em on your way to the rock dragon. When u exit the castle just walk straight and at the end turn right and go up the mountain.

rimpelstale
20-05-2006, 16:30
Geez, I find those buggers everywhere....difficult fellows...I stole that holy hammer again but it doesnt work no more am I right?

And I havent even seen a mine to the watermages... asides from the guy in korinthis

Nameless2
20-05-2006, 18:29
Geez, I find those buggers everywhere....difficult fellows...I stole that holy hammer again but it doesnt work no more am I right?

And I havent even seen a mine to the watermages... asides from the guy in korinthis
In that case you only have Gothic 2 original, the 'mine' (it's a dig out for the entrance, not a mine) is next to the pyramid on the top east side of the map of Khorinis.
The hammer should still work though, but it only works on the magic Golem. Never tried it anything else however.

Lacni
22-05-2006, 06:01
The sacred hammer works only on magic golem, all other golems can be killed with a sword.

The cave is there in both g2 and notr. If u watch from the path, it is behind the pyramid. But the golems are not there when u enter the cave. There are only piles of rock. U have to go to the end of the cave and open the chest. When u turn around u ll se the first golem rising.

Gay Lord
22-05-2006, 07:46
IIRC, the golems don't appear (at least in my english version) just from opening the chest. They only appear once you have taken the bag from the chest. So, you could loot the chest, leave the bag, and the golems wouldn't appear.

It is the precious item in the bag that the golems are guarding.

Mister42
22-05-2006, 11:59
The sacred hammer works only on magic golem, all other golems can be killed with a sword..

Are you shure, werent the normal golems killable only with hammer,
mean while the magic golem only withe the magica hammer ?:p

Lacni
22-05-2006, 13:39
IIRC, the golems don't appear (at least in my english version) just from opening the chest. They only appear once you have taken the bag from the chest. So, you could loot the chest, leave the bag, and the golems wouldn't appear.

It is the precious item in the bag that the golems are guarding.

True. Looks like i didnt play for a while and there are holes in my memory! ;)

Are you shure, werent the normal golems killable only with hammer...

That was in g1, in g2 u can kill any golem with a sword.

Laiahan
22-05-2006, 21:59

i can find more water mages in gothic 2 bside vatras???

Xenon
22-05-2006, 22:14

Yes, but not in Gothic 2 classic, only in NotR.

Nameless2
22-05-2006, 22:38
Lacni took the wrong bit of the question, he means a cave to the back of the temple, the digging site is to the right of the temple and something different.

rimpelstale
23-05-2006, 22:40
Then how would we go about this?

Can we install NOTR and play our old savegames, but only with more quests and storylines? doubt that would work..

Nameless2
23-05-2006, 23:01
No you can't. There are numerous new persons and quests in the areas you've been gone through already and the game can't cope with that I guess (actually never tried). Best is to play through and install NotR later, or to start all over again with a fresh install.
As said somewhere before, I suggest the first, for it gives a better experience and you have twice the fun for the same price.

rimpelstale
24-05-2006, 01:42
you know I might even try that after all.
I always wondered what it would be like to fight as a paladin.
I sometimes get the impression things are a bit inconvenient being a mage.
But that's just the sort of person I am, more than a hack & slasher..:evil:

I'm afraid btw, as great as the game is, sometimes you get an unwanted spoiler.
For instance, I am now at chapter 6, I haven't gone to the isle yet, but the game has already given away that the final boss is a giant dragen.

hope I'm wrong though...;-)

one more thing:

There's the option to create a "secret of the library-rune".
When making it, there's the message I'm an item too short.
have I missed something or is this going to be revealed later?
(I have been in the underground library where I found the tears of innos)

thanks again 4 all the answers sofar. nice community.

Lacni
24-05-2006, 07:02
For the rune creation u only need empty runestone and a bottle of holy water.

As for playing NOTR, i d say go over original g2 as a sword fighter, before u try addon. Sometimes NOTR can be just too hard for a beginner. And playing as a mage is totaly different from playing with sword.